THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Coronavirus and exchange rates........

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coronavirus and exchange rates........
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
19.05 Rand to 1 US Dollar. This is the best (as a US citizen) exchange rate I have seen since my first trip in 2002. Buy some face masks and go hunting in Africa!

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1848 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hunts are priced in Dollars, so would that make any difference?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Only difference would be for the SA operators (see them starting to smile).....see it actually went above 17:1 briefly. Oil down to $35 !!!

Posts: 533 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Prices wars are no friends of anyone.

Offer a good service at a good price and every should be happy.

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
17.0621 to $ 1

Good for foreign hunters if they can get there.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1848 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Why do you think the exchange rate will make your safari cheaper?

~Ann

Posts: 19147 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
African operators caught on looooong ago. All prices are calculated in US dollars. The only benefit to the current exchange rate is if you transfer funds into an African country with the intent on purchasing tangible goods and/or services there.

If you are at all interested in purchasing land and/or opening business in Africa, it won't get much cheaper than this.

Farmland/bushland in the Kunene region of Namibia is under N$1,300 per hectare or about $30 USD per acre. There are currently more than 120 farms for sale just in the Outjo area alone.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At least the US$ is still good.
The Oz$ is now 0.58 cents...........
Pretty scary

One of Us
posted Hide Post
YES, if you come from Australia with the useless Oz$

quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:

Because it will. Daily rates in RSA / Namibia for plains game hunting are cheaper now than they were when I first went in 2002. The typical plains game hunt and now even buffalo in the RSA have fallen in price. A stronger dollar will be factored in for USA hunters. The market is too competitive not to. I have noticed that there are lot more cull hunts which is also a sign of a saturated market.
Sounds like it is getting cheaper to hunt Oz also.
17.4 to 1 at today's close. I am not rubbing my hands in glee. This is basic economics and there is nothing wrong with it. If you can find a way to get there and when they let you in then go and have yourself a nice little safari. I am certain all our South African and Namibian friends would appreciate it.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunsCore:
quote:

Because it will. Daily rates in RSA / Namibia for plains game hunting are cheaper now than they were when I first went in 2002. The typical plains game hunt and now even buffalo in the RSA have fallen in price. A stronger dollar will be factored in for USA hunters. The market is too competitive not to. I have noticed that there are lot more cull hunts which is also a sign of a saturated market.
17.4 to 1 at today's close. I am not rubbing my hands in glee. This is basic economics and there is nothing wrong with it. If you can find a way to get there and when they let you in then go and have yourself a nice little safari. I am certain all our South African and Namibian friends would appreciate it.

For the next few weeks the world is on lock down.

Once it opens you never know what will be happening.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
one of us
posted 19 March 2020 05:01
At least the US$ is still good.
The Oz$ is now 0.58 cents...........
Pretty scary

If you have a NZ hunt planned buy some NZD cash now to use when you get here. Today $1.00 NZD is buying just under USD $ 0.54 Haven't seen it this low in some time. The last low point I remember was a few years ago when $1.00 NZD bought only USD $0.50

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Next few months Saeed.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Next few months Saeed.

Our hunt is in late September, and I certainly hope this blows over sooner than that.

Far too many people are already suffering financially!

Charge it to the bloody Chinks!

It seems all these nasty viruses are coming from there!

One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Next few months Saeed.[/QUOTE]

Our hunt is in late September, and I certainly hope this blows over sooner than that.

It seems all these nasty viruses are coming from there![/QUOTE]

Well some from there, the MERS {Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus] outbreak was from the Arabian Peninsula, just didn't get as famous or kill as many !

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sarg:

Next few months Saeed.[/QUOTE]

It seems all these nasty viruses are coming from there![/QUOTE]

Well some from there, the MERS outbreak was from the Arabian Peninsula, just didn't get as famous or kill as many !

.[/QUOTE]

We must have imported it from China! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Next few months Saeed.

You could probably get permission to jet in direct? You are a man of means.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Next few months Saeed.

You could probably get permission to jet in direct? You are a man of means.

Why bother?

Our hunts are normally with friends from different parts of the world.

Hunting without them is not going to be the same.

This year we have friends from the US, Sweden, Zimbabwe and Dubai.

If all else fails we might take a dhow clap

And shoot some Somali pirates on the way rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a smidgen short 18 Rand per US dollar. How long till it hits 20 Rand per dollar? I am thinking by the end of next week.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just a smidgen short 18 Rand per US dollar. How long till it hits 20 Rand per dollar? I am thinking by the end of next week.

America debases it's currency by 10% and it goes up in value. Not a good omen for the Rand.

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
19.05 Rand to 1 US$. I may swim there to take advantage of these great rates.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
It matters only if you are buying stuff manufactured locally that is not impacted by exchange rates.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Hell, all African hunts are priced in dollars or euros. The exchange rate is irrelevant except for souvenirs!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
anyone smart enough to ask or try to make some deals it matters. Some may not need to get breaks because they have extra cash I know anyone I deal with gives me better deals because they pay in rand and get more rand for my dollars. Some crazy good deals if you want to get them out there now

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote