THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Frostbit Update BIG BLACK MANED LION down!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frostbit Update BIG BLACK MANED LION down!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The Lion is Dead!

The Deed has been done...while enjoying morning coffee Jim & Andrew heard the snorts of a lion. They hurried down the camp road and encountered 3 old lions and a lioness in the tall grass not 100 yds from camp. Jim nailed a big black maned lion under the chin at 20 yds. (I'll leave the details for Jim to tell, but he wanted me to post their success!) Andrew said this is the biggest lion (and done properly without bait) he has taken in a long time!Needless to say after 2 hours of photos they had to walk 100 yds back to camp for their celebration!

Only the leopard left and 7 days of hunting to go!!!!!

I personally can't wait for the photos!!!!!

Day 14

Joyce: 2 more Impala...one for pot, one for leopard bait.

Jim: Lion on bait, but 4 yr. old.

Day 9 Reedbuck

Joyce took a Reedbuck and is now after Puku. No lion or leopard fixed on bait yet.

Day 7 Sable & Joyce's Impala

Joyce got her first "blood" today, a 200 yard shot on an impala. This will be cat bait. She made a fantastic shot with her 7x57 and broke both shoulders and took out top of heart.

Jim, of course, "Bwana F....g Lucky" took a 43" sable. It was simply resting under the shade of a tree (after the hunters midday nap and tea).

Jim said he could authenticate the pose of Nganga's sable! This is exactly what Jim's sable did upon his shot.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...681088131#5681088131

This is day 7 with 14 days to go!!!! Jim is "bagged" out except for the cats. They have 2 leopards on bait and spour of a big lion in the area.

I can't wait to find out what happes next!!!

Day 6--Sitatunga

In 2010 John DuPlooy named Jim (Frostbit) Bwana "F.....g" Lucky. According to Jim via satellite phone today, Andrew Baldry (Fairgame) has become a believer and now calls Jim the same!!! After only 1-1/2 hours in the Sitatunga blind, Jim dropped his Sitatunga at 200 yds. According to Jim, Andrew has never had a client take both Roan and Sitatunga on the same safari, needless to say, within the first 6 days of his safari.

Score so far: Lichtenstein Hartebeest, Defassa Waterbuck, Roan, Buffalo, Sitatunga.

Day 4--Big Buffalo "in the salt"...no details yet.

For all;

I had a sat phone update from Jim and Joyce. They wanted me to provide a report:

They spent the morning on several blown stalks for hartebeest, roan and reedbuck.

After their field lunch, Jim took a huge hartebeest. Dropped him on the spot. They hung bait and headed back to camp. The tracker spotted some roan. After a long stalk it was determined they were all female...then behind a termite mound Andrew spotted the bull. Once Jim got on him, he dropped him on the spot too. Jim said he was a monster.

Jim's comment, "It's just day 3"!

Tomorrow is Joyce's turn. They'll be after impala and/or puku for more bait.

To say, I wish I were there, is an understatement!!!!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tell Jim his neighbor Matt is back home cheering him and Joyce on.

Cheers,

Matt

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Three very desireable trophies in as many days. Excellent!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Moore:
Tell Jim his neighbor Matt is back home cheering him and Joyce on.

Cheers,

Matt

+1

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Day 4--Big Buffalo in the salt! No details yet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesone!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Love it!

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Very good. Tel Jim if he;s coming through Seattle for a bit on the way home I'll buy him the first round as a toast on his hunt.

Look forward to more...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Frsotbit sends his report to AR...Day 6 Sitatunga.

BaxterB...Will do.

To all...They are still baiting for lion. They have a herd of about 80 Buffalo enter Fairgame's hunting area...the lion will follow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unreal... Eeker

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
So glad he is having a successful trip...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
So glad he is having a successful trip...

Me to Tim, Me to Big Grin

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist
Huffaker Taxidermy Studio
huftax@sbcglobal.net
http://huffakertaxidermy.com/

Posts: 2006 | Location: Abilene,TX USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Makes us smile alot.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Friggin Roan..is there anything more ruggedly beautiful than a Roan? Can't wait for the stories and pics...

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Wonderful to hear one of our members having a great safari.

Wish you continuous success, and safe return home.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Day 7 with Joyce's first blood, and Impala and Jim's 43" Sable.

I'm beginning to think this is all going too easy! All but one animal taken after a nap and tea!!! 7 days and 14 to go! See initial post.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This cruel and relentless slaughter of helpless animals has to stop. Wink

Sounds like a fantastic Safari even if they quit now.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1925 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I hate it when you get all of your animals and still have hunting days left nilly
Time to get out the checkbook and see what else Jim can find Big Grin
Either that or start hunting with a spear to give the game a chance.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Sable and Roan? And Sitatunga?? Tell Jim I wish him good luck when he gets back home and they have to extract that lucky horseshoe from his bum.

quote:
Time to get out the checkbook and see what else Jim can find

Oh, I bet there have been many conversations that included ..."Well, we're already here, have most of what we wanted and many more days to go, or...I could always work an extra shift or two...or three...what do I need TWO kidneys for?...that TV is too big anyway...we'll have to add on the living room...I hear HUffaker is having a two for one special...

Glad he's have an excellent time...but I hope he squirts pickle juice in his shooting eye at dinner...just because...

...especially glad Joyce is in the game, that'll make this trip all the more special.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
Sable and Roan? And Sitatunga?? Tell Jim I wish him good luck when he gets back home and they have to extract that lucky horseshoe from his bum.

quote:
Time to get out the checkbook and see what else Jim can find

Oh, I bet there have been many conversations that included ..."Well, we're already here, have most of what we wanted and many more days to go, or...I could always work an extra shift or two...or three...what do I need TWO kidneys for?...that TV is too big anyway...we'll have to add on the living room...I hear HUffaker is having a two for one special...

Glad he's have an excellent time...but I hope he squirts pickle juice in his shooting eye at dinner...just because...

...especially glad Joyce is in the game, that'll make this trip all the more special.

From what Jim quoted the conversations are going something like, "We've had a midday nap and tea, let's spend an hour and a half and go get a Sitatunga...(or Roan or 43" Sable)"!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think since Jim already knew he had a full bag and could shoot basically anything he saw that provisions were made to cover any eventuality. Let's remember he has the really expensive stuff yet to come.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BEGNO:
This cruel and relentless slaughter of helpless animals has to stop. Wink

HEAR! HEAR! This is turning toooo many people green [with envy.] Roll Eyes Big Grin

Sounds like a fantastic Safari even if they quit now.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Day 9 with Fairgame & Frostbit

Joyce takes a Reedbuck and is now after Puku. No Lion or Leopard fixed on bait yet, but lots of spoor and lots of time left!

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the updates, great being able to follow this safari close to real time. Wish I was there...

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad both are having a good hunt. Send my regards to them pls.

Dennis

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
This update thread is awesome! Best of luck the rest of the trip!

Posts: 2091 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Come on big cats!!!!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
Come on big cats!!!!!!

Brett

Amen!

Here Kitty Kitty

Posts: 2091 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I think sundown on July 2 would mark 15 days down and 6 to go.

Any reports on the cats?

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just had voice mail this AM....

Lion on bait was less than 5...but Jim & Joyce really enjoyed the experience.

Joyce shot 2 more impala. One for pot and one for leopard bait!

Still lots of time for kitties!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Lion is Dead!

The Deed has been done...while enjoying morning coffee Jim & Andrew heard the snorts of a lion. They hurried down the camp road and encountered 3 old lions and a lioness in the tall grass not 100 yds from camp. Jim nailed a big black maned lion under the chin at 20 yds. (I'll leave the details for Jim to tell, but he wanted me to post their success!) Andrew said this is the biggest lion (and done properly without bait) he has taken in a long time!Needless to say after 2 hours of photos they had to walk 100 yds back to camp for their celebration!

Only the leopard left and 7 days of hunting to go!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Amazing trip!Way to go Jim an Joyce

Posts: 2634 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
beer Cheers to Lion!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Been waiting on this post! HUGE CONGRATS!!!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Man some great cats are being shot this year, can't wait for the report and congrats.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SWAMBO

That boy is living a dream.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
SWAMBO

That boy is living a dream.

Mark

Fairgame has the luck. Way to go.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Shooting a lion is a different and special thing.

Congratulations to Jim, Joyce, and Andrew.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
whoohoooooo. What great news

Posts: 149 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 02 September 2010Reply With Quote