THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Why Hunting Animals Could Be Good for Conservation

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Hunting Animals Could Be Good for Conservation
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Safari Specialty Importers
posted
Howdy and Happy Friday to All!

The Economist put together a very positive piece on how hunting actually serves to aid conservation efforts for wildlife and wild areas. We are please to see actual science and accounts of what really happens in Africa finally being addressed.

https://youtu.be/9y7YFjisSTg

Please share this video with any and all who could learn from it.

Safari Specialty Importers is ready to aid any hunters in being a part of the best conservation effort: Hunting!

Posts: 192 | Location: New York | Registered: 25 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
To suggest that the opposition looks at, watches or absorbs any of this is nothing but wishful thinking.

We are talking about folks who deny there is a border crisis and insist the southern border is not open.

We are talking about people who don't think the national debt is a problem

We are talking about folks who think defunding police is a viable way to go forward.

The examples are many. I understand this can be seen as a political post. But in essence, so is yours. We are fighting for our collective sporting lives against the same people.

They don't want to be educated, they don't care about numbers or facts or truths. They are ideologs, period.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Steve:
Yoou're always thinking on the "right" side. Should you run for president, you will have my vote.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. That was a surprisingly objective video. We need more truth like this out there.

Posts: 103 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Well done video and worth 15 minutes to watch...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
This report is excellent, balanced and effective. I was surprised and pleased to see it. Thanks very much for posting the link.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13387 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They don't want to be educated, they don't care about numbers or facts or truths. They are ideologists, period.

This closing statement sums it up.

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I second what Michael Robinson said above. It seemed like an effective video. Thanks for posting the link.

I read some of the comments on YouTube and it sounds like a few people actually changed their opinions to being in support of trophy hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunting gives value to the animals that are hunted and to their environment. Money talks.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent video, fair and well balanced. Didn't scream or yell, just discussed the good and bad.

If it pays, it stays.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done video. Worth taking the time to watch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
To suggest that the opposition looks at, watches or absorbs any of this is nothing but wishful thinking.

We are talking about folks who deny there is a border crisis and insist the southern border is not open.

We are talking about people who don't think the national debt is a problem

We are talking about folks who think defunding police is a viable way to go forward.

The examples are many. I understand this can be seen as a political post. But in essence, so is yours. We are fighting for our collective sporting lives against the same people.

They don't want to be educated, they don't care about numbers or facts or truths. They are ideologs, period.

Facts and logic have no place in their world.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Haveing been in and out of the ranching business, and that runs with game management, it amazes me that we have to explain such things to the masses..

The land can only carry x number of aniamals, over grazing will wipe out a species, be it livestock or wildlife, desease and starvation follow once the land is over grazed..thats pretty easy to understand if one listens to logic..but therein lies the problem with ignorant people..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote