New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Poachers Do
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think sometimes it is Wink

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What poachers should do is die. I hunted in Tanzania in 2013 when the President had a shoot to kill order out. Troubling and thankfully, while we saw sign of poachers, we didn't encounter any. But we saw their results. Morally, I have no problem, but wouldn't want to risk a Tanzanian jail.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
A quick-thinking wildlife rescue team have saved an elephant's life after it was spotted with a HUNTER'S snare attached to its leg.

When an article begins with a statement in this manner, it's you and I who are painted with the same brush as a poacher, and OMG it was "Martha" who was troubled by the snare!!!!

Don't misread me, I loathe poaching as much, if not more than most, and have seen more than my fair share of diabolical methods. Unfortunately policies allow for a short sentence (if any) when a poacher is nabbed, and soon he's back in business.

Posts: 533 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well said Neil.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope to see the day when the big fish are prosecuted. I should live so long.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
You guys have been sitting at your computers too long. Are you seriously suggesting that another humans life should be terminated for killing an animal illegally?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
You guys have been sitting at your computers too long. Are you seriously suggesting that another humans life should be terminated for killing an animal illegally?

There are poachers and there are poachers; one bunch are innocuous as they will kill the odd animal to feed their family (possibly an extended one), have been doing so for generations but their actions are not detrimental to wildlife populations in the long run.

The other bunch, armed with AK47s and SKS rifles are doing the same thing except on a larger scale for commercial purposes and are the wrong types to tangle with as they would not hesitate taking you out, something which is not new and skirmishes with an exchange of gunfire are not uncommon and some good people have lost their lives.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:

Do the names Capt. Roger Gower, Andre de Kock, Claudio & Massimo Chiarelli, all prematurely deceased, ring a bell?

Their untimely departures from this world is the handiwork of armed poachers, yes, the same ones that indiscriminately kill animals!

Posts: 1903 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote