Trijicon Accupoint scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
Are these good optics?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36440 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
I liked the glow reticle but wasn't impressed with the quality of the actual glass. It was more Leopold VX2 quality and not up to what I had hoped it would be. VX3, Conquest and up were better quality glass...but then you have the difference in reticles.

It all really depends on what you want to do with it.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2311 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane I have had 3 of them---broke one , they were so-so on customer service.

I love the reticles, easy fast and accurate, as far as actual optics-well on my 416 I dint shoot much over 200 yds so they work great for me-

in balance, I am a big fan.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have had 2, I am going back to Leupold.

Even if Leupold sends you a box with a scope made from an actual turd in it, you still get your scoped fixed or replaced.

Just about anyone else other than Vortex doesn't understand customer service.

Vortex makes a nice product for the money.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went leupold vxr. The one that has the lighted reticle. It has multiple brightness settings is easy to use and is leupold so never warsnty issues. Looked long and had at trijicon, landed wth leupold

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Trijicon.....Biggest piece of Crap I ever owned!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
It worries me that so much discussion concerns how good warranties are. Before universal image-movement, I recall shooters talking about how reliable their scopes were, not how cooperative the maker was at fixing ones that went bad.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with my Trijicon scopes.
They're military tough and stand up to my African hunting quite well.
I prefer the green dot, which to me shows up best.

I have an ACOG on a Colt AR with the Bible verse inside. That's a real feral hog slayer.

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two - 1x4 green post and 3x9 red post.

First scopes on my dg rifles.

I have since move to swarovski z6 1x6 illuminated.

The swarovski are in a different league worth 3 times the price - yes if you are hunting cats.

I have the trijicons on a larue 308 and a sako 9.3x62.

The trijicons are good scopes. I probably wont be buying anymore as i am focusing right now on getting a few leupold vx6 illuminated.

The issue i have with the post is that the aim point is the tip of the post and often in a hurry i use whole post. I really like the illuminated dot in a illuminated circle on the Swarovski. My shooting improve significantly after I switched.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My shooting improved significantly after I switched.

I guess that was since the last time I hunted with you :-)

Posts: 20080 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:
My shooting improved significantly after I switched.

I guess that was since the last time I hunted with you :-)

Since I put your moose in the salt and stopped your annual pilgrimages for a Alaskan moose hunt - I am pretty sure you hate my shooting abilities.

Everyone wants to go spend every September in Alaska chasing the elusive moose :-)

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've owned a few 3-9 (red triangle, amber dot) and a 1-4 (amber triangle). I think the glass is better than leupold VX 3 and just under the conquest. My favorite reticle is the triangle. It's easy to pick up and very accurate. You use the point to aim. I like that they dim with the sun so it isn't overpowering at dusk and they have just the right amount of glow when it gets dark. They are tough and heavy. That being said, I bought mine when the price ranges were $550-$650. I won't buy them for the prices they are asking now, $800+.

I think you can get better scopes for their current price.

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
It worries me that so much discussion concerns how good warranties are. Before universal image-movement, I recall shooters talking about how reliable their scopes were, not how cooperative the maker was at fixing ones that went bad.

^^^^^^^^^^^
This!

Posts: 2639 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Is the general concensus on these still = junk? When compared to other $800-$1000 European rifle scope manufacturers...

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
Is the general concensus on these still = junk? When compared to other $800-$1000 European rifle scope manufacturers...

There is better glass for the money.

I would look at Leica and leupold vx6 older models.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
High dollar Europeon scopes turn me off. They are over priced and they add the import tax to the customer, for a big heavy chunky piece of crap..

As to Leupold quality being inferior to some of the $2000 dollars stuff, I challenge that..I have a 5 strand barb wire fence about 300 yards to the end of my pasture...I can count the barbs with a 4X Leupold if I try real hard, With a 2x7 I have no trouble counting the barbs. Afther testing several of the high dollar scopes with so called magic optics I get the same picture, not one bit better, and the same in early morning and late evening or in the dark under a spot light hunting Coyotes in Texas...The European scopes make big claims and too many folks base everything on costs as to its quality..Maybe I'll write a book on the subject, been studying it for many years..I would name it "the great rip off".. stir sofa

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41787 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
While I haven't been studying these matters closely like Bobby T, I suspect there might be some truth in what Ray says. There's a fault in human nature that makes us accept the Royal tailor's assurance that the emperor's threads are extremely fine and luxurious. And once we buy the same brand ourselves, the ego conscripts our eyes to seeing that magnificence big-time.

And even if there is some marginal superiority in the Continental scopes, do they justify the massive prices? The law of diminishing returns can be unbelievably applicable sometimes. I once bought a first-growth burgundy grown a hundred yards up the hill from Romanee Conti, which even then cost $3000 a bottle. I've not yet managed to try any DRC wines but I'm pretty sure they're not 70 times better than my 25-Euro purchase.

As you may know, my scope concerns are mainly mechanical; I lost interest in new European scopes after they finally caved in to constantly centred reticles in the 1970s and '80s.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
High dollar Europeon scopes turn me off. They are over priced and they add the import tax to the customer, for a big heavy chunky piece of crap..

So what would that have to do with this thread, which is specifically about TRIJICON scopes? Ray, I hate to break it to you, but Trijicon scopes are neither European nor high dollar. Big Grin

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9322 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Any more reviews on these?

Tomorrow I'm picking up a 3-9x40 Accupoint with the duplex/Amber dot. I'll let y'all know what I think

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 2.5-10 and a 3-9. Both have been good scopes.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I don't have the Accupoint but the battery-powered Accupower. Trijicon claims the glass is the same, but I can't verify that.

I have had 3 of the 2.5-10x56 and still have 2. I sold the first because my eyes didn't care for the green. I switched the the red duplex and like it much better. Mine were purchased on closeout/clearance-type sales. The highest price I paid on any of the 3 was right at $450 shipped. Other than the Burris Four-X that CLNY brought over and is blowing out, no other optic challenges it at that price point.

My hands are hurting so I won't get into great detail, but the glass quality is rather close to the original Conquest line -- and that aint a bad thing at all.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9322 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Im sorry Bobby, did I get carried away.. wave

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41787 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Well after a few days of having this Accupoint...I'm ready to own a few more. Great rifle scopes. Clear, tritium dot doesn't cover as much of the target as the websites show (Midwayusa and others show a HUGE illuminated dot on their reticle photo. Not the case)

I'm ready to try this one out on an evening hog hunt. I think I may rig some sort of LED cover over the tritium so it will light it up in the dark if I hunt past sunset.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
quote:
dot doesn't cover as much of the target as the websites show (Midwayusa and others show a HUGE illuminated dot on their reticle photo. Not the case)

You bring up a great point. Many manufacturers use reticle graphics that are nowhere close to reality. It is one of my pet peeves. Big Grin

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
quote:
dot doesn't cover as much of the target as the websites show (Midwayusa and others show a HUGE illuminated dot on their reticle photo. Not the case)

You bring up a great point. Many manufacturers use reticle graphics that are nowhere close to reality. It is one of my pet peeves. Big Grin

If the dot was as large as Midway/Cabelas/Natchez shows it to be, I would not be happy with the scope. I was afraid it was going to be a 6MOA illuminated dot in the center barf

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Looking around a few websites and it looks like the Accupoint rifle scopes are down to around $619 now...instead of $900+. A much better price point. I'm ready to order another Cool