New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope for a 6x47(222Rem Mag)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My final choices are a SII Sightron 4x16 or a SII 6x24 can't make up my mind. This strickly a varmint rifle. Either one will be with a mildot reticle.

Fred M.
zermel@shaw.ca

Posts: 465 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ZERMEL, Either will work fine on a 6x47!! I have shot countless varmints with a 6x47 either on the old 722 action with the 26" Douglas air guage supreme barrel wearing a 6-18 Redfield(original Redfield from the 70's or the 222MAG wearing a myriad of scopes(started life as a Remington 700BDL then when that original barrel wore out the action got trued and the 40X barrel got put on it along with the 40X stock!!) and either of these rounds are EXCEPTIONAL 250-400 yard varminters!!! The 4-16 will suffice!! The 6-24 ....may as well go that route!! You may want a longer range varminter in the future!!! Have fun with the 6x47!!! If ol Pendall and Palmisano hadn't come up with their little ditty the "PPC" then the 6x47 would still be the king of the BR circuit!!! GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groundhog devastation:
You may want a longer range varminter in the future!!! Have fun with the 6x47!!! If ol Pendall and Palmisano hadn't come up with their little ditty the "PPC" then the 6x47 would still be the king of the BR circuit!!! GHD

I had all the big 22 and 6mm varminters, I am all done with them. 6ppc, 30br 6x47, 25 Hunter are much more to my liking. These are a joy to shoot. Yes I will go with the 6x24 Sightron.
I shoot a 4200 Bushnell 6x24 on the 25 Hunter HBR rifle and have a 30br switch barrel to shoot varmint for score at 24X and the Hunter at 6x. Works not too bad. The 6x27 is a custom rebore from a 223 on an H&R single shot. A make work project. You can see it under the single shot forum, (H&R custom Barrels.)
Thanks for the reply.

Fred M.
zermel@shaw.ca

Posts: 465 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote