Find
Notify
Tools

Coup Attempt at DSC
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted
I received an email last week or so advising that unofficial ballots were being sent out. I had already sent my official ballot to DSC.

Today, I received the “unofficial” ballot, which makes some serious allegations of corruption, self dealing, and a revolving door of leadership. While not naming some of the offenders, it is obvious the identity of some. Those people, in my opinion, would never take advantage of their positions. I can’t vouch for those I can’t identify.

Basically, I have no problem with the current leadership or structure of DSC. I’m just curious if anyone else had received this?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Could it be there are some disgruntled individuals who wish to rock the boat?

Like yourself, Some of what I have heard is very hard to believe.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They started to be handed out a couple of weeks ago. Some were being distributed by hand at SCI. From what I am told, these are being distributed by a disgruntled member.

They need to be very careful. Things like this, if false, can have dire consequences. Look at the info below for example. A judgement in excess of $17 million:

https://www.imjlawfirm.com/sin...n-Verdict-1765742000

Posts: 11945 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
That is one reason that I have not publicized some disappointing outfitter actions that I considered fraudulent in the past. Sort of like buying used cars, appliances, properties, etc - you may not know what you bought until well after you have it.
Sometimes it is best to learn from experience and move on.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about this. I am not currently a DSC member, but still consider the DSC on a plane far above SCI when it comes to corruption.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is indeed a tiny, disgruntled group of dissidents that are seeking to disrupt the current success DSC has worked so tirelessly to achieve in recent years. They are trying to achieve their former positions of power through intimidation, non-truths,and thinly veiled accusations. I say this as a VERY involved Life Member of this fine organization, and my deep understanding of the hearts and motivations on both sides of this issue. Read Larry's response of warning to this group, he is reading the tea leafs with great clarity...

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it wasn't signed Adam Schiff at the bottom was it?

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
This is indeed a tiny, disgruntled group of dissidents that are seeking to disrupt the current success DSC has worked so tirelessly to achieve in recent years. They are trying to achieve their former positions of power through intimidation, non-truths,and thinly veiled accusations. I say this as a VERY involved Life Member of this fine organization, and my deep understanding of the hearts and motivations on both sides of this issue. Read Larry's response of warning to this group, he is reading the tea leafs with great clarity...

No doubt and I had heard some rumblings over the past few years and I am nowhere nearly as involved as you.

I love DSC and respect the guys at the top, even if many are the same faces. They have the drive and motivation to VOLUNTEER and bust their asses while doing so.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love DSC and respect the guys at the top, even if many are the same faces. They have the drive and motivation to VOLUNTEER and bust their asses while doing so.

May be the instigators of these rumors do not like this?

And wish to turn DSC into an SCI with all its corruptions?

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hate to see this. In my opinion DSC is very well run. Always someone who isn't happy. Either because they want to be in charge, or because their pet project isn't getting the attention they want. Usually the odd nut. Look back to the history of the NRA. I'll always continue to support DSC and the current management. They are doing a great job. Those that oppose it are simply nuts and are the enemy.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
The sad thing is, this group “Save DSC” spent a lot of money mailing out these proxies and allegations, but they used very poor grammar in the approximate 13 pages of accusations. I did not take the time to read the proposed new bylaws.

As I’ve said, DSC is doing just fine in my opinion. In fact, it only gets better.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Administrator
posted Hide Post
SAVE DSC from what?

Getting better and better?

Want to do some good, and save us from a failing organization?

Go and try saving SCI!

It will be to the benefits of real hunters, not as it is now catering for the wanabe Kardashians and their stupid circles!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've given up on SCI; used to be a member. But I continue to believe in DSC; am a life member.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Only a non-voting Associate Member, could someone PM me the 13 pages?

Posts: 751 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SCI is the perfect place for lardazzzed lawyers and Hollywood hunters.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:
Only a non-voting Associate Member, could someone PM me the 13 pages?

Me too. Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Same here, a non voting associate that
would like to see the document as well

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
I would like to see the 13 pages too.

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
SAVE DSC

A significant group of Dallas Safari Club life members, former directors, convention chairs (and with the endorsement of FIVE Past DSC presidents) have decided that the only way to get the wonderful and talented members in control, and deeply in to the operation and direction of the Club to ensure ethical, honest, legitimate and transparent governance, is with fresh leadership, innovative initiatives and by revising the structure of the club via functional by-laws.

The fresh faces and by law changes will bring the VOTE to the members. The structure would allow the MEMBERS to truly select the Officers and all of the directors. Currently the members do not get to vote for the officers. The directors are picked by a small ever constant group of people and the membership is in essence told to ratify them. This has led to significant indications of stagnation and corruption. The same few rotate over and over.
The new bylaws would open the club to vast numbers of participants via term limits and new opportunities that would not exist otherwise.

SAVE DSC presents you with just a few reasons why improvement is imperative.

I. DSC has gone without a critical audit for 38 years. The DSC treasurer, not elected by the members, is at the same time the president of the foundation that receives the vast amount of its money through DSC.
II. DSC, an International multimillion-dollar club, does not have so much as an ethics handbook much less a Comprehensive Ethics Code. One may surmise that has caused some shameful things to simply pass by.
III. It is time to have a bylaws with teeth, limitations on financial returns of board members, directors’, officers, and employees , etc., DSC desperately needs rules which prohibit officers of the DSC, DSC Foundation and the DSC Frontline foundation trading places year after year, to the near complete exclusion of members. This exists in spite of truly gross conflicts of interest.? Why would anyone not be for members voting and ethical, honest legitimate transparent government?

IV. DSC should have background checks for Board members, officers and award recipients so no one under investigation for wildlife crimes should attain status much less governance in the Club? Why be opposed to this?
V. Board Meetings be open to ALL members? Why the secret society?
VI. There should be free and fair elections with spirited debate not a presentation of three people of the controlling network.
VII. Our past president removed an ethics committee member while this past president was under investigation. Only one man stood against that. The complaint was eventually brushed away. How does one support that?
VIII. DSC should cause benefit to its members who should determine how it is operated and regarded. We should make changes that bring democracy and a representative republic. How can one be opposed to free and fair elections and in favor of some five men dictating all of the decisions.

IF YOU BELIEVE THAT ALL THESE THINGS NEED TO BE PERMANANTLY CORRECTED THEN YOU KNOW WHY THESE LIFE MEMBERS BEGAN “SAVE DSC”.

DSC has been a respected leader in the conservation world. Atrocious conduct brought on by defective bylaws not serving the members, and excessive concentration of power have corroded the reputation of DSC .

SAVE DSC will, with your help and support, be the world’s most respected member controlled and involved club on the planet but only with YOUR help and support.

The way to do that is with good honest leaders with new perspectives, a structure which has terms limits, voting rights and avenues for new people to be deeply involved in the club and not shunned in favor of a power elite.

If you have questions or wish to financially support and or help in this quest for improvement please send them to: savedallassafariclub@gmail.com

If you are a voting member of DSC you will have gotten a packet with the entirety of the new bylaws a ballot where you can vote for highly qualified members for the board of directors, instead of entrenched people who toe the line and most of all YOU NOW HAVE an opportunity to vote for bylaws that will take DSC to a very HIGH level through great ethics, honesty , legitimacy and transparency.
Please support this!

Posts: 5 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 February 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is fishy like hell.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
No one signed their name to it......lacks credibility.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 363 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TxGunny:
SAVE DSC

A significant group of Dallas Safari Club life members, former directors, convention chairs (and with the endorsement of FIVE Past DSC presidents) have decided that the only way to get the wonderful and talented members in control, and deeply in to the operation and direction of the Club to ensure ethical, honest, legitimate and transparent governance, is with fresh leadership, innovative initiatives and by revising the structure of the club via functional by-laws.

The fresh faces and by law changes will bring the VOTE to the members. The structure would allow the MEMBERS to truly select the Officers and all of the directors. Currently the members do not get to vote for the officers. The directors are picked by a small ever constant group of people and the membership is in essence told to ratify them. This has led to significant indications of stagnation and corruption. The same few rotate over and over.
The new bylaws would open the club to vast numbers of participants via term limits and new opportunities that would not exist otherwise.

I. DSC has gone without a critical audit for 38 years. The DSC treasurer, not elected by the members, is at the same time the president of the foundation that receives the vast amount of its money through DSC.
II. DSC, an International multimillion-dollar club, does not have so much as an ethics handbook much less a Comprehensive Ethics Code. One may surmise that has caused some shameful things to simply pass by.
III. It is time to have a bylaws with teeth, limitations on financial returns of board members, directors’, officers, and employees , etc., DSC desperately needs rules which prohibit officers of the DSC, DSC Foundation and the DSC Frontline foundation trading places year after year, to the near complete exclusion of members. This exists in spite of truly gross conflicts of interest.? Why would anyone not be for members voting and ethical, honest legitimate transparent government?

IV. DSC should have background checks for Board members, officers and award recipients so no one under investigation for wildlife crimes should attain status much less governance in the Club? Why be opposed to this?
V. Board Meetings be open to ALL members? Why the secret society?
VI. There should be free and fair elections with spirited debate not a presentation of three people of the controlling network.
VII. Our past president removed an ethics committee member while this past president was under investigation. Only one man stood against that. The complaint was eventually brushed away. How does one support that?
VIII. DSC should cause benefit to its members who should determine how it is operated and regarded. We should make changes that bring democracy and a representative republic. How can one be opposed to free and fair elections and in favor of some five men dictating all of the decisions.

IF YOU BELIEVE THAT ALL THESE THINGS NEED TO BE PERMANANTLY CORRECTED THEN YOU KNOW WHY THESE LIFE MEMBERS BEGAN “SAVE DSC”.

DSC has been a respected leader in the conservation world. Atrocious conduct brought on by defective bylaws not serving the members, and excessive concentration of power have corroded the reputation of DSC .

SAVE DSC will, with your help and support, be the world’s most respected member controlled and involved club on the planet but only with YOUR help and support.

The way to do that is with good honest leaders with new perspectives, a structure which has terms limits, voting rights and avenues for new people to be deeply involved in the club and not shunned in favor of a power elite.

If you have questions or wish to financially support and or help in this quest for improvement please send them to: savedallassafariclub@gmail.com

If you are a voting member of DSC you will have gotten a packet with the entirety of the new bylaws a ballot where you can vote for highly qualified members for the board of directors, instead of entrenched people who toe the line and most of all YOU NOW HAVE an opportunity to vote for bylaws that will take DSC to a very HIGH level through great ethics, honesty , legitimacy and transparency.
Please support this!

Bloody hell!

Whoever made this bullshit should be banned from any hunting organization for life!

What a load of unadulterated, stupid thing they wish to do!

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Received this today.

DSC Official Proxy Update
Members,

DSC has been made aware that additional ballot packages are being circulated among members that did not originate from the DSC Board. DSC’s official proxy and ballot package bears DSC’s logo and is approximately 7 pages in length, whereas the additional ballot package is approximately 72 pages in length and contains Director nominees and Bylaws which are not recommended by DSC’s Board.

Numerous members have contacted DSC with their concerns regarding the changes proposed in the additional 72-page ballot package. The additional ballot package proposes replacing the existing Bylaws with a set of Bylaws which are approximately 49 pages in length and are not explained with particularity. These proposed Bylaws would have radical consequences within DSC.

We recommend that you DO NOT execute the additional ballot package. In the interim, we will be reviewing the proposed changes and may have further comments later.

Sincerely,

Scott Tobermann, President

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If anyone had any doubt before that these idiots are no friends of DSC or its members.

They showing their true colors.

Crooked, sneaky and totally untrustworthy!

One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
If the above changes are correct, and I am not sure they are. I fail to see the problem with most of them. Especially the background check for wildlife crime violations. But 38 years without an audit? That can't be right.

Posts: 751 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Having been on a board of directors of a similar club for many years this discussion brings back some memories - some good, some bad.
1. Our board meetings were open to members for good reasons and when arranged in advance. For instance, a presentation by a web site designer.
The more people present, the more chit chat and the less work that gets done.
2. We always had legal and CPA representation on the board. The CPA handled the annual audits and taxes the attorneys kept us from taking illegal actions.
3. Our foundation was NEVER run by the active board chairman or board member and was separate from the club.
4. When club secretary, I maintained the club by laws and any proposed changes were thoroughly vetted before a vote. It was amazing how many college graduates had trouble with legal lingo. I always had a by laws copy at each meeting and all my recent meeting reports; these documents helped avoid some confusion.
5. Vetting of new members and especially officers and board members is critical. Failure to do this can lead to serious problems for a club.
6. There are what look to be rumors and accusations with no evidence or proof in the material accusing the present DSC management of improper actions. The accusers should prove their allegations or be kicked out of the club and possibly be sued for libel. Maybe even tar and feathers; there must be consequences.

Though not a DSC member, I have had some interaction with the club and was always impressed with how they run their annual show in Dallas.

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Speaking of background checks, how did so many Sheltons get on this forum? And I know none of the others.

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
Some of the allegations are alarming. In particularly I am concerned about the allegation of no financial audits, members holding multiple positions that could cause conflicts of interest, and unqualified relatives being appointed to positions.

If the allegations are not true I expect to see legal action. If there isn't any legal action I will start wondering about how much of it is true.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve been a board officer, including treasurer, on a few non-profits. In the non-profit realm there are three different types of financial reviews: Compilations, Reviews, and Audits. One of these must be accomplished each year. Last year I was board president of an organization that has been around for over 20 years and never conducted an audit. This is not at all unusual, but it does serve to inflame the people who do not know about non-profit financial review regulations.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
I’ve been a board officer, including treasurer, on a few non-profits. In the non-profit realm there are three different types of financial reviews: Compilations, Reviews, and Audits. One of these must be accomplished each year. Last year I was board president of an organization that has been around for over 20 years and never conducted an audit. This is not at all unusual, but it does serve to inflame the people who do not know about non-profit financial review regulations.

It may be the SOP and legal, but I think it is very shady. I think non-profits should be more transparent than corporations.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As president of a CPA firm, I can tell you that this is not at all unusual. Audits are expensive.

I am also on the board of two non-profits. One of these is doing a lot of conservation things all over the world . In certain states , in order to register in those states , an audit must be completed if the revenues reach a certain level. Not I said some as opposed to all.

Does DSC need an audit? They need one if the governing documents and/or government regulation require one.

The money DSC saved has helped conservation and hunting rather than paying someone like me.

Posts: 11945 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TxGunny:
SAVE DSC

I've thought about this post and decided to respond with the facts of the matter, first and foremost this attack is not new, it began almost two years ago and was defeated but the board lacked the resolve to revoke the miscreants at that time. That attitude has changed. Please see my responses to Txgunny's post after each of his points, which are enclosed in italics, and I want to stress that my responses are mine and mine alone and may or may not reflect the opinions of other DSC board members or employees.

"A significant group of Dallas Safari Club life members, former directors, convention chairs (and with the endorsement of FIVE Past DSC presidents) have decided that the only way to get the wonderful and talented members in control, and deeply in to the operation and direction of the Club to ensure ethical, honest, legitimate and transparent governance, is with fresh leadership, innovative initiatives and by revising the structure of the club via functional by-laws."

Here are the facts of the matter, and to those who would like to see their supposed grievances and "new" bylaws, PM me an email address and I'll send them to you, along with the facts of that matter as well. I agree with one respondant that anything accusatory that lacks a name also lacks credibility. The original poster failed to say that some of these "wonderful and talented" people are much less than that.
1. One of the Past President's was caught selling conterfiet videos at the DSC convention.
2. One of the former director's failed to pay an Alaskan outfitter (and DSC donor) for a bear hunt. The same person "borrowed" a large amount of optics and firearms (albeit Blasers) from another DSC exhibitor and donor to impress potential clients and failed to return the equipment or cash to the supplier.
3.One of the Convention Chairs and former director received a rifle from another hunting organization (a perk for DSC sponsoring a table) that rightfully belonged to DSC and later "donated" the rifle as a convention donation so he and his wife would get credit in the auction catalog.
Wonderful and talented, yep.

"The fresh faces and by law changes will bring the VOTE to the members. The structure would allow the MEMBERS to truly select the Officers and all of the directors. Currently the members do not get to vote for the officers. The directors are picked by a small ever constant group of people and the membership is in essence told to ratify them. This has led to significant indications of stagnation and corruption. The same few rotate over and over.
The new bylaws would open the club to vast numbers of participants via term limits and new opportunities that would not exist otherwise."

1. Their "bylaws" will increase basic membership fees from $75.00 to $175.00, Student or Youth membership will increse from $25.00 to $125.00, Life Membership will have 3 levels, what currently costs $1500.00 will cost $2500.00 for a Life Member "C" membership, Life Member "B" costs an additional $1500.00 and Life Member "A" will cost an additional $2500.00 for a total of $6500.00 to be a Life Member "A". I don't see any additional benefits in their bylaws that are not now available to all Life Members.
In their list of grievances they decry the fact that the current DSC policy (as set forth in bylaws) presents a slate of 3 directors to the membership for approval, with spaces for members to write in names, their very own ballot does exactly the same, sort of hypocritical to me.

"I. DSC has gone without a critical audit for 38 years. The DSC treasurer, not elected by the members, is at the same time the president of the foundation that receives the vast amount of its money through DSC."

DSC has been undergoing a comprehensive review for several months, this group was notified of this action months ago, the report is supposed to be complete next week and I believe there will be a report to members at our annual meeting next month.

"II. DSC, an International multimillion-dollar club, does not have so much as an ethics handbook much less a Comprehensive Ethics Code. One may surmise that has caused some shameful things to simply pass by."

Article 6 of the current DSC bylaws is the section regarding ethics, and each board member receives an orientation packet outlining ethical and fiduciary duties and responsibilities. Each member signs an acknowledgement page.

"III. It is time to have a bylaws with teeth, limitations on financial returns of board members, directors’, officers, and employees , etc., DSC desperately needs rules which prohibit officers of the DSC, DSC Foundation and the DSC Frontline foundation trading places year after year, to the near complete exclusion of members. This exists in spite of truly gross conflicts of interest.? Why would anyone not be for members voting and ethical, honest legitimate transparent government?"

The current DSC bylaws have term limits in place for directors and some officers, I'm not sure what "gross conflicts of interest" Txgunny is referring to, maybe he will respond with his concerns.

"IV. DSC should have background checks for Board members, officers and award recipients so no one under investigation for wildlife crimes should attain status much less governance in the Club? Why be opposed to this?"

DSC is not opposed to background checks, all officers and directors must submit a multi question questionaire prior to board service, one question specifically asks about game law violations. Award recipients are not required to complete a questionaire.

"V. Board Meetings be open to ALL members? Why the secret society?"

Board meetings are currently not open to the general membership, but any member is entitled to request attendance, such visitation is at the discretion of the President and has happened three times in the past 10 months.. The reason for this policy is to be able to conduct club business in a timely manner and the presence of a possibly hostile visitor tends to intimidate some board members. I allowed many visitors to board meetings, most of the time the visitors were openly hostile, not conducive to getting things accomplished.

"VI. There should be free and fair elections with spirited debate not a presentation of three people of the controlling network."

As I mentioned earlier, this "Save DSC" group is proposing the exact same thing and he doesn't say how big the group was that picked their slate of three.

"VII. Our past president removed an ethics committee member while this past president was under investigation. Only one man stood against that. The complaint was eventually brushed away. How does one support that?"

I am the past president referred to in this point, the gentleman (term used loosely) was not on the ethics committee during my term, the bylaws require the new President to form an ethics committee and have that committee approved by the board. This had not been done at the time I informed the person in question that he would not be on any committee. The person in question is a member of this renegade group and was discussing their takeover plans right in front of me, hence the discussion about serving on a committee.

"VIII. DSC should cause benefit to its members who should determine how it is operated and regarded. We should make changes that bring democracy and a representative republic. How can one be opposed to free and fair elections and in favor of some five men dictating all of the decisions.

Please support this!

I believe I have responded to all of Txgunny's points but I'd like to add a couple of things he failed to mention...like their bylaws require the club, DSC, to "reimburse the professional attorney timeand/or accounting time that went into the drafting, preparation and the contest for these bylaws to be put put in place by the club members" (who happens to be a founding member of this group), I'm not the brightest bulb in the box but this is a play to get at DSC's money. Several other such things in their bylaws, too. One thing that stands out to me is the likelyhood of a change of executive directors in a very short time.

Sorry for the long post and if you want to see what they have sent to untold numbers of members, PM me an email and I will send it to you. Please note that if I send it to you the extremely tiny text in the bylaw portion is their doing not mine. And i don't think they used a tiny text by accident.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The term "Critical Audit" seems to imply no audit when, in fact, an audit may have been performed within 38 years just not this authors (whomever he or she may be) "Critical Audit". Semantics are the games our current Democrats/animal rights and other disreputable people use to obfuscate and mislead.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
The term "Critical Audit" seems to imply no audit when, in fact, an audit may have been performed within 38 years just not this authors (whomever he or she may be) "Critical Audit". Semantics are the games our current Democrats/animal rights and other disreputable people use to obfuscate and mislead.

Exactly

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is crap....
DSC is fine and run well.
What is ther3 to save?

Posts: 10135 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:

I may be guilty of lacking reading comprehension because I originally thought that meant no audit. I am on the board of a small non-profit and we do not have an external audit. We do have an annual internal audit. The audit committee (by our by-laws) consists of the treasurer and at least two members who are not on the board.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Whoever these are, if they were honest and straight forward, they should have put their names on the ballots, got involved and made the changes they wanted, with the approval of the members.

I think there is something very fishy the way they are going about it.

Could it be that they wanted something, undesirable, to be done, and those in charge had refused it?

Hence they are taking a totally fishy way of trying to get back at them??

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I’m almost thankful, as these documents helped get my fire going.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
I’m almost thankful, as these documents helped get my fire going.

Marcus, based on the emails and calls I’ve received, you are not alone.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
Are the people behind this coup linked to SCI?

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote