THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Biden’s pick for Int. Secretary, has a track record of fierce advocacy for animals
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden’s pick for Int. Secretary, has a track record of fierce advocacy for animals
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://blog.humanesociety.org...acy-for-animals.html

Deb Haaland, President Biden’s pick for Interior Secretary, has a track record of fierce advocacy for animals

By Kitty Block and Sara Amundson
February 23, 2021

Rep. Deb Haaland, President Biden’s nominee to lead the Department of the Interior, has a proven track record of working on the side of animals. Humane Society Legislative Fund endorsed her history-making run for the U.S. House in 2018, and she has since worked swiftly to not only move the ball forward for several key animal protection issues but also to oppose some of the worst decisions made by the Department of the Interior under President Trump. Her advocacy for animals earned her a perfect score of 100 on HSLF’s 2020 Humane Scorecard.

As her Senate confirmation process begins today, we look forward to a return to U.S. Interior policy that protects our most vulnerable wildlife, both here in the United States and around the world.

Under Haaland’s predecessors—Ryan Zinke and then David Bernhardt—the Department of the Interior, in many instances, set the clock back on progress made for wildlife, especially imperiled species, although they did attempt to tackle the challenges of managing wild horses and burros on federal lands. Both Zinke and Bernhardt showed a distinct preference for playing into the hands of trophy hunting interests and some of their worst decisions included dangerous changes to dismantle the Endangered Species Act, stripping ESA protections for wolves, and reinstating cruel hunting practices on national preserves in Alaska.

In contrast, Rep. Haaland has spent her last two years, as chair of the House Natural Resources Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands, striving to protect wildlife by pushing for an increase in the use of fertility control to manage wild horses and burros, pushing to create a transparent and science-based permit system for the import of trophies of imperiled animal species, and ensuring that protections for species on the brink of extinction are restored.

Rep. Haaland was a cosponsor of a House bill that would have stopped some of the most dangerous changes to the ESA from taking effect. She signed on to a letter opposing the delisting of gray wolves. And she cosponsored a bill, Conserving Ecosystems by Ceasing the Importation of Large Animal Trophies (CECIL) Act, which would have amended the Endangered Species Act to prohibit import and export of any species listed or proposed to be listed as a threated or endangered species.

Among her many achievements for animals, she has:

Led the Tribal Heritage and Grizzly Bear Protection Act with Representative Grijalva.
Cosponsored the Extinction Prevention Act of 2019 to provide financial assistance for the conservation of key endangered species.
Signed member letters to House appropriations leadership requesting increased funding for ESA implementation in FY20 and FY21.
Cosponsored the Preventing Future Pandemics Act which would, in part, end commercial wildlife markets and mobilize 50 new United States Fish and Wildlife Service attaches to combat wildlife trafficking.
Signed a letter opposing opening up Alaska’s Kenai Wildlife Refuge to additional extreme hunting practices.
Cosponsored legislation that would prohibit oil and gas activities within one mile of polar bear habitat on the coastal plain of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
Cosponsored the Migratory Bird Protection Act that reaffirms longstanding federal protections for migratory birds.
Introduced legislation that would have reversed the Trump administration’s actions to shrink and eliminate some National Marine Monuments.
Advocated for wild horses and burros and opposed surgical sterilization—a point of view we agree with. She also supported an amendment in the House appropriations omnibus bill that would have required the Bureau of Land Management to spend $13 million on PZP fertility control treatments for wild horses and burros.
In coming weeks and months, we hope to work with her in her new role to realign the agency’s management regime for wild horses and burros to create a humane, long term, sustainable program that halts and abandons any attempts to use surgical sterilization on mares and instead focuses the agency’s resources on using all proven safe and humane fertility control vaccines to manage these animals.

We also look forward to working together to ensure that ESA protections are restored to wolves, dangerous changes to the ESA are reversed, and the import of trophies of listed species like African elephants, lions and leopards, all currently threatened with extinction, is halted.

Rep. Haaland promises to be a formidable force for the planet and the animals. She was one of the two first female Native Americans to be elected to Congress and she is once again on the verge of making history as the first Native American to head the Department of the Interior, which is also home to the Bureau of Indian Affairs that has responsibility for the management of more than 50,000,000 acres of land held by the U.S. government in trust for federally recognized tribes, and the animals on those lands.

In a tweet soon after her nomination she wrote, “Growing up in my mother’s Pueblo household made me fierce. I’ll be fierce for all of us, our planet, and all of our protected land. I am honored and ready to serve.”

We wish her all the best, and we call on the Senate to confirm her swiftly so she can begin this important work.

Sara Amundson is president of the Humane Society Legislative Fund.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Bad horizons are in our future in America as hunters.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Huh. They could have really shortened the article up and just said:

She's a leftist idiot who feels that wildlife should be managed using the 'All Heart No Brain' problem solving method, which is common to all leftist idiots.

Posts: 429 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Anyone surprised? So far President Biden has continued to tack left with his executive actions as well as his nominations. So much for "unifying" the country. But, hey he won...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7509 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know! With Covid and this new administration I'm about ready to open a vein.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
It certainly should be no surprise. And Trump...due to his daughter-in-law Lara’s influence wasn’t huge help on this matter either. But he was still better than what we will see from Biden.

It is my guess that we will never see another hunting friendly POTUS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Maybe we should flood social media with hunting pictures? That will show em' Roll Eyes

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3342 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
She's a hunter's worst nightmare for sure.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
Maybe we should flood social media with hunting pictures? That will show em' Roll Eyes

Maybe we actually should Steve

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Anyone surprised? So far President Biden has continued to tack left with his executive actions as well as his nominations. So much for "unifying" the country. But, hey he won...

110% how anyone who loves to hunt could vote for this clown is beyond me...

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It amazed me how any hunter or gun owner could have possibly voted for Biden, but I actually know several who did.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 260 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:
It amazed me how any hunter or gun owner could have possibly voted for Biden, but I actually know several who did.

It is friggen incredible!!!!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

We going reap what they have sown. There are some that did that even post here. They will never chime in to admit here though.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Trump...due to his daughter-in-law Lara’s influence wasn’t huge help on this matter either.

Really? So he ignored his two sons who are international big game hunters, but he was swayed by his daughter in law, who is married to one of those sons???

What is your source?

Honestly, I think that you are just blind to the fact that your hero hates something that you love: hunting.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:

It is friggen incredible!!!!

Yep.

Almost as bad as Trump calling hunting a "horror show!" rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, for the record, I do not like Trump and would not want to share a hunting camp with him. On the other hand, he was not all that bad (actually quite positive when compared to Obama and Biden) for us hunters and gun owners. The biggest positive was that our economy simply boomed because of his actions, and while the Covid-19 pandemic put the kaibosh to it, the basics are in place for the economy to recover. Our stock market already has, and this is in spite of the efforts of Biden and his fellow democrats.
If you wish, you can focus on that one "horror show" quote. I choose to look at the big picture, and it is not a good one since November, especially for us hunters and gun owners.

Posts: 260 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
Trump...due to his daughter-in-law Lara’s influence wasn’t huge help on this matter either.

Really? So he ignored his two sons who are international big game hunters, but he was swayed by his daughter in law, who is married to one of those sons???

What is your source?

Jason,
When GWB was POTUS we were a pen stroke away from getting a leopard trophy import halt due to Laura Bush liking leopard—fact.

Lara combined with Laura Ingraham and others like Piers Morgan did mount a campaign to stop Zinke from reversing the halt. It apparently worked—others here that work in politics can verify this.

It caused a rift to some degree between Don Jr and Eric. You don’t see Eric hunting anymore do you?

Honestly, I think that you are just blind to the fact that your hero hates something that you love: hunting.

Not my hero...but certainly advanced policy in my favor and did a better job of picking SCOTUS Justices than any POTUS in my lifetime.

Like the man or not...his doctrine was aligned (sans African hunting and spending) with mine and many here. I challenge anyone who hunts, shoots, runs a business, paves his/her own way, and enjoys liberty...to show data on why Biden will NOT hurt all of those.

Does he hate hunting??? I have no earthly idea. He was not helpful there as much as I would have liked...but we are getting hard evidence now why he was still way better than any Democrat.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is your source?

Jason,
When GWB was POTUS we were a pen stroke away from getting a leopard trophy import halt due to Laura Bush liking leopard—fact.

Lara combined with Laura Ingraham and others like Piers Morgan did mount a campaign to stop Zinke from reversing the halt. It apparently worked—others here that work in politics can verify this.

It caused a rift to some degree between Don Jr and Eric. You don’t see Eric hunting anymore do you?

Not my hero...but certainly advanced policy in my favor and did a better job of picking SCOTUS Justices than any POTUS in my lifetime.

Like the man or not...his doctrine was aligned (sans African hunting and spending) with mine and many here. I challenge anyone who hunts, shoots, runs a business, paves his/her own way, and enjoys liberty...to show data on why Biden will NOT hurt all of those.

Does he hate hunting??? I have no earthly idea. He was not helpful there as much as I would have liked...but we are getting hard evidence now why he was still way better than any Democrat.

100% Lane!

Like Trump personally or not, his actions were 95% positive for those of us with a conservative view point. What really gets me are those who voted against him based on his persona, while ignoring the fact that it was a binary choice at the voting booth. That they expected Biden's actions to be a better choice than Trump's personality is beyond me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is your source?

Jason,

100% Lane!

Like Trump personally or not, his actions were 95% positive for those of us with a conservative view point. What really gets me are those who voted against him based on his persona, while ignoring the fact that it was a binary choice at the voting booth. That they expected Biden's actions to be a better choice than Trump's personality is beyond me.

There was a discussion on a boating forum, Political Sub-Forum about this.

There were a group of "conservatives" who actually stated..."The path to true conservatism, is a vote for Biden." WTF? How can you even start a debate from that point.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3342 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She is a very left wing, Native American bigot.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is your source?

Jason,

100% Lane!

There was a discussion on a boating forum, Political Sub-Forum about this.

There were a group of "conservatives" who actually stated..."The path to true conservatism, is a vote for Biden." WTF? How can you even start a debate from that point.

Exactly. Look at the ground that will be lost in the next 2 years.

Trump disappointed me over the trophy issue and he was not nearly as fiscally conservative as I would like. Outside of that...I liked his policy.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trump had policy ideas? Maybe if had talked about them he would have received more votes. I would imagine nothing will change as far as hunting. Trump didn’t change anything to make it easier to import trophies from Africa.

Did sales of guns and ammunition during the Obama administration go up or down? Up. Under Biden I assume by the scarcity of ammunition and reloading components it’s good news for the second amendment.

Go hunting and stop complaining. And make sure you vote and tell your friends to vote at the next election if you don’t like the current administration.

It’s those dumb fucks who probably didn’t even vote who thought they could overturn a free and fair election that worries me. “All misinformed and No Brains” problem solving method which is common.

Turkey season opener is almost here. Go and take a friend.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is your source?

Jason,

100% Lane!

It baffles the hell out of me too!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slim buttes:
Trump had policy ideas? Maybe if had talked about them he would have received more votes. I would imagine nothing will change as far as hunting. Trump didn’t change anything to make it easier to import trophies from Africa.

Did sales of guns and ammunition during the Obama administration go up or down? Up. Under Biden I assume by the scarcity of ammunition and reloading components it’s good news for the second amendment.

Go hunting and stop complaining. And make sure you vote and tell your friends to vote at the next election if you don’t like the current administration.

It’s those dumb fucks who probably didn’t even vote who thought they could overturn a free and fair election that worries me. “All misinformed and No Brains” problem solving method which is common.

Wow..... cuckoo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Simply amazing. And you are a hunter and gun owner? Hard to believe you have your head that far up where the light doesn't shine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which part do you dispute? I am willing to hear some facts if anyone has some. I hear nothing but what is considered politically correct on AR, no facts,unwilling to even listen information that they don’t already believe. Again if you have any facts that would enlighten me on how hunting is being hindered by the Biden administration I will gladly read it.

Oh and I can’t wait for my annual bear hunt on public land with no one else around. So much fun.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which part do you dispute? I am willing to hear some facts if anyone has some. I hear nothing but what is considered politically correct on AR, no facts,unwilling to even listen information that they don’t already believe. Again if you have any facts that would enlighten me on how hunting is being hindered by the Biden administration I will gladly read it.

Oh and I can’t wait for my annual bear hunt on public land with no one else around. So much fun.

You can state your opinion as you wish.

Personally, I don’t either administrations are friendly to hunters.

But, we seem to nitpick who we accept of the idiots on offer!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nuance is too often lost on these forum discussions, and I also believe that this administration will have the exact same impact on hunting as the last one. That was really my point in the first place.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To the 'horror show' comment:

Trump appointed Ryan Zinke. Zinke WAS going to have the Ele/Lion import ban lifted. Then the shit storm came from media/celebrities, etc. All the average person heard is that "Trump is helping rich hunters slaughter threatened/endangered/iconic/beautiful/spectacular/stunning/brave lions and elephants."

You need at least a few minutes to explain the benefits of safari hunting, and what happens if it's shut down. He would never have been able to explain it on a forum where the majority of people would have even heard him.

Whoever did the interview would have pushed back: "But sir! BUT SIR!! WHY WOULD THESE PEOPLE WANT TO KILL A LION, FOR GOD'S SAKE?!?"

Posts: 429 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
On good source...pretty sure it was his DIL Lara who got to Trump that caused the “Horror Show Comment.” Of course Lara was accompanied with much help. Laura Ingraham of Fox is also a rabid antihunter and a friend of Lara’s.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baker458:

You need at least a few minutes to explain the benefits of safari hunting, and what happens if it's shut down. He would never have been able to explain it on a forum where the majority of people would have even heard him.

We live in a 140-character world> Adults 20-24 average 6 minutes of reading per day...only after you hit 65 does reading increase in any great amount among adults.

Our world is largely made up of people who are at the peak of Mt. Stupid according to the Dunning Kruger chart:

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Slim,
It may not be what ‘Biden’ does per se...but his appointments do.

As it pertains to hunting...the Secretary of Interior has much influence—both domestic and foreign.

While the “liberalization” of the USFWS has been a slow drip-drip-drip for a long time...0bama first weaponized the USFWS against international hunters by halting (possibly illegally) imports via the bureaucracy. Albeit...the slow liberalization may be the most harmful in the long-run and certainly allowed the latter to occur. And as I stated above it is not limited to Democratic Administrations...GWB almost gave us a leopard trophy import halt.

Now surely we can both agree that the above fore mentioned appointment to SI is NOT good for hunting. We will lose ground internationally for sure by her actions. And while her direct actions will likely be harmful...it is the indirect actions of setting culture and new hires and appointments which further liberalize the agency and erode rights and privileges of hunters.

Thus, 100%...Biden will have negative effects on hunters and zero positive ones. Contrasted to the former administration which did miss good chances to take direct and positive actions to benefit hunters but did NOT harm us directly with action or erode the USFWS further towards pure anti-hunting bias.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ledvm, I agree.

So it seems we have 2 choices an administration that will erode our hunting opportunities or an administration that does nothing to expand our hunting opportunities. That math doesn’t look good.

We need to promote hunting and not turn it into another culture clash.

One of Us
Picture of Ready Aim Shoot
posted Hide Post
Next time you need Trump for president and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, for vice president.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ready Aim Shoot:
Next time you need Trump for president and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, for vice president.

And you need to shitcan Trudeau.... jumping

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
ledvm, I agree.

So it seems we have 2 choices an administration that will erode our hunting opportunities or an administration that does nothing to expand our hunting opportunities. That math doesn’t look good.

We need to promote hunting and not turn it into another culture clash.

Yes sir. But I am afraid the culture clash has already begun.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
The on-slot by the GF&P has been ongoing for probably 30+ years.

The new collage recruits that are hired and go in to game management do not hunt or fish. This is ongoing in most if not all the states and if you visit with them they are anti fishing and hunting.

So we are in the California style of game management and this is where it is moving into the ballot. The hunting community is behind the curve in the ballot style management move. The, I only shoot ducks, I do not care about your fishing or hunting of deer, elk, sheep or what ever it may be. It is call divide the hunters and the anti will win the day. Chip at it one segment at a time. One state at a time then use that, to move the cause into other states.

The AR group does a real good job of that. I like this style of hunting, I do not like this kind of hunting. This PH is the best, oh that PH is nothing but a show boat. I like to shoot my dangerous game at 5,000 yards, Oh anything beyond 20 yards is not hunting. Anyone who uses a scope is not a hunter, you need to iron sites to be a real hunter. You see it all here. If the hunt was legal that is a good hunt, when a hunt becomes an issue is when the hunt is illegal. The speaking bad of legal hunts needs to stop.

Now take a look at major cities that are over run with wildlife, and instead of allowing hunting or trapping of animals they look to animal relocation or sterilization, thinking that it will solve the problem. If all else fails, let GF&P address the issue. So GF&P or their contractor can kill the animals and birds, just keep hunters from doing it. A expanding mind set moving into states.

I know where, I live the people complain about the cotton tail & jack rabbits plus pigeons. These home owners kill the coyotes (against state & city laws) because the coyote may get a house cat or two (cats have been wiping out the quail population) and are running off the owl's and hawk's that were keeping the rabbits in check.

One morning I was watching a jackrabbit in full flight being chased by a coyote only to be downed by a hawk, then the coyote and hawk had a stand off and the rabbit escaped. the coyote found the rabbit and it crossed in front of us again, one side all covered in blood. the coyote was upon the rabbit and a neighbor came out to chase the coyote away, however this same neighbor companies about there plants being eaten (not knowing that the jack rabbits were eating their plants.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
100% Bwana...fully agree. Hunters MUST unite as a well honed unit if we are to survive.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
100% Bwana...fully agree. Hunters MUST unite as a well honed unit if we are to survive.

rotflmo

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

rotflmo

Hence, ^^^ the reason we are losing.

J. Lane Easter, DVM