Notify
Tools

Ranch Buffalo - Wanna hunt one?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story...son-2022/7764955001/

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
To each his own and a multitude of hunters would never experience Africa were it not for the fenced ranches, which btw may be huge in size or very small indeed..the subject is not black and white, mostly to those that have not been there and figured it out...A fenced 5000 acres is damn sporting and not much different than a commished Tanzania hunt, we live in a world of boundaries, and they may be fenced or may not be, but have equal opportunity and a leget hunt..

Even in the USA most hunting is fenced or have boundries..There is USFS and open opertunity to hunt on ones own and in some cases large amounts of land and shoulder to shoulder hunting to ruin the experince adn there are ranches of private land that are as large as 100,000 acres or twice or three times that big, and you are alone and happy and just spent$5000 to as much as $50,000 or more for a deer or elk.

I would suggest that you decide what you can afford and the size of the land mass available, the opportunity is there.

Id be slow to criticize, it's just a liberal mind set, and yes all that glitters is not gold, check them out..be resonsible for yourself.

I wish it was a perfect world and all hunters had the opportunities that I have had, but it boils down to financial ability, like most everything else..Cut through the emotions and deal with facts.

I agree Ray. However, I have seen some videos of hard hunting and quite a few charges from RSA and really it depends on location. There are a few venues up against the Kruger and Limpopo that although partially fenced can still offer fine hunting.

However, there are many dubious individuals that offer a much lesser experience, and they negatively impact on the renowned South African operators.

There is some fine hunting to be had out there but you have got to do your homework. But as Saeed indicated there is something special about hunting game in a wild environment where there are no boundaries.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
But as Saeed indicated there is something special about hunting game in a wild environment where there are no boundaries.

Just 2 words which make all the difference: "Born Free"

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Basically, one HUNTS animals in the wild.

And one SHOOTS animals on farms.

There is really no other way to describe it.

It has nothing to do with how dangerous or difficult it is.

That's not correct. If you would have stated that it was your oponion......maybe.....bit it would still be a very narrow opinion.....

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just my 2 cents worth but i think Ray said it best !ANY HUNT or 'SHOOT' in SouthAfrica is better than not going.

Posts: 352 | Location: pueblo, Co. USA | Registered: 01 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigluke:
just my 2 cents worth but i think Ray said it best !ANY HUNT or 'SHOOT' in SouthAfrica is better than not going.

I agree 100%. I really do not care what one thinks or calls a hunt. I hunt as I care to do and certainly do not care what others think. Likewise, I hope everyone on this forum has a chance to experience Africa, fenced or not fenced.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigluke:

Exactly.

I have had to trips to South Africa, and enjoyed both very much.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bigluke:

Exactly.

I have had to trips to South Africa, and enjoyed both very much.[/QUOTE

We’re those high fenced hunted hunts? Where and how big were the areas?

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588
www.karoowildsafaris.co.za

Posts: 382 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Victor Watson:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bigluke:

Exactly.

I have had to trips to South Africa, and enjoyed both very much.[/QUOTE

We’re those high fenced hunted hunts? Where and how big were the areas?

Some were small high fence where lions are bred.

Some had fences but I have no idea how big.

Besides the point for me.

A farm hunt is different to a wild hunt.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
You’re saying now a farm hunt is different to a wild hunt…but a few posts ago you’re were saying it wasn’t hunting but shooting. For a guy who’s obviously only hunted around JoBurg, or within hours from it, you make some fairly wild assumptions about South Africa, everything about it in fact.

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588
www.karoowildsafaris.co.za

Posts: 382 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote