New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kudos for Leupold once again...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Last week I sent a 40 or 50 year old, first year of the centered reticle as I recall. Its a 4x28...Its been on my 250 Savage for as long as I can remember, it was given to dad by Bill Weaver or Dick Shaw...

I noticed a ever so slight wiggle in the horizontal cross hair, real or imagined..Got it back this week, new duplex reticle, new adjustments, new end bell, new erector system and in fact looks like a new scope..

No charge, no shipping charge, no expense..How can you beat that..Been using Leupolds for a lifetime mostly for that vary reason plus they are streamlined and look nice on my guns, I can't abide by clunky bulky heavy scopes on a hunting rifle..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only scopes I use now.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
40 plus years with Leupold. Have tried a couple other name brand scopes, some good some not so much. But none better and none with such an unquestioned warranty and excellent customer service. Currently a huge fan of the Leupold VX-6 series. Using the 1-6x illuminated on my African DG rifles.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm with you guys.....been around the block with various makes, for the past 6 yrs it's been virtually all Leupy's. Love the VX3's, and the VX6's take it to another level. Can't go wrong with that gold ring.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
& 1. They stand behind what they sell and make great products.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine was burned by Leica on a warranty. They wouldn't fix it and shipped it back to him with a bill for their attempt.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have mostly Leupolds but Nightforce is a better scope for my long range guns. But the real sleeper is March - bright, reliable adjustments, 10X zoom, and not bulky.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
A friend of mine was burned by Leica on a warranty. They wouldn't fix it and shipped it back to him with a bill for their attempt.

Burn by Leupold? If so, I can take care of that.
It has happened to me twice.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
...Its been on my 250 Savage for as long as I can remember, it was given to dad by Bill Weaver or Dick Shaw...

I'm a little bemused at your thinking Bill Weaver may have been the source. Did he have some connection with Leupold?

Posts: 4956 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The "great Leupold lifetime warranty" is greatly over-valued:

I bought my first Leupold 50 years ago this year and have owned more than 50 of them in the time since. I have needed warranty service exactly once. I have a dealer friend who has probably bought and sold 500 used Leupolds and he used the warranty for only the second time in his career just last month.

The truly "great" thing about the Leupold warranty is that it is hardly ever needed!

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
That's the kind of long warranty I like, Stonecreek: one where it actually reflects the quality of the product.

I had a carpet sweeper once with a 10-year warranty but it broke so many times in the first few months I got sick of taking it back and just junked it.

Posts: 4956 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

- The department claims? My scope was dead.
- And you have a lifetime warranty?
- Yes, a lifetime.
- Well, once dead - hence the warranty was over.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
A majority of my scopes are Leupold as well. tu2 I do have some Swaros, and one Khales, however. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
EXCELLENT Customer service!!! The ONLY scope I use.

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Denver made Redfield that took a dunking and came out fogged. I bought it in about 1979, and it came with a lifetime warranty. Unfortunately, that was for the lifetime of the company.

It's good that Leupold still honors the warraty on a 50 year old scope.

Posts: 69 | Location: Fouke, Ark. | Registered: 06 August 2014Reply With Quote