New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coup Attempt at DSC
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Have not gotten mine yet, and I am a Life Member!

Or it might be at my house, I am a]out of the country till next week, may be it is waiting for me then.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66755 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I received mine a few days prior to starting this thread, but had not read it yet. DSC (the real one) sent out an email even prior to warn of the upcoming mailing. The timing of the mailings has been odd.

I don’t believe a member directory has been published in at least 5 years since “Cecil the lion” and the attacks on Walter Palmer. Save DSC is actually advocating to resume publishing the directory again. Frankly, I don’t want my information out to some greenie for the cost of a 1 year membership.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
Tuesday, March 10, 2020 I picked up my mail from our postal box. And low and behold I received a packet from Save DSC, talk about a timely mailing. I opened up the packet and there were way too many pages to read in one sitting, so I have not taken the time to finish it. I guess it is too late to do anything about it now.

By the way I had already mailed my DSC reply back.

Out of idle curiosity, when was it postmarked?

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Since the attorney(s) for "Save DSC" are not the brightest bulbs on the planet, if so the attorney(s) would have known that ADA (American Disability Act) forbids printing on certain color paper. Secondly their BS By-Laws probably violates ADA laws, because their attorney(s) put 4 pages on one page for everyone to read.

And for thoses that didn't want to torture themselves to read the "Save
DSC" by-laws here are a few highlights:

1. President, President e-elect and board members will be paid!!!!!

2. President and President e-elect will serve a 3 year term. So the person that is President e-elect will serve a paid position for 6 years.

Please note that there was NO mention of how much these yahoo's would b paying themselves.... Meaning less monies for Conservation, Education and Advocacy

3. "The Club will reimburse the professional attorney time and /or accounting time that went into the drafting, preparation and the contest for these bylaw to be put in place by the The Club members."

4. Any Board Member that has served 5 years or more will have their membership revoked without cause.

5. Chapters mus pay 30%of the profits of the most profitable fundraiser and the minimum set by the policy of the Membership and Chapter Development Committee.

"They have burnt huge sums of The Club's money to protect their own self interest" I guess the Audit prove this statement by "Save DSC" group as another LIE.

Let the poop show start tonight.

Posts: 2 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 10 March 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
Tuesday, March 10, 2020 I picked up my mail from our postal box. And low and behold I received a packet from Save DSC, talk about a timely mailing. I opened up the packet and there were way too many pages to read in one sitting, so I have not taken the time to finish it. I guess it is too late to do anything about it now.

By the way I had already mailed my DSC reply back.

Out of idle curiosity, when was it postmarked?

Hi Larry, there is no post mark on the envelope.

AS PRINTED, the top right corner has:
PRSRT STD
US POSTAGE
PAID
DALLAS TX
PERMIT #3193

Return Address in left top:
SAVE DSC
P.O. Box 711
Roanoke, TX 76262

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a life member I feel slighted, I have yet to receive a mailing from these moronic cowards.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3501 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
As a life member I feel slighted, I have yet to receive a mailing from these moronic cowards.

They obviously have an appropriate mailing list targeting whom they feel would be the least informed and whom could likely join in their "cause".

Posts: 1868 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well...the annual meeting took place as scheduled, and the SaveDSC bunch was there, about 40 people looked like, the proceedings didn't go exactly as they planned. Some have said they got their ass handed to them, but I won't say that. They did get their directors, distinguished lawer and all, rejected by over 600 votes (791 to 189, I think) and their crazy ass bylaws were rejected by over 600 votes as well. They've threatened to try and have the members vote overturned in some court but we will see and will deal with that when and if it happens. I also think some will see the error of their ways pretty shortly, hopefully, they will find the need to be a member of another organization.
Thanks to all who posted in support of DSC and to those that took time to attend the meeting tonight. Dr Scott did a good job corralling this mess and I'm sure he is as glad as I am that this part is over.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carter!:
Since the attorney(s) for "Save DSC" are not the brightest bulbs on the planet, if so the attorney(s) would have known that ADA (American Disability Act) forbids printing on certain color paper. Secondly their BS By-Laws probably violates ADA laws, because their attorney(s) put 4 pages on one page for everyone to read.

And for thoses that didn't want to torture themselves to read the "Save
DSC" by-laws here are a few highlights:

1. President, President e-elect and board members will be paid!!!!!

2. President and President e-elect will serve a 3 year term. So the person that is President e-elect will serve a paid position for 6 years.

Please note that there was NO mention of how much these yahoo's would b paying themselves.... Meaning less monies for Conservation, Education and Advocacy

3. "The Club will reimburse the professional attorney time and /or accounting time that went into the drafting, preparation and the contest for these bylaw to be put in place by the The Club members."

4. Any Board Member that has served 5 years or more will have their membership revoked without cause.

5. Chapters mus pay 30%of the profits of the most profitable fundraiser and the minimum set by the policy of the Membership and Chapter Development Committee.

"They have burnt huge sums of The Club's money to protect their own self interest" I guess the Audit prove this statement by "Save DSC" group as another LIE.

Let the poop show start tonight.

Being a member of DSC, I hereby propose summarily cancelling their membership of DSC.

And as you have mentioned, here, their lawyers not being the brightest in the business, pleases inform the Texas Bar Association of his behavior.

I am more than happy to provide the IP addresses those multiple zombies were posting from using Internet IDs to hide their shameful selves!

These are the sort of people who are far worse to us than the stupid antis.

Kick the selfish, stupid, unprofessional, idiots out!

Posts: 66755 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
will find the need to be a member of another organization.

Why not -
189 members is a fair start--

Besides it would be fun to watch them scrap internally over the "bones" of a new club--

after all,
their current actions would predict such behavior

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Well...the annual meeting took place as scheduled, and the SaveDSC bunch was there, about 40 people looked like, the proceedings didn't go exactly as they planned. Some have said they got their ass handed to them, but I won't say that. They did get their directors, distinguished lawer and all, rejected by over 600 votes (791 to 189, I think) and their crazy ass bylaws were rejected by over 600 votes as well. They've threatened to try and have the members vote overturned in some court but we will see and will deal with that when and if it happens. I also think some will see the error of their ways pretty shortly, hopefully, they will find the need to be a member of another organization.
Thanks to all who posted in support of DSC and to those that took time to attend the meeting tonight. Dr Scott did a good job corralling this mess and I'm sure he is as glad as I am that this part is over.

Good Morning Karl,

That is some wonderful news.

I have only been a member for a short time (10 years) and know now hard board members work to make an organization successful and DSC is moving in a good direction from my perspective.

Being a membership driven organization, all members are important, however sometimes you need to cut out the troublemakers. We were left no other option but to do this to a few members at a gun club that I belonged too. Sometimes a suspension of membership is warranted and other times removal from the membership was necessary.

I am positive that the DSC board will make a just decision. Be assured, that you have many DSC members backing you on this forum.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some really stupid things were said in writing. That might come back to haunt someone. Time will tell.

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
The meeting was a s@&# show, but it was more entertaining than prior annual meetings. Some of the allegations were baseless and downright insulting to some. Some good suggestions were made by some of the more moderate dissenters and it sounds as though they will be taken under advisement.

It was kind of hard for them to say too much bad after successive years of positive growth, both in membership and financially. The state of the club report exhibited how DSC has made great strides to expand reach nationally and internationally.

In the end, the right side prevailed. I would hope that everyone would shake hands (salute/bow/whatever in coronavirus times) and move forward for the greater good of DSC. However, I think too many grenades were lobbed at those who give so much volunteering to keep DSC great.

Also, the pork tenderloin wasn’t too bad, but needed salt and pepper...

Marcus Cady

DRSS

posted Hide Post
DSC By-Laws passed 761 yes to 21 no’s

“Save DSC By-Laws” failed
175 yes to 789 no’s

I also want to know how many of the “Save DSC” Group has actually tried either via email, phone calls or text messaging, their suggestions, complaints etc to any board member, executive board or DSC Staff/ED in the last 5 years. You have to have actual proof because this group has already shown they skew the facts or out right printed lies. President Scott Tobermann said he had only 4 request from DSC members to sit in on a board meeting this past year. So again, if these unhappy DSC members had a current issue with DSC, Board, by laws, why didn’t you speak up sooner and save us all from wasting precious dollars that could have been spent on conservation, education and advocacy verses on attorney fees?

To try to destroy a club because you are still harvesting grudges for over 3+ years, well put on your big boys and girls pants and move on down the road. Maybe y’all can start your own club with your own by laws and run your new club like SCI

Amazing not a single one of them brought up OTF, so again I am going to say it was all about the money and grudges.

The Auditors found DSC fiscally sound, as well as NOT a single Journal Entry had to be made to correct an expense or income that was miss coded. Great Job John Eads and Tracy !!!

Great job Corey Mason and DSC Staff!!!!
In the past 3 years, since Corey Mason has been hired as ED, DSC new membership has increased by leaps and bounds. Revenue from the convention keeps increasing, while Corey and his team have found ways to cut convention expenses. It saddens me to think that “save DSC” Group wanted Corey fired if they had taken over DSC. Wow that shows me that “safe DSC” group doesn’t value great leadership

Posts: 2 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 10 March 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting point about OTF/DEF. I don’t recall even a mention of either myself. Those organizations seemed to be a major sticking point in their complaint.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow that shows me that “safe DSC” group doesn’t value great leadership

They have proven it beyond a shadow of a doubt how good they are at being a bunch of stupid, selfish idiots!

The less we hear about these clowns the better.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not a Life Member and received my "Save DSC" packet 2 days ago, if that even matters anymore.

Wouldn't have sent it in anyway.

I am glad to hear that a financial review was done. It believe it's always better to be transparent and cancel out accusations.

I am a proud member of DSC, although it's only been 2 years.

Hook em Horns

Posts: 330 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure would be fun to see a listing of recently departed AR members since this shitshow started! Cool

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Don't they line up and shoot the perpetrators of a failed coup? I mean, after a fair trial and all? Big Grin

Is that in the DSC bylaws? dancing

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13328 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Don't they line up and shoot the perpetrators of a failed coup? I mean, after a fair trial and all? Big Grin

Is that in the DSC bylaws? dancing

Not sure this is in the bylaws.

But, I am sure there is something there that says "utter, stupid, self serving idiots" are to be kicked out and banned for life! clap

What a bunch of no good SNOW FLAKES!