Find
Notify
Tools

Travel to S.Africa banned.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Well I guess that one should not be surprised by what Biden is proposing.

Our trip from last year that was rolled over to this year has been canceled.

I was just talking to the wife about what our options for travel are.

The new travel restrictions will put a hurt on airlines and travel routes. It will make it difficult to do international travel.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Permanent U.S. residents and family members and some other non-U.S. citizens are permitted to return to the United States under the order." quoted from article, I read it as if you are from SA you can't enter the US?

Posts: 1013 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gale Johnson:
"Permanent U.S. residents and family members and some other non-U.S. citizens are permitted to return to the United States under the order." quoted from article, I read it as if you are from SA you can't enter the US?

Just making sure us residents (us citizens and resident Aliens) can come back home. Unlike Australia who has left 40k citizens stranded around the world the US will take its citizens back home.

2q 2021 on may be okay for travel in the us. But till there is global vaccination 2021 might be a tough year to hunt in Africa.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok! I'm stupid. Where does it say in the article that travel TO RSA is banned for US citizens?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok! I'm stupid. Where does it say in the article that travel TO RSA is banned for US citizens?

I believe the vast majority of hunters going to SA have plans on returning to the USA, therein lies the problem as I see it. Be very interesting to see how the new restrictions pertain to being “in transit” thru SA.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I kind of get it, with the new mutant variety now in RSA.

But, seriously, this has to end.

It's more contagious, not more fatal.

I think if the vaccine is proven to work against it, it will help.

But there are no sure bets now that Basement Joe Biden is in charge.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13387 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I just hope they get this shit straightened out before I transit through in September.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank that wonderful new piece of hyena scat for this....

He is beyond dumb and worthless.

Posts: 265 | Location: Hammertown, USA | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I honestly believe this has been blown totally out of proportions.

We had quarantine at the beginning, when daily infections reached about 500 per day.

Then they opened up, allowing 50% of employees to be occupied, while 50% worked from home.

Then gradually they have opened up.

We now have an infection rate of 3500-4000 per day.

No lock up.

We lead normal lives.

I have several friends, and relatives, who have tested positive.

Non have suffered any serious injury.

Many complained when they were required to stay home for 10 days,

One who is diabetic, and requires insulin injections, had a fever and his doctor sent him a nurse, home, to give him a drip.

He called yesterday, celebrating his "release" from home quarantine.

Saying he was counting the days to be able to get out.

He is an outdoor person.

I am going to see him this afternoon in the desert to celebrate.

Throughout all this pandemic, citizens were free to come home from any part of the world they were in, provided they could get transport.

Foreigners who had jobs here were also allowed to come, anytime.

I cannot understand what countries like Australia is doing!

I suppose living upside down does have some effects on your brains! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:

I believe the vast majority of hunters going to SA have plans on returning to the USA, therein lies the problem as I see it. Be very interesting to see how the new restrictions pertain to being “in transit” thru SA.

If the hunters are US citizens or permanent residents no problem on being able to return.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
quote:
quote:

If the hunters are US citizens or permanent residents no problem on being able to return.

Correct.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes! That's how I read it. If there are flights US citizens can go to RSA and return to the US as long as they have a negative Covid test before returning.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will having proof of vaccination replace a negative Covid test

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My reading comprehension must suck, because travel to South Africa being banned is not at all what I took away from that article.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I honestly believe this has been blown totally out of proportions.

We had quarantine at the beginning, when daily infections reached about 500 per day.

Then they opened up, allowing 50% of employees to be occupied, while 50% worked from home.

Then gradually they have opened up.

We now have an infection rate of 3500-4000 per day.

No lock up.

We lead normal lives.

I have several friends, and relatives, who have tested positive.

Non have suffered any serious injury.

Many complained when they were required to stay home for 10 days,

One who is diabetic, and requires insulin injections, had a fever and his doctor sent him a nurse, home, to give him a drip.

He called yesterday, celebrating his "release" from home quarantine.

Saying he was counting the days to be able to get out.

He is an outdoor person.

I am going to see him this afternoon in the desert to celebrate.

Throughout all this pandemic, citizens were free to come home from any part of the world they were in, provided they could get transport.

Foreigners who had jobs here were also allowed to come, anytime.

I cannot understand what countries like Australia is doing!

I suppose living upside down does have some effects on your brains! rotflmo

Saeed,
You are 100% correct. Been saying the above from the beginning. All we did is ruin the world’s economy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Unfortunately not, I was hopeful it would provide and exemption, maybe as the vaccine is more widely distributed.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Sorry boys and girls, but things are not too to improve in the short term. We all have to deal with it as it unfolds.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1810 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the explanation. Certainly not banned from travelling to South Africa.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/bri...coronavirus-disease/

"Section 1. Suspension and Limitation on Entry. (a) The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of noncitizens who were physically present within the Schengen Area, the United Kingdom (excluding overseas territories outside of Europe), the Republic of Ireland, and the Federative Republic of Brazil during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States, is hereby suspended and limited subject to section 2 of this proclamation.
(b) The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of noncitizens who were physically present within the Republic of South Africa during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States, is hereby suspended and limited subject to section 2 of this proclamation.
Sec. 2. Scope of Suspension and Limitation on Entry.

(a) Section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:

(i) any lawful permanent resident of the United States ;..........

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Unfortunately not, I was hopeful it would provide and exemption, maybe as the vaccine is more widely distributed.

Doubtful!! They have already started the narrative that getting vaccinated does not guarantee you can't carry or spread the virus. They have no plans to release their grip of control they now enjoy.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

Make it your opinion this is petty nonsense
all you wish.

Our county has about 166,000 pop, town about
115,000. Just in Nov alone there were 308 Deaths
here! Quite a few have been friends.

It's enough to get any sane person's attention.
(take that as you wish)

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
Saeed:

Make it your opinion this is petty nonsense
all you wish.

Our county has about 166,000 pop, town about
115,000. Just in Nov alone there were 308 Deaths
here! Quite a few have been friends.

It's enough to get any sane person's attention.
(take that as you wish)

George

What I think is nonsense is the behavior of so many people in the West.

Regardless of what I think, I followed normal precautions.

Avoided crowded places.

Wore a mask when outside.

From the looks of it, some people in America made it their life long purpose to get infected, and pass it on to others.

Trump right from the beginning said this was nothing.

People with health problems thought they were immune to it.

Selfishness has brought this level.

A little bit of common sense and America would not be in the position it is in right now.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
A wave of Corona hit us outside of Lusaka. All connect to Christmas parties. I do not know what strain it was but suspect the South African variety.

The symptoms were backache, some fever and fatigue. 50% and especially children had no or very few symptoms although tested positive.

Our community is made up of active outdoor types but that does not explain the mild symptoms? Maybe the medicines/vaccines we have for malaria, polio, yellow fever etc have given us some sort of immunity?

So far none of us know anyone who has been hospitalized.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A little bit of common sense and America would not be in the position it is in right now.

There is a dire shortage of common sense in the US and we keep seeing evidence of this.

Just the other day I came across the following article:

"Oklahoma State Rep. Justin Humphrey filed a bill today to establish a Bigfoot Hunting season, complete with licensing and hunting fees.
Humphrey represents the Antlers/Hugo area."

Are we serious or is it an early April Fools joke?

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Maybe the medicines/vaccines we have for malaria, polio, yellow fever etc have given us some sort of immunity?

So far none of us know anyone who has been hospitalized.

I speak under correction, but as far as I know, the Yellow Fever vaccine contains Ivermectin, which could support your hypothesis on a reason for a lack of severe cases.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
To go along with what Marius, Andrew (fairgame), Karl, Mark, concerning travel to South Africa.

Here is a better explanation that I received a few minutes ago in an e mail concerning travel to South Africa. Some good points.

What you need to know about travel to and from South Africa.

1. From 26 January 2021, South African Citizens are now not allowed to travel to the USA because of new Covid 19 regulations put in place by President Biden. However, USA citizens are still allowed to travel to South Africa and return to USA.

2. The protocol for travel from the USA to SA and back:

· Travellers need to present a negative Covid test to the airlines before travel. The Covid test should not be older than 72 hours of date and time of travel.
· On returning all travellers must present a negative Covid test to the airline no older than 72 hours of date and time of travel, to be allowed travel on flight scheduled for the USA.
· Quarantine: In some cases, travellers might need to self quarantine at home. This is not currently required but might be regulated by some States.

COVID-19 Testing Required for U.S. Entry

Effective January 26, the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers entering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken within three calendar days of departure or proof of recovery from the virus within the last 90 days​. Airlines must confirm the negative test result or proof of recovery for all passengers two years of age and over prior to boarding. ​Airlines must deny boarding of passengers who do not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery.

Please see CDC’s FAQ for answers to questions about the new requirement for proof of negative COVID-19 test or recovery from COVID-19 for all air passengers arriving in the United States.
“Quoted from the US Department of State – Bureau of Consular affairs.”

What about the SA Covid-19 variant?

The SA Covid -19 strain is said to be 50% more contagious, but not more deadly than the original strain.

WASHINGTON - US biotechnology firm Moderna on Monday said lab studies showed its COVID-19 vaccine would remain protective against variants of the coronavirus first identified in the United Kingdom and South Africa.

But out of caution, the company will test adding a second booster of its vaccine - to make three shots in total - and has begun preclinical studies on a booster specifically for the 501Y.V2 variant.

Covid-19 infections in South Africa

As of 26 January 2021, South Africa is on the recovery path after their second wave of infections. They are showing a downward curve of Covid-19 infections. All of their schools are to reopen in the 2nd week of February 2021.

South Africa will start with their vaccination program on 1 February 2021 and the government aims to do 10 million vaccinations within the 1st month. As South Africa has 60 million residents, their government aims to have the majority of the population vaccinated by the end of June 2021.

Covid-19 protocol when travelling to South Africa.

· All travellers on airlines will have to wear a face mask for the duration of the flight.
· You will be met by one of the outfitter's or guset house's representatives on arrival at the airport and transferred to the guest house or the lodge.
· All travellers entering into South Africa need to present a negative Covid-19 test, no older than 72 hours of date and time of travel, to the airline. No passengers will be allowed to travel without the Covid-19 negative test certificate.
· On return travel from South Africa to the USA, passengers will be required to produce a negative Covid-19 test certificate to the airlines.

MY TAKE ON THIS (from the sender of the e mail)

The elephant in the room for US travelers is the possible quarantine issue. Mayor Pete has been put in charge of the Dept. of Transportation in the US. Enforcement of a quarantine will be difficult at best and may well be left up to the states to enforce if they decide to do so. Obviously, whether you live in California or Texas may have a lot to do with any enforcement issues. If the situation worsens in either the US or South Africa, an outright travel ban both ways is a possibility.

But currently, it looks as if travel to South Africa for US citizens is a go!

For those of you booking your flights, I recommend using a travel agent. Be sure you understand what the airlines rescheduling policy is in the event you must change your flights or hunt dates. If there ever was a time to use the services of a travel agent, this is it!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote