Find
Notify
Tools

Albar 8x56?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Somebody showed me a scope that they want to sell. It's an 'Albar', made in Belarus in a 8x56 configuration. It has a very busy Russian Draganov (?) type reticle and a 1" tube.

I can't find much on the 'Net about them. One source said they were made under license with Doctor.

Any idea what these are worth?

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Forgive me for bringing in politics but Belarus is the despotic 'running dog' of Putin's Russia, a dictatorship that lacks even the dubious philosophic justification of a Communist manifesto.

So, even if I heard that the scope was reticle-movement and containing the finest lenses and sealing, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Posts: 4942 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
That's very helpful. Thanks for you input.

quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
Forgive me for bringing in politics but Belarus is the despotic 'running dog' of Putin's Russia, a dictatorship that lacks even the dubious philosophic justification of a Communist manifesto.

So, even if I heard that the scope was reticle-movement and containing the finest lenses and sealing, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote