Find
Notify
Tools

What did you purchase at DSC?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted
I firmed up my hunt to Namibia for this year.

Purchased 2 new rifles.

Visited the Optics booths and purchased a new scope.

Purchased a hand bag for my wife and she is liking it... got lucky there.

I have a few leads for 2020 for my nephew who would like to go to Africa. i will be forwarding the information to him so that he can make a decision. i probably will tag along.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Own use bull elephant hunt in the Caprivi at the evening auction, zebra rug to replace the 25 year old one in the family room that is hammered, 5’ karoos(sp??) rug, Kuiu jacket and pants. Had a great time!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Lunch.

I did locate new places to hunt bear, boars, elk, bison, and upland birds.
Also met several old friends and made a couple new ones. Sent some prospects to an African outfitter friend too.

Enjoyed it all.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
(1) Renewed subscription to Africa Outfitter
(2) Lunch - the food was just awful
(3) Drinks

Posts: 748 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Booked another hunt with Jason Russos for buff in Ethiopia and some others.

Posts: 10094 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
I talked to Crusader Safaris in the morning about an early June hunt for nyala and bushbuck, and only realized at 12:50 that they had donated a silent auction hunt, closing at 1 p.m. I managed to register,bid, and win the hunt in less than 10 minutes. Smiler Then I went back to their booth and confirmed the dates.

Other than that, I bought magazine subscriptions (African Hunting Gazette, African Outfitter), back issues of Hunter’s Path, and a 1 ounce binocular “harness”.

And lunch - the food was not that great, but the conversation was good.

Posts: 672 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a hunt in Namibia with one of the private contractors who survived Benghazi.

An aluminum crocodile skull Buzz's wife made.

A couple of killer flashlights.

A magnetized stick to pick up shotgun shells.

A Dark Energy recharger.

Seems like I am missing something.

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Larry,

It sounds like you have the same flashlight addiction I have...

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Well i forgot that I up graded my NRA membership.

Renewed magazine subscriptions.

Lunches were nothing to talk about.

Enjoyed a nice shot of Scotch at days end with one of my PH's

Purchased a DSC shirt ... i did not find the Kids T-shirts (maybe next year).

And walked over 5 miles each day visiting the vendors. and still missed a small section of the floor.

only did 3 days, drove home on Sunday.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Locked down dates with Buzz for 2020, made a deposit. It’s real now.

Bought a small bronze dog from Raj Paul.
A few more Simply Simbi items. A couple of Buzz’s books for gifts.

An ostrich purse for Sue, and a vest from Rigby for me.

A couple of gizmos and whizbangs.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another H S Precision rifle - 6.5 Creedmore.
A couple books from Safari Press.
A couple shirts from the DSC clothing booth.
Another great time seeing some old friends.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1582 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
I was there Friday. Purchased three slings from Murray Leather. I've been needing them for awhile.

Posts: 359 | Location: 33N36'47", 96W24'48" | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Clara and I arrived Wednesday and are headed home now. We bought some of Sherry Steele’s art, Buzz’s book and some clothing from TAG. Had a great time visiting with our friends from Rigby, South Africa, Namibia and past shows. We met and made new friends as well. We did not sponsor a banquet table for the first time in many years but we did attend the life member breakfast. Good decision on our part to skip the banquet tables as we had more time with our friends and it was definitely more relaxing to not have to rush out of the show to change clothes and then play table hosts. Great show by team DSC and we will see everyone next year.

Safe travels.....LL

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I purchased Qatar round trip tickets from Steve Turner to Tanzania for a safari I am doing with Fell through Raoul Ramoni. I'll be flying in the new Qsuite cabin.

Renewed my yellow fever vaccination.

I purchased and was fitted for ESP hearing protection, with digital hearing, to help salvage what hearing I have left.

I firmed up a Spain hunt, holiday for the wife, that we will be doing in March with Caza Hispanica.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Booked a hunt in Zambia for Hippo, Croc, Buff and plains game with Gavin Hume. Zambia and Uganda are my bucket list places to hunt until my wife says we can go to Ethiopia.

Posts: 67 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 30 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
1) Another cartridge holder form Murray Leather
2) Light jacket from TAG.
3) A flagpole of all things, been wanting one for the home.
Firmed up dates with Mokore for our August buffalo hunt. Took Doug to dinner Saturday night at Ocean Prime. Great meal.

Learned a costly but good lesson, when ordering single malt Scotch, pay close attention to the placement of the decimal point in the price.

Posts: 747 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A leopard/tuskless hunt for next year, another Banovich print, renewed my Sports Afield subscription, and a round bodied Verney Carron 470NE.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3501 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Booked a Masailand hunt for buff/plains game in Sept 2019
Booked a buff/tuskless hunt for 2020 with Buzz

Looked at Argentina for a bird hunt.

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanajay:
I purchased Qatar round trip tickets from Steve Turner to Tanzania for a safari I am doing with Fell through Raoul Ramoni. I'll be flying in the new Qsuite cabin.

Renewed my yellow fever vaccination.

I purchased and was fitted for ESP hearing protection, with digital hearing, to help salvage what hearing I have left.

I firmed up a Spain hunt, holiday for the wife, that we will be doing in March with Caza Hispanica.

Yellow Fever no longer requires follow ups. One shot good for life now, even if 30 years ago.

Posts: 748 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yellow Fever no longer requires follow ups. One shot good for life now, even if 30 years ago.

CDC says, "One shot is good for most people".

My Doctor recommended a booster every 10 years since I frequently travel to areas in Africa that require the vaccination.

Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Wow.. Some serious purchases listed in comparison to the "What did you purchase at SCI" thread!!!

I definitely get the feeling I went to the wrong show.. My days of misplaced loyalty are over I think!!!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I am a dreamer and hopefully soon will be able to make to the convention. I am saving to go on a hunt somewhere. Love reading about the show.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Firmed up a hunt with Johnny Vivier for 2020. Wife bought some jewelry and we are still deciding on either a Banovich ir Seery-Lester. Wife likes the former, me the latter. oh yes, purchased some books from John Sharp for myself and some friends. It's a great read and I highly recommend it.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7136 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
and hopefully I can make it an African hunt.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buffalo and zebra purse for my wife. Earrings for my mother. A couple of books for the collection. Set up some rifle parts for engraving.

Talked with a lot of folks and fondled some of the finest firearms I'll ever get my hands on. The gunmakers row was great and I got some neat ideas.

2020 elephant hunt is close to being worked out. Just need a couple of follow ups from the show.

My wife got the bug to go to the Amazon on a fishing trip and gathered a bunch of info. Didn't see that coming, but won't complain.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Wife( who doesn’t fish) and I went to the Amazon in November 2017 to remote permanent camp. We both loved it and caught a lot of fish.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Renewed subscription to African Hunting Gazette.

Couple of books at Safari Press - Had Buzz sign his!

DSC shirt for me and sweatshirt for my better half.

KUIU pants.

Ozonics HR 300.

Reserved dates with Charl (Infinito Safaris) for 2020.

My buddy (Not on AR) bought new Russell moccasins and the complete setup from Stukey's (shooting bench)

LOVED the show!

Dave Ristau

Posts: 297 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Robin and I loved the show as always. We wouldn't miss the chance to visit with all our past and future PH's, booking agent and outfitters.

Discussed the details of our September Ele, Roan, Lechwe and Bushbuck safari in the Caprivi with Dawid Muller.

Stopped by John Sharp's booth to purchase his book and started talking with John about the overpopulation of lions in the Bubye. They have 500 now he says, which is about 200 too many for the 850,000 acre conservancy. I glanced over at my wife and she had THE unmistaken twinkle in her eye. Consequently, my wife is now booked for a 2020 lion safari with John. I get to tag along. That wasn't planned. WOW!

Visited with Neal and Brownlee to thank them for a fantastic moose and bear hunt in Alaska last September.

Stopped by Crusader Safaris booth to catch up with Andrew Pringle and his fabulous free range areas in South Africa.

Purchased some fine art prints from Cory Carlson.

Robin bought some nice jewelry. Also could not resist some new warthog tusk key chains.

What a great place to spend a few days.

Posts: 87 | Location: Texas | Registered: 22 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
I thought the Show was great as most everyone did.

I finalized hunt details with Thierry Labat and Guy Whittall on Humani for Dec '19.

Booked a Dall sheep hunt for mid-July '19 in the NWT with Dustin Roe.

Also booked moose/caribou combo with Dustin for 2020.

Didn't buy much else after that as I was broke but did take the wife to a couple nice dinners in an attempt to get back in her good graces. Smiler

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
didn't anybody buy the book 10,000 misses by biebs?? Roll Eyes coffee 2020

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
- Stuckey's Shooting Bench
- Many drinks
- Some DSC hats, shirts, and stuffed animals for the kids
Silly me, I thought I went there to sell stuff Smiler
Awesome show! Can't give enough praise to DSC and all of the amazing volunteers!!

Posts: 561 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A goat, moose and elk hunt with Stone Mountain Safaris for 2020 and a fly fishing trip on the Kootenai River in Montana with Linehan Outfitting for this summer. The latter being convenient as we spend our summers at our place outside Sandpoint.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More than I should have, but the neatest purchase I made was a set of sterling silver studs -- cape buffalo heads -- by Patrick Mavros. No, I didn't get out of there that cheap -- he has some really beautiful stuff and I have female relations. But I have another black tie dinner next month where I'm hosting my whole team and their spouses and I just couldn't pass these up.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clothes and one hunt. We were too busy at our booth to shop too much. My favorite show to do. I met several AR folks that I could put a face to. Thanks for strolling by.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I went to the Dallas show looking for a Sept/Oct elephant for myself, but somehow I got talked into a Father/Son buffalo hunt in the BVC (Fimbiri) during May and June. We should have a blast, and I may still have time for an elephant hunt later in the year.

I bought a Fierce Firearms Rifle in 338 Win Mag, my new elk rifle. I almost bought a Heym Express Rifle in 450 Rigby.

I also bought a couple Slogan Products rifle slings. I really like those slings.

It was a great show. Seems like it keeps getting better.

Brad

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1281 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote