THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    HERE WE GO AGAIN: Horrifying photo, couple kissing over dead lion

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HERE WE GO AGAIN: Horrifying photo, couple kissing over dead lion
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/...le-kiss-corpse-lion/

Link has photo and article.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9357 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Yes.

The bloody Brits tabloids are bonkers over it.

A country that ruled the world has been turned subservient to the greenie freaks!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66880 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be careful what you ask for.

And some people wonder why the anti-hunting freaks are leaving scratch marks on the wall?

Damn, a carcass (animal) is referred to as a corpse (human) - just goes to prove how their sick minds work.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Have you ever wondered who these people are that get so offended by hunting?

A hidden people finally find their voice. A voice that has no penalty attached to it because they have nothing to lose. They hide behind an internet wall and get their own version of cyber-bullying going.

I question how many of them are actually old enough to drive...or have a car...or have a useful, productive life.

Regardless, they happily pursue some "issue" deemed socially acceptable to villainize others while hiding completely from the real harm of their actions.

To the hunters...why even bother posting it to social media? There's zero benefit...all you are doing is inviting the hate and fueling the idiocracy and no way to have a truly productive conversation about the benefits of Hunting.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2311 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with the pic.
But for Christ sakes, I sure would not post it on social media, etc.
Fidiots.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2631 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
To the hunters...why even bother posting it to social media? There's zero benefit...all you are doing is inviting the hate and fueling the idiocy and no way to have a truly productive conversation about the benefits of Hunting.

Now that's a tough one .... a really tough one to answer in a logical manner.

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
That's not hunting, that's just being fucking idiots, passionate maybe, conservationists, fuck off.
Some people are just so fucking full of their own self importance and status and just can't see the damage they do when posting that sort of crap on social media.

Posts: 3839 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
That's not hunting, that's just being fucking idiots, passionate maybe, conservationists, fuck off.
Some people are just so fucking full of their own self importance and status and just can't see the damage they do when posting that sort of crap on social media.

Totally agree with you!

That photo has no place in hunting.

Especially in today’s climate.

Posts: 66880 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/a...-dead-lion-1.4510177

LINK HAS NEWS VIDEO.

'A trophy hunter keeps a souvenir': Reserve owner defends couple's posing with dead lion
Local couple in lion-killing controversy

Jeremiah Rodriguez, CTVNews.ca Writer

@jererodriguezzz

Published Tuesday, July 16, 2019 11:59AM EDT

The owner of the reserve where an Alberta couple posed with a dead lion defended trophy hunting saying people’s outrage wasn’t justified and that it was a sign of “the times we’re living in.”

Reinier Linde runs Legalela Safaris, a trophy-hunting company in South Africa which offers people to chance to shoot and kill a wide collection of animals including rhinos, buffalos, crocodiles and lions.

In South Africa, Zimbabwe and Namibia, the practice of trophy hunting is legal. Since the couple and Legalela Safaris each posted the photo on Facebook, they each have received international backlash and even death threats.

The owner of the reserve where a Canadian couple posed with a dead lion claimed that, because all of the meat from the animal was utilized, ‘trophy hunting is exactly the same as meat hunting.’ (Legelela Safaris/Facebook)

In a phone interview, Linde defended the practice of trophy hunting, telling CTVNews.ca that after an animal is killed “everything is used.” Therefore, he said, “trophy hunting is exactly the same as meat hunting. There’s no difference. The only difference is the trophy hunter keeps a souvenir.”

“People do not have a problem with going into a restaurant and having chicken, beef, burger or steak but they have a problem with somebody hunting?” he said, adding meat-eaters who criticized trophy hunting were hypocrites.

“It’s no different in (the) meat -- between dinner and a trophy,” he said. “Animals that bleed in a restaurant (have) exactly the same blood that’s in the animals that we hunt.”

HOW AN ALTA. COUPLE’S PHOTO WENT VIRAL

The U.K. tabloid The Daily Mail first reported on the couple in the photo and identified them as Darren and Carolyn Carter of Spruce Grove, Alta. The photo went viral after it was republished by the tabloid Daily Mirror, as part of their call to ban trophy hunting worldwide.

The photo was posted both on the couple’s Facebook page before it was removed. The Carters run Solitude Taxidermy, according to a website which was no longer online at the time of writing. The site had the slogan "bring your trophy back to life” and a brief description of the couple as “passionate conservationists and hunters.”

Karin Nelson from the group Voice for Animals, a non-profit advocacy organization dedicated to protecting animals, called out the couple’s professed conservationist beliefs.

"You can't be conserving animals while killing them," Nelson told CTV News Edmonton, saying they showed a lack of compassion. "It just does not make sense."

CTVNews.ca hasn’t independently verified when the photo was taken, but last month, Solitude Taxidermy’s Twitter account tweeted that the couple was on safari in South Africa.

The most widely-shared photo of the couple only showed them posing with one lion, but the Twitter account Xpose Trophy Hunting circulated a set of three photos which appeared to show the same couple posing in front of three different lions.

The couple did not respond to CTVNews.ca’s repeated requests for comment.

A scan of the Carters’ remaining Facebook posts -- before they too were removed -- were filled with negative comments, criticisms and even death threats.

THE COUPLE AND OTHER HUNTERS RECEIVED DEATH DEATHS

The infamous photo had also been posted on Legalela Safaris’s Facebook page, but Linde said he had to take down the whole page after people in his pictures were bombarded with death threats.

“Why should I subject any of our hunters to people (whose) only way they can communicate is by swearing, cursing and wishing harm to their families,” he said. Linde claimed he’d never seen a hunter “wishing any harm on an anti-hunter.”

Despite her own outrage, Nelson also didn’t condone online bullying saying, "as angry as people can be, it's counterproductive to be threatening and violent.”

People being upset with trophy hunting is nothing new. The 2015 killing of Cecil the lion by a Minnesota dentist similarly sparked widespread outrage and backlash. And last month, a woman was widely criticized online for posing with a dead giraffe during a hunting trip.

In Canada, British Columbia ended its grizzly bear hunt in December 2017.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9357 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to add an additional layer, but from what I've seen, it looks like the hunt may have been canned. The cat certainly looks it. And I heard there was a photo with a second cat. Not testifying, this is all hearsay.

Posts: 9980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Not to add an additional layer, but from what I've seen, it looks like the hunt may have been canned. The cat certainly looks it. And I heard there was a photo with a second cat. Not testifying, this is all hearsay.

It makes no difference.

Some here are calling for “canned” hunts to be banned too.

Forgetting that practically all hunting in South Africa, and many places in the world, IS canned!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't get it.
one of them shot an animal they paid for and they kissed.
they may have paid for more than one, and shot them/it too.
big deal.

seems to me like we have like 6 different places on this site dedicated to nothing more/less than doing just that.

maybe Bill didn't kiss his buddy Bob after shooting his zebra or pig or whatever,, but had Bill's wife been there??
I'm sure he may have kissed her at sometime during their stay at the deer lodge [ain't gonna happen with my wife,, but, you know?,, whatever]
I see the dude on the hunting shows get a kiss from his wife when he gets back to the farm house with HIS white tail [insert stupid name here] that he has 400 trail cam pictures of, and spent 600$ on deer bait [err nutrient supplement] that whirrs out of the machine every afternoon to get it to walk in front of his deer stand. [at 5:45 pm CST]

so what's the difference.

Posts: 4965 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Lamar,
That is far too much common sense to interject here! shame

While I personally would not “hunt” a canned lion and can’t follow the reasoning of why someone would want to...”the pic” is not in bad taste in my opinion. And, I fail to see the difference between a lion and a steer...as far as raising them and killing them for human use.

As Lamar points out...the antis are winning...even here.

I say this all the while knowing social media and game pics on it are ringing the death knell for African hunting.

No easy answers....... Frowner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36460 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Of course Mike...you know the ‘real’ answer to that. stir

Plenty of AR pics show up in anti-campaigns. I showed that years ago in a thread I pinned to the top in the Lion Conversation forum.

We as Hunters need a site that is private and not viewable without membership.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36460 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We as Hunters need a site that is private and not viewable without membership.

Work your magic Saeed.

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
tu2 I'm all for a private page/site; that would be a start, but it wouldn't be difficult to pose as a hunter to get access. I belong to a site that you must be invited by your peers to join. You invite those who are hunters/friends. I haven't seen any anti-BS to date. LDK

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
To the hunters...why even bother posting it to social media? There's zero benefit...all you are doing is inviting the hate and fueling the idiocy and no way to have a truly productive conversation about the benefits of Hunting.

Now that's a tough one .... a really tough one to answer in a logical manner.

Not all that tough. I don't post anything on those sites. Logic dictates that you don't put things like this out there where people who love to criticize nearly everything will see them.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ask myself especially after a certain age and after doing several hunts, do I really need to take a trophy pic of myself with the animal? Taking a picture of the animal itself and other things should be good enough.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm all for a private page/site; that would be a start, but it wouldn't be difficult to pose as a hunter to get access. I belong to a site that you must be invited by your peers to join.

Exactly, like the Dallas Safari Club, must have another member sponsor you.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is just my opinion.

why do we need to hide?
in this day and age yelling and being 'in your face' about stuff is the only way to get positive attention.
it could be bass fishing, snow boarding, rock falling, or anything else.
if it's loud and in your face it seems to be popular.

hiding from the same people we laugh at just to avoid a little conflict seems like the fight has already been lost.

tough crap that the lion king got shot, the little pig and his buddy are next.
it's not illegal, and until it is it should just be a part of life just like that stupid song says.

Posts: 4965 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by df06:
I have no problem with the pic.
But for Christ sakes, I sure would not post it on social media, etc.
Fidiots.

I have no problem with the picture or posting it.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4718 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I think it would have been more interesting if the couple were having sex

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9855 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote: