Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabella's Alaskan Guide Scopes
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone uesed an Cabella's Alaskan Guide scope? What do they compare to and do Cabella's back it up?

Posts: 7 | Location: Western North Dakota | Registered: 30 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one. I got it to test and use, so I didn't pay for it. I have shot it a bit on a .308 Win. It appears to be a fine scope. It clicks reliably. It is no Leupold, but it is worth the money.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve_robinson
posted Hide Post
I have the 3x12x52x30mm tube on my 300 ultramag and it works fine for me. I agree, its no leupold but it works and is clear and bright.

Steve(NOT Shakari)Robinson
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 219 | Location: Arlington, WA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently bought one on a closeout deal.
they seem to be discontinuing the 1" tube 6.5-20x44
duplex model and dropped the price from $319 to $199...

but I got the last one, the demo for 10% off.

I put it on my Rem700VSSF in 223rem and it's kinda neat to be able to read the lettering on the 100yd targetsSmiler

I like it, but I need a shade for it, to cut down on the mirage from the barrel heat after firing more than one or two shots.

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote