THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    FRIEDKIN GROUP ADMISSION OF GUILT TANZANIA
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FRIEDKIN GROUP ADMISSION OF GUILT TANZANIA
 Login/Join

posted
A cry from Tanzania is an open outcry and plight from a patriotic, well-educated Tanzanian. The enclosed letter written by Jean Claude McMenamin(Managing Director of Friedkin Group Tanzania) which is publicly available and self-explanatory is an open admission of guilt by the Friedkin Group of Companies in Tanzania.
The Friedkin’s current problems with the Government of Tanzania (GOT) are not invented. In fact, they are real! These problems are self-created or can it be said self-inflicted through poor leadership and mismanagement by the executive officers,managers and consultants/advisors. In fact, in the past three years, these problems have grown tenfold due to themisadvise recommended by their so called “experts/consultants” who have misled the Group (in favour of their own personal agendas/interests) from an already challenging scenario to an even more fatally damaging situation.
Major Tourism investors such as Paul Tudor Jones (PTJ) of Grumeti Reserves are well respected by the GOT because they are well-managed and “do things the right way”. They were awarded a Strategic Investment Status by the GOT which they have honoured unlike the Friedkins who to date have not fulfilled a single commitment they have promised to our Government and President, yet they still continue to hoard 3.5 million acres of the most prime concession areas.
For 30 years, the Friedkin group has orchestrated an offshore salary scheme that has benefited white expatriate employeesvis a vis black indigenous Tanzanians. Primary evidence is public knowledge and that is why newspapers such as Jamhuri and the Citizen have published the intimate details including figures of the offshore salaries (discovered by the PM Task Force on their servers) for the general public to be made aware. The point of contention here is, the Friedkin Group would never dare discriminate against their black employees in the USA! So why is it acceptable to do so to black Tanzanian employees? Would the Friedkin Group dare evade payroll taxes of any of their employees in their organizations in the USA? So why do so in Tanzania and why do so particularly for their white expatriate employees? There is no excuse that can justify such behavior or actions anywhere in the world! It is simply unjustifiable, if the truth be told! Tanzanians at large have every justifiable reason to be disgruntled and angry.
Friedkin CEO Marc Watts in his statement claims, “ we do the right thing and treat people the right way every day, regardless of the situation.” Obviously, in Tanzania this is not the case particularly for their black Tanzanian employees. The laws and policies that apply in America for the Friedkin Group do not apply in Tanzania- a clear double standard! There is no reason to treat any human being disrespectfully anywhere in the world, and even more so in their own country!
To make matters worse, the Friedkin Group is spending USD $ 1 Billion to purchase AS Roma soccer club yet they cannot be bothered to fix their problems that they themselves created through their unscrupulous tax evasion practices and discriminatory labour practices. There is a lot more that can be said and presented in this forum but for now lets’ rest the case here. Remember, however long it may take, the truth always prevails

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Private sector investors in Africa are dictated by local Labour laws and employee payment schemes and pensions. Nowhere does it claim equal benefits attached to the economic structures of guest countries.

Your suggestion that some investors 'do things the right way' and get what they want is in itself a dubious statement.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9844 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At the end of the day this is the usual - You're white, I'm black, you got more only because you're white therefore you owe me more.

One of my employees in Namibia actually believes the US government gives me all the money that I invest in Africa and therefore, I shouldn't have any problems paying him more. Trying to educate him on reality is a waste of time. He won't believe anything else.

TIA

And for the record, Paul Tudor Jones pays the local employees a "local" salary. Many of his administrators working in Africa are paid a US wage - easily 20 to 30 times the local labor rate. There will always be a pay discrepancy based upon your value to the corporation. If you can be easily replaced by a long line of low capability labor, then you have less value than someone who possesses great capabilities and therefore cannot be easily replaced. Welcome to Life.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
At the end of the day this is the usual - You're white, I'm black, you got more only because you're white therefore you owe me more.

One of my employees in Namibia actually believes the US government gives me all the money that I invest in Africa and therefore, I shouldn't have any problems paying him more. Trying to educate him on reality is a waste of time. He won't believe anything else.

TIA

And for the record, Paul Tudor Jones pays the local employees a "local" salary. Many of his administrators working in Africa are paid a US wage - easily 20 to 30 times the local labor rate. There will always be a pay discrepancy based upon your value to the corporation. If you can be easily replaced by a long line of low capability labor, then you have less value than someone who possesses great capabilities and therefore cannot be easily replaced. Welcome to Life.

Good post

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9844 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the better videos that explains the situation...

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am curious just what our friend’s objective is. Why do we care? Friedkin is not booking hunts in TZ any longer are they?

The way our new friend has gone about this is highly questionable at best.

Posts: 11905 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
this thread out to be in the ARPF

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I am curious just what our friend’s objective is. Why do we care? Friedkin is not booking hunts in TZ any longer are they?

The way our new friend has gone about this is highly questionable at best.

Self interest comes to mind.

In fact, self interest carried to extremes has brought this sorry state of affairs to Africa!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66708 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A different Marc Watts than Bwana One Shot.
He is white and wouldn't you know it has a Harvard law degree
and is a great humanitarian back home in Houston ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the better videos the explains the situation...

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UPt9pGfpmS0" width="750"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Let the truth be told......his facial expressions tell all.

Posts: 533 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:

Never let those with a cause be confused by the facts.

Posts: 11905 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:

Never let those with a cause be confused by the facts.

Sadly this is afflicting most of the world’s population today!

Common sense and something like FACTS no longer exists!

Posts: 66708 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil-PH:
quote:

Let the truth be told......his facial expressions tell all.

The best part of the video was - 50 years wasn't so long ago.

In the first fifty years of powered flight (1903 - 1953) the world went from the Wright Flyer to launching supersonic fighters from aircraft carriers. And within 55 years of first flight, we were launching our first nuclear powered submarine.

But 50 years isn't so long in Africa time. One thing Africa has perfected is the excuse. Roll Eyes

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Can anyone think of one country in Africa where the living standards, economic viability and infrastructure have improved since the "colonizers" left and the locals regained the steering wheel?

For the life of me I am trying... Namibia maybe?

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7507 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
That Chinese guy is 100% correct. Damn sad, too.

~Ann

Posts: 19123 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
I starting reading the OP and thought "hey there will be some facts in this paragraph"

Then I got to the end and realized this is just a whining opinion.

In the words of the economist Thomas Sowell "Envy used to be one of the seven deadly sins until was renamed Social Justice".

BTW, Thomas Sowell is an African-American.

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10042 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Can anyone think of one country in Africa where the living standards, economic viability and infrastructure have improved since the "colonizers" left and the locals regained the steering wheel?

For the life of me I am trying... Namibia maybe?

The only standouts on the continent are Namibia, Botswana, Morocco, Kenya and Egypt. The problem with Namibia is - it borrowed all its development money from China and China ain't in the mood to invest much more in Africa as their return on investment has been squat. So we shall see what happens next. Always exciting...

posted Hide Post
A Cry For Tanzania is a plea for the general public to understand the fact that Tanzania like any other country has its’ rights for self-determination , sovereignty and development. This forum, therefore provides the space or stage for open discussions where people from all walks of life are entitled to express their views, beliefs and ideas with no objection or prejudice. Such an open space for discussion is vital. In fact, such a forum provides an opportune arena for patriotic Tanzanian citizens like myself and many others to express our peoples and government’s plight with unscrupulous investors such as the Friedkin Group. Investors anywhere in the world can be a positive catalyst to a country’s development or a negative one. Obviously, Tanzania like any other country seeks to work with the latter; genuine investors who are law-abiding, good tax payers, equal opportunity employers who can be called good corporate citizens and act in good faith. In Tanzania, there are many good foreign investors, however, the government like any other government must be able to weed out the good eggs vis a vis the rotten ones! It is from this context that my discussion is based on.
The Friedkin Groups’ behavior in Tanzania is in fact abysmal and intolerable. Under the guise of so called “philanthropy” and “conservation”, the Friedkin Group practices in Tanzania have been the total opposite of their own very standards carried out in the USA. As the CEO Marc Watts so self-righteously stipulated, “ our companies do not answer to shareholders or respond to the short- term pressures of wall street. We answer to ourselves, with accountability and responsibility for our actions resting with each one of us. We do the right thing and treat people the right way every day, regardless of the situation. Ultimately, how we get things done is just as important as the final result.” However, their actions in Tanzania have been the total opposite and instead characterized by abuse, rape, plunder and exploitation of the Tanzanian people and its natural wildlife wealth. In reading, many of the commentators have failed to respond to the legitimate allegations posted in this forum. Their automatic assumption that the Friedkin Group is right and the Tanzanian Government is wrong is erroneous and baseless. Most of the comments diverge from the real issues at stake in this discussion and in turn raise matters of no relevance to the debate. English is my second language, so perhaps most of the commentators are misunderstanding my presentation of the key points in this debate and therefore feel it is important for me to readdress theseissues again and for them to re-consider their position in light of this genuine complaint and facts presented. This double standard behaviour by the FriedkinGroup of discriminatory pay/promotion practices and reneging on major investment agreements is disrespectful and dishonest! In reality, it is totally unacceptable by any world standard!

OFFSHORE SALARY TAX EVASION SCHEME FOR WHITE EXPATRIATE MANAGERS
As previously stated, the Friedkin Group has been caught “red handed”- evading payroll taxes which consist of Pay As You Earn (PAYE) and Skills Development Levy (SDL) and National Social Security Fund (NSSF) for their white expatriate managers only. This scheme has been authorized by Marc Watts (CEO of Freidkin Group) and Kimbereley Jacobson (Chief Legal Officer of the Friedkin Group) with the knowledge and blessings of Dan Friedkin (Chairman and Proprietor of FG companies worldwide). This plot has been orchestrated for over 30 years and has been beneficial only to white expatriate managers. Local newspapers (Jamhuri& Citizen) have addressed these issues in the local media and presented the evidence to the public openly for review, debate and discussion.
The Friedkin Group of companies in Tanzania has only a few indigenous, African managers who have equivalent qualifications and experience similar to those of the white expatriate managers and in some cases they may even be more qualified. The question here is why are these white expatriate managers paid ten times the salaries that their African counterparts are paid when their qualifications, skills and experience are the same or even more? Moreover, why are the foreign expatriate managers paid tax free salaries into their offshore bank accounts while their Tanzanian affiliate managers are paid less and deducted all taxes from their salaries? Why is this tax free salary arrangement only a privilege and benefit to white expatriate managers and not the indigenous Tanzanian managers? Is this tax evasion scheme carried out by the Friedkin Group in Tanzania acceptable in the USA or anywhere else in the world? The Tanzanian Government has every right to claim and fight for their taxes and to also take any legal measures against the Friedkin Group and its foreign expatriate managers to recover the enormous revenue lost over this time period!! It is the Tanzanian Government’s rightful claim!
What one fails to fathom or comprehend here is the fact that the Friedkin Group (which comprises of stellar companies such as Gulf States Toyota, Auberge Resorts Collection and Imperative Entertainment) can be associated with such an unethical act. The Friedkin Group is a group of companies that has an annual revenue stream of well over USD $ 9 Billion, so why involve itself in such unethical practices. There is no reason for such a Group to evade such petty taxes in the bigger schemes of things. It is utterly nonsensical for such a conglomerate to take part in such an embarrassing tax evasion plot!

Will such a scheme really make the Friedkin Group richer? Or will it help in the accumulation of a larger poolof savings for their overall business empire? Or was it part of their corporate adventurein Africa? Why is this tax evasion scheme not practiced in the USA but is only practiced in Tanzania? Such a decision has led to major consequences for the Group with regards to its brand/ image in Tanzania, Europe (in particular Italy) and the USA! In fact, it has even hurt Toyota’s image due its affiliation with the Friedkin Group through Gulf States Toyota!
Thebehaviour of the Friedkin Group in Tanzania can only be explained by their sheerarrogance and disrespect for the people, Government and wildlife resources availed to them. It is important that all the commentators and observers in this forum look at the facts carefully and rather than form a preconceived idea, they reflect and use a higher moral grounding to form an enlightened opinion. Nowhere in the world is taxevasion justifiable! Nowhere in the world arediscriminatory pay/promotion policies acceptable! It is simply immoral and wrong! It is now time for the Friedkin Group to “ do the right thing and treat people the right way”, as self-righteously stated by Marc Watts. Their blatant hypocrisy and double standards must now come to an end.The Freidkin Group cannot claim innocence here as the facts speak for themselves and the Group must accept responsibility for their actions. The assumption that the Tanzanian Government is wrong and the Friedkin Group is right is completely unjustified. Defrauding any Government or person in the world is unacceptable behaviour!

RENEGING ON STRATEGIC INVESTMENT STATUS AWARD/ AGREEMENT
In August of 2015, the Friedkin Group of companies in Tanzania was awarded a Strategic Investment Status (SIS). This award protected the Friedkin’s already existing investment in Tanzania and further required the Group to inject an additional investment of USD $ 100 Million. Mr Dan Friedkin , proprietor of the Friedkin Group, personally wrote to his Excellency President John PombeMagufuli (JPM) to commit to his promise of a further investment of USD $ 100 Million into Tanzania. This investment as per the SIS proposal presented to the Government consisted of seven (7) ultra-luxury lodges to be developed in their concession areas, game reserves as well as national parks and an elephant orphanage in Arusha. In fact, the Friedkin Group commitment was to invest USD $ 10 Million per annum for the next ten years starting from 2015 to 2025. The main objective of the Friedkins’ additional investment commitment of USD $ 100 Million was to create economic value for their wildlife areas by developing a tourism facility that would generate employment for the surrounding local communities , increase tax revenue for the Government and protect these wildlife areas. Unfortunately, to date not even a single dollar has been invested to develop these sevenlodgesorthe elephant orphanage. Instead, the Friedkin Group has conducted a major retrenchment exercise where employees who had worked for the Group for a lifetime lost their jobs. To our Government’s surprise, the total opposite of what was promised by the Friedkin Group in their SIS proposal has occurred.
It is clear that Dan Friedkin’s personal commitment to President Magufuli was not genuine. In fact, what has clearly transpired is that Dan Friedkin and his Group have reneged on their SIS investment promises. To date, the Friedkin Group is short by USD $ 50 Million in their promised investment. It is now evident that Dan Friedkin’s ultimate goal with the SIS award was not to invest in Tanzania but was rather to secure a 30 year protection over his concession areas for his own personal enjoyment as well as his so called “friends” and family. It is common knowledge to the staff at his camps what type of “friends” Mr Friedkin receives and the activities that take placeon his regular yearly visits.

Are these the type of investors Tanzania really needs? It comes as no surprise that the Government of Tanzania has recently revoked the Friedkin’s wildlife areas such as Ugallaand Mayowosi and it will come as no surprise if Maswa is revoked too. No genuine investor behaves in such a fashion where part and parcel of his code of conduct is to cheat the Government of their taxes and make false promises that he does not heed. Tanzania under his Excellency John PombeMagufuli is looking for genuine investors who not only want to invest in the country to make a profit but who also have a conscious to create employment for the locals so as to improve their socio-economic conditions; promote locals to key management positions and treat them fairly with dignity and respect ; and investors who are honest and fulfill their commitments and promises. Fake investors are not needed in Tanzania.
It is true to say that Tanzania like any other third world country has its challenges. Yes, investing in Africa and Tanzania is not easy or for the faint hearted but we all know that Tanzania is well endowed with mineral resources, good weather, prime wildlife concession areas, fertile agricultural land, a youthful labourforce anda growing potential market spanning the East African region . The opportunities here are immense. Tanzania’s government is faced with real problems such a poverty and malnutrition. However, the Governmentunder his Excellency JPM genuinely wants to tackle these problems and wants to work with genuine investors who have their best interest at heart and the country’s too. In short, Tanzania to confront these socio-economic challenges requires investors with a higher moral grounding that genuinely want to make a difference and act in good faith.
The Friedkin Group can no longer continue operating in Tanzania in their old, archaic, colonial style. Tanzania has changed and so has the Government. In fact, this forum providesthe Friedkin Group with the platform to self-evaluate itself as a Company with regards to their modus of operandi in Tanzania. This critical self-reflection or self-analysis is important for the Group to make any form of headway in the country. A 30 year span of non-profitability, tax evasion scams/plots and lack of indigenous African key executive officers in the company can no longer suffice. Sending Mr Negre to solicit more friends ( which is well-known in official circles) in high places to resolve their dispute with the Government of Tanzania will not change their predicament! An absolute about turn or reverse in their approach in attitude, management and ethics is a prerequisite for this matter to come to an amicable conclusion. It is important for the Group to realize that their flaws lie in their inherent arrogance and disrespect of the Tanzanian people and itsGovernment. The Friedkin Group’s paramount belief that their wealth is the absolute solution to mending their problems with the Government is incorrect. What the Friedkin Group needs to learn is a basic principle which is ‘integrity trumps wealth’ !
In conclusion, the same way Americans bitterly complain about the Russian interference in the American political process, is the same way Tanzanians feel about the Friedkin Group meddling with our political arena. It is no secret that the Friedkin Group have spent vast sums of money hiring an exclusive Law Firm and PR/Lobby Company to influence the International and Tanzanian media/pressto carry out an aggressive PR campaign against our Government and its senior officials in an attempt to sway our Government’sdecision in the award of one of their prime concession areas.The worrying point here is that the Friedkin Group is under the assumption that because they are not accountable to shareholders like publicly traded companies their actions and activities in countries like Tanzania cannot be scrutinized under a microscope like publicly traded companies. This fact is wrong and is simply a mere illusion. There a severe consequences in the USA for such actions and these consequences are not small.
It is well-known in all public circles thatthe Friedkin Group have threatened to leave Tanzania for a long time now (since 2013). However, they still continue to remain here - year in, year out! In all honesty, we as Tanzanians dare the Friedkin Group to leave Tanzania but not prior to them settling their tax liabilities. Upon settling their debts, they will be more than welcome to leave and go prey on any other third world state! Take note, Tanzania will survive long after the Friedkin Group move on to predate and abuse other underdeveloped nations like Tanzania.
For Dan Friedkin, my simple advice is, you are fortunate to have inherited such wealth, such wealth if correctly used can make a difference not only in generating you more wealth but in also changing peoples’ lives. The question is what legacy do you want to leave behind, one tainted with negative scandals and publicity in Tanzania or one where you have actually made a positive difference in peoples’ lives! The choice is yours Mr Dan Friedkin and the time is now! Dan Friedkin, “Do the right thing”, as your motto expressed by Marc Watts so rightly states.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
First off, thank you for expressing your point of view. Unfortunately, while English may be your second language, your understanding of business is abysmal - that means bad.

Other than your emotional accusation that the Friedkin Group is responsible for “abuse, rape, plunder and exploitation of the Tanzanian people and its natural wildlife wealth”, your main complaint is they pay their offshore managers and executive staff differently than they pay their Tanzania staff. Interesting that you say however, that the Tanzania staffs’ taxes are properly paid. So apparently the Friedkin Group folks aren’t quite the criminals you make them out to be.

Salary discrepancy is a fact of life or I should say a fact of business. Workers of equal talent are rewarded differently. It is in fact discriminatory, but not in the manner most wish to believe. Has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with attitude and work performance. Those who work harder and are loyal to the company are rewarded more than their coworkers. That's life.

There is nothing illegal about an international company hiring someone for another country, putting them into a management position within the international division, paying them differently than their friends back home and paying their salaries and taxes offshore. If it were illegal, every international company in the world would be behind bars.

Further you accuse them of “reneging on major investment agreements”. In light of the baseless and ignorant claims the government is currently making and the track record of a corrupt government - do you really blame them? Why would they or any other investor want to come to Tanzania? It takes a stable and somewhat uncorrupt government (again This Is Africa so one expects a very high level of corruption regardless) to give investors enough confidence to invest. The Friedkin Group's reluctance to invest further is more of a commentary on your corrupt government and less on them honoring their investment plans.

The real center point of your complaint is the same complaint between the have’s and have not’s around the globe - The Friedkin Group has an annual revenue stream of "well over USD $ 9 Billion", therefore they should pay the staff and the government more. Wealth envy in any language is just as ugly. Again, Life isn’t fair; you should get used to it.

In regards to your complaint that the Friedkin Group is meddling in your government. Maybe they should be and maybe your loyalty to the President and government representatives is misplaced. Politicians in Africa have an abysmal (bad) reputation for stealing their own country’s wealth and expecting the producers and investors to cover the losses. While I do not know the inner workings of Tanzania, I wouldn’t at all be surprised to learn that the people of Tanzania are being abused, raped, plundered and exploited by their very own leadership and this whole ugly matter is simply a diversion to cover their workings. Won’t be the first time this has happened on the Continent.

TIA

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UPt9pGfpmS0" width="750"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I need to hunt up this film, "Empire of Dust," by a Belgian filmmaker, 2011.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16287 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's an interesting read - https://www.ganintegrity.com/p...y-profiles/tanzania/

Why anyone would want to invest there is beyond me. But it is a beautiful place nonetheless...

posted Hide Post

what can friedkin group say about this???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A ransom payment.

But like the ransom payment to Iran, I am sure it will be put to good use. tu2

Maybe the President will send a Christmas Card to his people from his chateau in Switzerland this year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When will this ass clown get banned????

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1016 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I said, he is providing folks with valuable insight into the African POV when it comes to international investors and developers trying to generate prosperity on the continent.

Wish more would participate here. As folks will learn, it's pretty frightening to see what we are up against. They will gladly kill the golden goose just because they are hungry that day. There is no concept of tomorrow...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As I said, he is providing folks with valuable insight into the African POV when it comes to international investors and developers trying to generate prosperity on the continent.

Wish more would participate here. As folks will learn, it's pretty frightening to see what we are up against. They will gladly kill the golden goose just because they are hungry that day. There is no concept of tomorrow...

Your last statement is so true.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Your last statement is so true.

I personally know several people, with successful business here, who have tried setting up business in several African countries.

Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda and Egypt.

All of them came out of it feeling like they have been dealing with 10 year olds who think they are in a candy store and can have as much as they like without paying for it!

The last one set up a phone company in Egypt.

His partner in Egypt refused to pay him money he owed him, for using his company name.

The stupid Egyptian did not have enough brains to stay away from the UAE.

He arrived at the airport, and was immediately arrested.

Did not leave jail until all his debts were paid!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Modern Africa!

This is what one gets when Africans get “self determination”.

It is in their tribal blood!

Tolerance and sharing the wealth of the country does not exists to them!

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Corruption is almost everywhere in Africa.

It is so endemic, that it is more or less expected by proprietors of legitimate businesses, and facilitates illegal activities of the worst kind.

Empty charges and blatant hypocrisy are no cure or defense.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13313 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
He should change his name from a cryfromtanzania to paymybribesfromtanzania!

Would fit him perfectly!

You wish to improve your country?

Clean it up!

Foreign investors would come in, once they are assured of a good working environment!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Its amazing how we sit and judge Africa, and how few make decisions that simply won't work over yonder...After our decision to clean up RSA, I have little faith that we can actually clean up someone elses country, we have enough problems with our own these days..

Ive found Africa quite easy to get things done, if you understand the mind set..that mostly being politeness and less demanding..BTW they "bribe" on top of the table, we bribe underneath the table..

I like my country, and its the best IMO, but I have learned to deal and survive In Mexico and Africa and a few others, they are just different. Changes can work both ways.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41752 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Here’s the problem with that view, Ray.

Nowadays ain’t like the old days.

Used to be when you bought a politician, the SOB stayed bought!

Nowadays, if you do that, all you will have done is start up a bidding war.

Trying to lighten the mood here, but not even kidding . . . .

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13313 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you bribe one foreign official, be prepared to bribe them all. Once you are labeled a bitch, you become everyone's whore.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you bribe one foreign official, be prepared to bribe them all. Once you are labeled a bitch, you become everyone's whore.

Exactly!

Just look what is happening in the rest of the world!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The saying in Africa is - No politician ever bought a Mercedes.... but they are all driving them.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
The saying in Africa is - No politician ever bought a Mercedes.... but they are all driving them.

Yes, the “WaBenzi”

posted Hide Post
..Is this the best argument anyone here can present...that its all the Africans fault and the Whites have no responsibility for the Friedkin Group disaster in Tanzania ...?

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by acryfromtanzanian@gmail.com:
..Is this the best argument anyone here can present...that its all the Africans fault and the Whites have no responsibility for the Friedkin Group disaster in Tanzania ...?

And you are whom?

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Modern Africa!

This is what one gets when Africans get “self determination”.

It is in their tribal blood!

Tolerance and sharing the wealth of the country does not exists to them!

Great link Saeed.

Kind of reminds me of Hunter Biden how she, as the daughter of the president, gained access to siphon off oil company funds.

But he's just one of many ... on both sides of the political isle.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark

I think we and particularly folks from Western countries tend to think all countries should run with the populous having significant input in running the government. Tribalism is alive and well in Africa and basically that means that the populous is there to enrich whoever has taken power. When the white colonist left the indigenous population went directly back to what they knew. They may have used the veneer of a democratic government but that was never really the goal. That seems pretty simplistic but to me that explains a lot about why Africa is such a mess. Indigenous Africans for most part don't want a Western style democracy. I'm no expert on Africa but I've discussed this with folks that are and they don't see any real changes coming soon.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote