Find
Notify
Tools

Sako Optilocks
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted
Well I just mounted up a 6x42 leupold in some low optilocs on my AII forrester .243 and WOW, what kind of objective scope would fit in high rings?? I've got 3/8" clearance between the bell and barrel with this set up! I should have gone with ultra lows...luckily I have a big head and the fit is pretty close.

After monkeying around putting the rings to the bases and putting them on the rifle, I think they are better than a redfield type mount, but still not as nice as the old windage adjustable ringmounts that sako made. I'm sure I'll like my un-marred scope if I ever change it out, the inserts are nice and I've been a fan of the burris signature rings that have this feature.

I'll bore sight it and hit the range this week. I'm looking forward to using this setup. It's the first fixed power scope that I've had in some time. Hear lots of good things about the leupold.

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 397 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your new Optilocks are windage adjustable also. Moving the front ring for and aft adjusts windage.

Get your scope to optical center by placing it flat on a mirror and ajusting until the reticle and shadow reticle match. Then when boresiting move the front ring until your windage is centered.

Tighten the screws carefully. It's best to use a few light hammer taps on your allen drive to make sure it's seated to the bottom of the screw-head.

I like the Optilocks a lot...................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote