Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maven Optics
 Login/Join

posted
A fellow hunter recommended a line of binoculars called Maven. Has anyone tried them? I'm shopping for a 10x42.

.....fortunate son

Posts: 20 | Location: Outside Atlanta, GA | Registered: 15 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know a guy who sells and uses Maven scopes here in South Africa. He does a lot of ELR shooting and seems quite happy with them.
I have fired just a couple of shots with one of these rifles, a beast of a thing in an 8mm RUM-based wildcat with a "structured" barrel. At a gong about 980m away. Optics seemed pretty good to me.

Can't speak about their binos specifically though.

Posts: 458 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend in Wyoming that has some of their binoculars and a couple of rifle scopes as well. I used the binos a little on an antelope hunt last fall and was impressed with the clarity and quality of the "feel". They are headquartered in Lander, WY so they are pretty popular out there. I understand they are assembled in the US with imported glass and they also sell direct which is a little different.

Posts: 206 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote