Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe in October's heat
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted
Gents:
How does one from a cold climate adjust to hunt in the heat of Zimbabwe? Being from Alaska I am comfortable in 5-10 degrees C. 15 is warm and anything over 20C starts to get uncomfortable.

There are some great deals on unsold animals as the year comes to an end. Is there any way to adjsut one's body to the heat? I know friends from the southern US have no problem but I have to pass on the good deals as I don't function well in the heat.

Any suggestions? I will be in South Africa and Zimbabwe in June and July but would like to return later in the year.

I've been in Bulawayo twice in December and that was OK as the rains dropped the temp. However one side trip to Chiredzi and all I could do is stay inside infront of the AC.

Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Gents:
How does one from a cold climate adjust to hunt in the heat of Zimbabwe? Being from Alaska I am comfortable in 5-10 degrees C. 15 is warm and anything over 20C starts to get uncomfortable.

There are some great deals on unsold animals as the year comes to an end. Is there any way to adjsut one's body to the heat? I know friends from the southern US have no problem but I have to pass on the good deals as I don't function well in the heat.

Any suggestions? I will be in South Africa and Zimbabwe in June and July but would like to return later in the year.

I've been in Bulawayo twice in December and that was OK as the rains dropped the temp. However one side trip to Chiredzi and all I could do is stay inside infront of the AC.

Cal

Cal -

Come on down and I'll either fix ya or kill ya. You pick.

But...you'd be ready for those soft Zim summer temps. Wink

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3342 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gents:

Cal

Cal ... In a word ... NO!

rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I can say re this was I had a rough couple days going from below zero temps here to high 90+ temps on a lord derby eland hunt in Cameroon in January a few years back.

Getting acclimated took a few days, and I certainly wasn’t at my best.

Drink tons of water- if you aren’t peeing every hour or so, you are not drinking enough. Take some powdered Gatorade or such.

It’s uncomfortable, but unless you have significant medical issues, you will be fine if you hydrate. If you stop sweating while in the heat and walking, that’s heat illness onset. Stop and rest and drink like crazy.

Heat stroke can kill.

Posts: 10479 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Cal, good question.

Do you have any sweat lodges or steam baths up there?

What my Navajo workers did to get ready for working from Needles to Barstow was get dressed up in all their winter gear and sit in the sweat lodges. I kid you not they would be dressed for the most harsh winter and work all day in the heat dressed like that in the desert. I never had one go down with heat exhaustion.

I do not play golf, however the rounds were very inexpensive at Needles to play in the afternoon when it was in between 128 and 130 degrees. Like I indicate in another post, I needed to wear a jacket at 100 degrees as I was cool, chilly.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
All I can say re this was I had a rough couple days going from below zero temps here to high 90+ temps on a lord derby eland hunt in Cameroon in January a few years back.

Drink tons of water- if you aren’t peeing every hour or so, you are not drinking enough. Take some powdered Gatorade or such.

It’s uncomfortable, but unless you have significant medical issues, you will be fine if you hydrate. If you stop sweating while in the heat and walking, that’s heat illness onset. Stop and rest and drink like crazy.

Heat stroke can kill.

You guys that use/recommend Gatorade products, take notice.

Gatorade is garbage. it doesn't give you what you need to stay hydrated and fueled. Science has moved the metric on hydration mixes.

I use two products. Skratch labs Hydration drink mix, which I prefer. it is light with mild taste.

The second, which feels heavy in flavor is SIS (Science in Sports) "Go" Hydration mix.

Both offer significant Carbs as well, which will keep your energy up. At strenuous levels of exercise, you'll need 60-80 grams of Carbs, just to stay in the game. When you feel sluggish and lethargic, it can be both dehydration and lack of glucose (fuel)

Both available in easy carry packs and both available on Amazon.

Professional endurance athletes use these two products by a very large margin over all the others.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3342 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Carry backpack full of water so you don’t have to ask all the time
That way you just keep drinking and nobody’s waiting for you
Like Doc says, drink and pee

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Lose weight if you need to. You’ll need to reverse Bergman’s Rule.

Don’t be offended - I need to take my own advice...;/)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve, endurance athletes are different than the rest of us. They are catabolizing themselves while performing. That is rather different than plain heat exposure.

Medically, you hydrate pretty dang well with water, and don’t need much of the other stuff, assuming you are not vomiting or having diarrhea. Something like pedialyte is actually better than the endurance stuff for that issue. Someone like Cal need something they can and will drink.

Frankly, a lot of the performance stuff is scientific snake oil. “Clinically” studied/researched in nutrition is not very rigorous... there is a reason that supplements are not under the FDA.

I think you can get the Gatorade that they use for actual athletic events as a powder. You can also mix it as you wish, and I usually use 2x the water that they call for in the directions. It has glucose in it as opposed to sucrose, and doesn’t taste sweet unless you are dehydrated or hypoglycemic... but that doesn’t sell and is not what the premixed stuff is that you buy in stores. The diet stuff is just uncarbonated soft drinks anyhow.

Note to the PH’s and such, you can go online and find the WHO’s formula for oral rehydration solution. That is actually the best for rehydration.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

Heat stroke can kill.

Gatorade is garbage. it doesn't give you what you need to stay hydrated and fueled. Science has moved the metric on hydration mixes.

I use two products. Skratch labs Hydration drink mix, which I prefer. it is light with mild taste.

The second, which feels heavy in flavor is SIS (Science in Sports) "Go" Hydration mix.

Both offer significant Carbs as well, which will keep your energy up. At strenuous levels of exercise, you'll need 60-80 grams of Carbs, just to stay in the game. When you feel sluggish and lethargic, it can be both dehydration and lack of glucose (fuel)

Professional endurance athletes use these two products by a very large margin over all the others.

Posts: 10479 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
All this rehydration stuff...traveling half way across the world, regular water will do wonders and you don’t have to pack bunch of extra stuff
But then, each to their own...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve, endurance athletes are different than the rest of us. They are catabolizing themselves while performing. That is rather different than plain heat exposure.

Medically, you hydrate pretty dang well with water, and don’t need much of the other stuff, assuming you are not vomiting or having diarrhea. Something like pedialyte is actually better than the endurance stuff for that issue. Someone like Cal need something they can and will drink.

Frankly, a lot of the performance stuff is scientific snake oil. “Clinically” studied/researched in nutrition is not very rigorous... there is a reason that supplements are not under the FDA.

I think you can get the Gatorade that they use for actual athletic events as a powder. You can also mix it as you wish, and I usually use 2x the water that they call for in the directions. It has glucose in it as opposed to sucrose, and doesn’t taste sweet unless you are dehydrated or hypoglycemic... but that doesn’t sell and is not what the premixed stuff is that you buy in stores. The diet stuff is just uncarbonated soft drinks anyhow.

Note to the PH’s and such, you can go online and find the WHO’s formula for oral rehydration solution. That is actually the best for rehydration.

quote:
quote:

Heat stroke can kill.

I, as an endurance athlete, train "most of the time", that is to say 85% below threshold. My body, through adaptation does not use catabolic energy sources, until I am at or above threshold, AND have depleted my muscle glycogen stores.

However, My training is classified as "polarized" which means I do hi-intensity threshold work up to three days a week. I do endurance level training for "volume" two days a week. Even at threshold, my body looks for carbs first, fat next.

This morning, I push it hard on my carb intake. SO much so that I had the onset of stomach distress. At these levels of energy output, I try for 80-100 carbs per hour.

watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH4aaiGa9TQ

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Good old fashion walking and some weight workout is plenty for Africa
High altitude, yes , you might wanna do a little more
Thing is, most of us international hunters ar over 50 and not endurance, high intensity athletes
Just eat well there and hydrate in that extreme heat

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:

Heat stroke can kill.

I, as an endurance athlete, train "most of the time", that is to say 85% below threshold. My body, through adaptation does not use catabolic energy sources, until I am at or above threshold, AND have depleted my muscle glycogen stores.

However, My training is classified as "polarized" which means I do hi-intensity threshold work up to three days a week. I do endurance level training for "volume" two days a week. Even at threshold, my body looks for carbs first, fat next.

This morning, I push it hard on my carb intake. SO much so that I had the onset of stomach distress. At these levels of energy output, I try for 80-100 carbs per hour.

watch this video.

The reason Steve does not swim as part of his workout is between May and August he uses his pool to boil lobsters. Yes, it's that hot in Arizona.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Good old fashion walking and some weight workout is plenty for Africa
High altitude, yes , you might wanna do a little more
Thing is, most of us international hunters ar over 50 and not endurance, high intensity athletes
Just eat well there and hydrate in that extreme heat

Milan, you're 100% accurate. Thing go into the weeds pretty fast eh?

BTW, I'm 60 in one month and stillride/race at a pretty high level. I pay extreme attention to the details. the three rules to win by...Sleep, Nutrition, Hydration.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:

Heat stroke can kill.

watch this video.

The reason Steve does not swim as part of his workout is between May and August he uses his pool to boil lobsters. Yes, it's that hot in Arizona.

Cal, you can throw September in there as well. Big Grin

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

Heat stroke can kill.

LOL. 90 degrees. Childs play compared to October in Zim, especially places like the Zambezi Valley. Try 135 or a bit more. The first time I hunted Dande in October, the glue holding the soles of my hunting boots melted and I had to tape them back together to continue the hunt. Couldn't keep my feet dry from sweat, no matter how much powder I used or how often I changed to new / dry socks. Had blisters on every toe by the end of day 3. If you find that video of my 2013 ele hunt in Dec, you'll notice I was in great shape for that hunt, having lost quite a bit of weight starting that spring. Right before I shot the ele, there is a clip of me from behind where my entire shirt was dripping wet with sweat. The entire shirt. It was 138 that day. That's why I laughed at Cal's question. I'm not sure a guy accustomed to Alaska can do it.

I've got a buddy that works 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off on the North Slope. I was at his place in Mineral Wells a few years ago right after the DSC convention in January. It was in the upper 40's that day as we shot rifles in the front yard. I was bundled up in a full size coat. He was wearing shorts and a T shirt. I was miserable. I kept thinking he was showing off and would soon put on a coat. Nope. Was there all day and he never hinted at being uncomfortable in his shorts and t-shirt.

Point being I'm used the heat with humidity in North Texas. I prefer heat to cold any day. But 130 to 135 in the valley is difficult. The heat from the ground radiates back up to you, giving the feeling of baking in an oven.

I like hunting Zim in Oct, Nov., Dec. But it's hot. Extremely HOT!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve hunted Zim in that time as well, but the shock going from -35F to 90-100 F is much worse than from 65 to 120, especially when you are usually not exerting in the middle of the day.

Hunted in Zambia in late October as well. The Luangwa ain’t cool then, either.

Specifics vary, but rule 1 in heat is hydrate.

The change between dealing with 3 months of winter then going to hot temps was a bigger issue than just the heat- for me.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve hunted Zim in that time as well, but the shock going from -35F to 90-100 F is much worse than from 65 to 120, especially when you are usually not exerting in the middle of the day.

Hunted in Zambia in late October as well. The Luangwa ain’t cool then, either.

Specifics vary, but rule 1 in heat is hydrate.

The change between dealing with 3 months of winter then going to hot temps was a bigger issue than just the heat- for me.

I agree, the change in temp range is probably more important that the actual highest temp. I just looked up typical temps in Willow AK during October. What I see is a high of 39, low of 23. The range of temp change between Willow and certain parts of Zim is going to be BRUTAL. Especially as you point out, if you are exerting in the middle of the day.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
If it is less than 80°F...I am chilly. I like it about 95°F the best. Greater than 110°F it starts being too much of a good thing...but I don’t really mind it.

Two weeks ago at -10°F at my office...I can do without.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
If it is less than 80°F...I am chilly. I like it about 95°F the best. Greater than 110°F it starts being too much of a good thing...but I don’t really mind it.

I always knew Texans were soft. rotflmo

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

I agree with all of that ... 100%

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
As the wag once said, it ain’t the heat; it’s the humidity.

Wet heat is worse than dry, AFAIC. Just in terms of relative discomfort. Both are equally awful in terms of potentially deleterious health effects.

Heat is still heat, and you’ll need plenty of water, whether it’s dry or wet.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I was in Canada a few years ago.

The temperature was -35!

I will take the summer heat of Chete any day!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I was in Canada a few years ago.

The temperature was -35!

I will take the summer heat of Chete any day!

Saeed, I’m no fan of the cold either. But I can always put on more clothes.

The reverse is not true!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I built a Sauna and if I use it a lot before I go to a hot climate can adjust but any more I dont like hot weather after 35 winters in Alaska.

kk alaska

One of Us
Picture of Ready Aim Shoot
posted Hide Post
I've been to Zim in Oct. a few times and it never got as hot as some on AR say it gets.I always thought it got very hot in Africa before going there.Living in Canada is like living in a refrigerator and freezer for most of the year.Who likes that no matter how much clothes you can put on? It sucks and as you get older it really gets to you.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ready Aim Shoot:
I've been to Zim in Oct. a few times and it never got as hot as some on AR say it gets. I always thought it got very hot in Africa before going there.Living in Canada is like living in a refrigerator and freezer for most of the year.Who likes that no matter how much clothes you can put on? It sucks and as you get older it really gets to you.

Let's all remember this is Shootaway speaking here, with his new handle of Ready Aim Shoot.

George, I know you've hunted Makuti numerous times but have you hunted Dande in October? Those two areas are vastly different in terms of elevation and temps.

My first trip with CMS in October of 2010, I was there cleaning up some left over quota as I think I was the last client of the year. Last week of Oct to first week of Nov.

We started in Makuti for the first few days. Didn't think anything of the temps at all. It was pleasant. I distinctively remember Rich Tabor stating around the camp fire, we'll we've shot everything remaining here, tomorrow we'll head up to "the oven", meaning Dande. That was the last camp fire I saw on that trip. Too hot in Dande for a fire. Never touched the hot water spigot when showering. After a couple of days, we told the camp guys there was no need to fire up the hot water heaters so they could drop that from their morning duties. Yep, first day the glue holding my soles to the boots melted. I've got some video footage of the soles flapping with every step. One of the trackers stripped a couple pieces of bark from a tree and tied them back on until we could get back to Pedza where Rich had access to some glue.

Even within Dande, there are areas hotter than others. Muru camp is not bad, down along the sand river and under heavy shade. Pedza at the same time will be an oven. Matombo camp up at the river, even being up on top of the hill, will be an oven on broil.

So Cal, it really depends on where you plan to go for your October Zim hunt. For me, the upside of a late year hunt is the animals are largely concentrated around remaining water and the bush isn't thick at all. There is often left over quota available that can sometimes be had at a bit of a discount. It is dry however, resulting in some noisy stalks with all the dry leaves on the ground.

One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted Hide Post
It ain’t called “suicide month” for nothing.

Posts: 255 | Location: Huffman, TX.  | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's dry in Africa so no problem with the heat unless it gets record hot but then that does not happen every year.I was in Tete in early Nov. and it was very hot but nice in the evening and during the night.It's humid places that I would be worried about and Africa is not humid.That said if someone is out of shape, with health issues and is over weight by 70lbs then that is another story.There are old men like Saeed living in hot arabian deserts and have no issues with the heat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flipper Dude:

Africans exaggerate and although they don't have the modern luxuries that we do in the west, they are spoilt.When they say the bush is thick it is not really thick and when they say it is hot it is not really hot.When an African says it's "hot like an oven" it's not really hot.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's dry in Africa so no problem with the heat unless it gets record hot but then that does not happen every year.I was in Tete in early Nov. and it was very hot but nice in the evening and during the night.It's humid places that I would be worried about and Africa is not humid.That said if someone is out of shape, with health issues and is over weight by 70lbs then that is another story.There are old men like Saeed living in hot arabian deserts and have no issues with the heat.

I thought the Zambesi Valley was a more humid climate? No?

The hottest I’ve been is at the equator near the Tana river in Kenya. It was no hotter, temp-wise than Idaho, but the heat was a strange, prickly feeling when you were out in the sun. Almost like a physical presence. I’ve never felt that way even at 106 degrees in Idaho.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Africans exaggerate and although they don't have the modern luxuries that we do in the west, they are spoilt.When they say the bush is thick it is not really thick and when they say it is hot it is not really hot.When an African says it's "hot like an oven" it's not really hot.

Yeah and you wouldn't know what the meaning of drought is either, caused from either excessive heat and/or no rain, like when farm crops fail and the indigenous people are short on food on the one hand and animals die like flies on the other.

Posts: 1869 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:

I thought the Zambesi Valley was a more humid climate? No?

The hottest I’ve been is at the equator near the Tana river in Kenya. It was no hotter, temp-wise than Idaho, but the heat was a strange, prickly feeling when you were out in the sun. Almost like a physical presence. I’ve never felt that way even at 106 degrees in Idaho.

The Zambezi valley might be more humid than other regions nearby but a joke compared to serious humid areas in the world were there is no oxygen in the air to breath and you sweat 24hrs/day, all year long.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
quote:

Yeah and you wouldn't know what the meaning of drought is either, caused from either excessive heat and/or no rain, like when farm crops fail and the indigenous people are short on food on the one hand and animals die like flies on the other.

In really dry areas there are no animals living.If there are tons of animals in Africa it is because the conditions there are so optimum.
Those food silos that store grains are really huge and I am sure maize can conserve a long time in them and in other storage facilities.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
One more time to be clear:

Ready Aim Shoot is actually Shootaway.

Assign credibility accordingly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
The Zambezi valley might be more humid than other regions nearby but a joke compared to serious humid areas in the world were there is no oxygen in the air to breath and you sweat 24hrs/day, all year long.[/QUOTE]

What is your definition of a "serious" or high humidity level?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i did a hunt in zim in early march. going from mn to zim wasn't much fun. the heat was 1 thing but add in the bright sun. i had a suntan for a year after. took me about a week to acclimate

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Zambezi valley might be more humid than other regions nearby but a joke compared to serious humid areas in the world were there is no oxygen in the air to breath and you sweat 24hrs/day, all year long.[/QUOTE]

What is your definition of a "serious" or high humidity level?[/QUOTE]

Areas in South America and Central America.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
i did a hunt in zim in early march. going from mn to zim wasn't much fun. the heat was 1 thing but add in the bright sun. i had a suntan for a year after. took me about a week to acclimate

I did a hunt in Zim in March and thought it would be hot after reading about it here.It was slightly cool and partly cloudy.It was much less warmer and nicer than in Oct.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The Zambezi valley might be more humid than other regions nearby but a joke compared to serious humid areas in the world were there is no oxygen in the air to breath and you sweat 24hrs/day, all year long.

What is your definition of a "serious" or high humidity level?[/QUOTE]

Areas in South America and Central America.[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask you for areas .... how about quoting percentages. coffee