THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    South Africa 603,338 Covid-19 cases 8-21-2020
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South Africa 603,338 Covid-19 cases 8-21-2020
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
No Testing = No Cases

Without testing data and hospital surveillance feedback, no one has any idea to the extent COVID-19 is rampant or quiet in Africa. The WHO is reporting they only have 62 workers for the entire continent. So information is sketchy at best.

South America is seeing growing activity of COVID. But this is probably due to the fact that South America has a much better standard of healthcare and access to hospitals where testing and treatment is being conducted.

The flu season starts over the next few months on the African continent, so maybe then we will see infection rate data. Considering the rate of Tuberculosis infections in Africa (which is far less infectious than COVID-19), I do not see how Africans avoid the COVID pandemic. Considering the underlying poor health and infectious diseases within the population, they certainly are not the healthiest folks on the planet.

+1!

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
No Testing = No Cases

Without testing data and hospital surveillance feedback, no one has any idea to the extent COVID-19 is rampant or quiet in Africa. The WHO is reporting they only have 62 workers for the entire continent. So information is sketchy at best.

South America is seeing growing activity of COVID. But this is probably due to the fact that South America has a much better standard of healthcare and access to hospitals where testing and treatment is being conducted.

The flu season starts over the next few months on the African continent, so maybe then we will see infection rate data. Considering the rate of Tuberculosis infections in Africa (which is far less infectious than COVID-19), I do not see how Africans avoid the COVID pandemic. Considering the underlying poor health and infectious diseases within the population, they certainly are not the healthiest folks on the planet.

Prior immunity, unfavorable climate??? Or possibly the death-rate “increase” is too low to notice???

Chinese contamination of other populations was likely more rampant in Africa than anywhere else. They do seem the perfect population for it to spread like wildfire. Thus to me...it seems it should have taken off rampantly months ago there...if it were going to. I am skeptical it is going to have much effect in Africa.

True on the death rate. In Namibia we lose 5% -7% of our staff every year to the slow puncture (AIDS), drinking (folks actually can drink themselves to death), car smashups (just another Saturday night as we say), murder, old age (50ish), and a smattering of cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Another 3% would be hard to notice.

Interestingly, the largest Chinese embassy is in Windhoek. The moment that COVID-19 became public, early January, they went into hiding - most likely for fear of their lives. Chinese New Year also helped as many returned to China and could not or more accurately will not return.... ever. Two of the first cases in Namibia were French tourists, and the rest came from SA. Fortunately no widespread infections have been reported - our population of only 2.4 million and wide open spaces helped. Of course the country is still on lock down until further notice. Roll Eyes

Flu season is coming, so lots more will be dying or as we say, just another day in Africa.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys,

some news from Up North..

Government announces today a partial reopening of kindergarddens and primary school level 1-4 from the 20th of April. Next level and secondary school from the 27th of April. High schools and University partial re-opening from 27th depending on graduation exam or not. Same goes for hairdressers and similar - allowed to have customers within some regulation. Aircompanies, restaurants and bars so far pretty much closed, but bars and restaurants can have guests under strict regulations. Some travel regulatons within county lifted from the 20th. Large sportsarrangments, shows and gatherings still forbidden until 15th of June.

Stay tuned...

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
It is concerning to me if all of the Chinese high officials left the large embassies in Windhoek and Johannesburg months before the outbreak. Also Russia and North Korea seem to be doing well.

Below are four rhetorical questions.
1. Did China modify Covid 19 and intentionally use it as a biological weapon?

2. Was it a biological weapon in their arsenal that they could not contain?

3. Is Corona a natural virus and they are simply embarrassed so they are covering up the amount of people that have died.?

4. For the last two, how long has this been around and when did they warn their close allies?

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cap - who really knows but I feel confident that in late November the Chinese government knew what hell had been born in Wuhan and only informed their embassies what was happening. Most likely our intelligence services were also informed though the usual spying network.

There is no reason to believe COVID-19 is a weaponized version of the Coronavirus. If so, it was a massive fail as the mortality numbers to known cases is quite low for a bioweapon. Anyhow, there are much more effective means.

I do not believe the Chinese government warned anyone outside of their central government.

I do believe the Chinese purposely allowed COVID to escape their country so that it wasn't just the Chinese economy that tanked.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
That makes sense. Time for us to start paying more for items and bring back local business. All of the wallmarts, harbor freights, sams, costcos etc. may suffer for a while but it is worth it.

US Government needs to purchase the large agriculture companies China has purchased throughout the US. Bring back the prison farms as a major food source. Chinese own Smithfield Foods slaughters 40,0000 hogs per day at one location here in NC. Most of that meat is shipped to Shanghai.

Read today that they have been purchasing great amounts of US stocks the past few weeks.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, here in South Africa we are now in day 13 of lockdown. The total number of confirmed cases is 1749, 13 people have died, 58095 tests have been performed.

This past weekend I did the training for donning and doffing PPE as being an anaesthetist I am on the intubation team for Covid19 cases in ICU.

Thus far at our hospital one case has been admitted to ICU. We are waiting for the bomb to explode but since lockdown new cases has been less than 100/day.

I am at home, spending time fixing up my camping trailer, hunting rig and other mundane tasks that I never get to.

The epidemic is growing much slower than expected. Are we only going to face the storm later? What is happening?

For some reason it seems that Covid19 is not really getting traction in Africa. A couple of theories are bandied about and I’ll touch on 2.

In South Africa nearly the whole population has been immunised with BCG vaccine against tuberculosis. There is speculation that it may offer some protection against Covid19???

The Covid19 virus binds to the ACE2 enzyme which is part of blood pressure control physiology. Black people have lower ACE2 levels than Caucasians as is reflected in hypertension treatment protocols. The implication, who knows?

For the moment I am quite happy hiding for the virus as one of 5 million whites between more than 40 million blacks! Only time will tell how this is going to develop in Africa.

The way I see this globally is somethings needs to be burned on the altar; either the vulnerable segment of the population or the economy.

This may well be our generations Great Depression or World War.

Posts: 398 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Balule - Thank you very much for the information. As you know, the government is releasing only a limited amount of informaiton on the spread of the pandemic and I am not sure anyone really trusts what is being released. So it's good to have an inside view of what's really happening.

I will say it is curious (in a good way) that more in southern Africa have not succumbed to the virus. I am sure it will be the focus of many studies to come.

Please keep us posted on what you are seeing and stay safe and healthy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnDL:
We see the Wuhan virus ravaging New York City and New Orleans -- but not Cairo or Dar es Salaam. Why? Dar is essentially a 2.5 million person slum. Anyone who's ever been to Tanzania knows the very strong Chinese connection. They had to have been thoroughly exposed to the virus and from an early date. Their reporting of cases may not be as organized as in first world countries but if Dar would have had thousands of cases that would be very apparent. Clearly, there's some dynamic here that we don't understand.

If you look at the stats...I am not sure ravaging is the correct verb. Certainly it is not good and warranted precautions albeit my opinion is we have leapt off the deep-end in this country.

That said...I agree with your observations...see my other post.

It possibly could be that the “increase” in death numbers is so low and the symptoms so ambiguous that it goes unnoticed. Or it could be the things I mentioned in my other post.

I think it's safe to say that people in the densely populated Dar slums are not holed up in isolation as we are (if they don't work today they don't eat tomorrow). Likewise, I'll bet they're not using masks and hand sanitizers. Also safe to say that if the average person gets sick they have lttle access to any supportive medical care. Even in the absence of testing for Wuhan, given what we've been told, there should be hordes of people dying of respiratory failure in the streets. The media would delight in showing us such pictures if they exist. Why aren't we seeing this? As opposed to the US and Europe, I doubt they have many nursing homes filled with 90 yo people with lives being artificially extended by modern medicine. If we did not have these in first world countries I think that you'd have very few fatalities.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
We see the Wuhan virus ravaging New York City and New Orleans -- but not Cairo or Dar es Salaam. Why? Dar is essentially a 2.5 million person slum. Anyone who's ever been to Tanzania knows the very strong Chinese connection. They had to have been thoroughly exposed to the virus and from an early date. Their reporting of cases may not be as organized as in first world countries but if Dar would have had thousands of cases that would be very apparent. Clearly, there's some dynamic here that we don't understand.

If you look at the stats...I am not sure ravaging is the correct verb. Certainly it is not good and warranted precautions albeit my opinion is we have leapt off the deep-end in this country.

It possibly could be that the “increase” in death numbers is so low and the symptoms so ambiguous that it goes unnoticed. Or it could be the things I mentioned in my other post.

I think it's safe to say that people in the densely populated Dar slums are not holed up in isolation as we are (if they don't work today they don't eat tomorrow). Likewise, I'll bet they're not using masks and hand sanitizers. Also safe to say that if the average person gets sick they have lttle access to any supportive medical care. Even in the absence of testing for Wuhan, given what we've been told, there should be hordes of people dying of respiratory failure in the streets. The media would delight in showing us such pictures if they exist. Why aren't we seeing this? As opposed to the US and Europe, I doubt they have many nursing homes filled with 90 yo people with lives being artificially extended by modern medicine. If we did not have these in first world countries I think that you'd have very few fatalities.

Excellent Point

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If we did not have these in first world countries I think that you'd have very few fatalities.

I guess you have to pick your poison. We could have constant disease and misery killing us so we wouldn’t have to worry about covid 19. Now that’s logic for you.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balule:
Well, here in South Africa we are now in day 13 of lockdown. The total number of confirmed cases is 1749, 13 people have died, 58095 tests have been performed.

This past weekend I did the training for donning and doffing PPE as being an anaesthetist I am on the intubation team for Covid19 cases in ICU.

Thus far at our hospital one case has been admitted to ICU. We are waiting for the bomb to explode but since lockdown new cases has been less than 100/day.

I am at home, spending time fixing up my camping trailer, hunting rig and other mundane tasks that I never get to.

The epidemic is growing much slower than expected. Are we only going to face the storm later? What is happening?

For some reason it seems that Covid19 is not really getting traction in Africa. A couple of theories are bandied about and I’ll touch on 2.

In South Africa nearly the whole population has been immunised with BCG vaccine against tuberculosis. There is speculation that it may offer some protection against Covid19???

The Covid19 virus binds to the ACE2 enzyme which is part of blood pressure control physiology. Black people have lower ACE2 levels than Caucasians as is reflected in hypertension treatment protocols. The implication, who knows?

For the moment I am quite happy hiding for the virus as one of 5 million whites between more than 40 million blacks! Only time will tell how this is going to develop in Africa.

The way I see this globally is somethings needs to be burned on the altar; either the vulnerable segment of the population or the economy.

This may well be our generations Great Depression or World War.

Looking at the daily stats for testing by country, South Africa is the only country that appears to be doing regularly testing in Africa. Other African countries have not recorded a positive test in April. Maybe they do not have any cases or they are not doing any testing.

Also Chicago is having 75% Blacks VS non black 25% in the Corona-Virus death stats. Again one of the few who is keeping records by race. Although I think other states were being asked to now report race on there records.

Just looking at the USA it appears from reporting that have read that less affluent areas are harder impacted than middle class or wealthy neighborhoods.

I do think that the USA media is trying to make this a race issue or a living standard issue. It does not help when you read some Hollywood types saying the they received preferential treatment in their recovery from Corona Virus.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Possible cases in black community of Gwanda, Zimbabwe.

https://www.operanewsapp.com/z...6e68db82a1&from=news

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe the virus does not like the heat and humidity?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Believe you are dead right Andrew.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Believe you are dead right Andrew.

In theory, Africa not Italy should be raging with the virus? We ignore procedures and all the rules and regulations. We are an open door I would have thought?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
C-19 cases and death tolls south of the Equator:

RSA 1800 - 83 dead
Zambia 39 - 1 dead
TZ 25 - 1 dead
Zim 11 - 2 dead
Uganda 52 - 0 dead
Moz 17 - 0 dead

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:

RSA 1800 - 83 dead
Zambia 39 - 1 dead
TZ 25 - 1 dead
Zim 11 - 2 dead
Uganda 52 - 0 dead
Moz 17 - 0 dead

African countries (along with much of South America) are the countries, along with the United States, in which the lowest level of actual testing is being done. In the U.S. at the current time, 149 out of 150 people have NOT been tested. I'm sure the ratio is similarly large in the Southern Hemisphere.

If you don't know how many people are infected and who and where they are it is impossible to draw any real conclusions regarding the nature of an infection.

However, it is a fact that cold weather decreases the body's resistance to the coronavirus family (which includes the common cold virus). Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that the infection, which surfaced during the Northern Hemisphere winter would be slower to spread in the Southern Hemisphere's summer. Very little of the Southern Hemisphere is subject to really cold weather, but what happens in parts of S. Africa, Namibia, Argentina, Chile, etc. as cold weather does occur may tell us something of whether the covid-19 virus "dislikes" colder weather. The same is true as to whether we see some reduction in the rate of infection in the U.S. as warmer weather approaches.

Obviously, warmer and more humid weather isn't a huge or controlling factor since New Orleans is a hot spot for infection. But comparing relatively cold and heavily infected New York with relatively warm and more lightly infected California, one might draw the inference that warmer weather may have some small retarding impact on the spread of the virus.

And no, Mr. President, it won't "just go away in April".

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Johns Hopkins University, sent this excellent summary to avoid contagion. it is very clear:

* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.

* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.

* NO BACTERICIDE SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with anthobiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, because it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates). ), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.

* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.

* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.

* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.

* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.

* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.

* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.

* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.

* This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.

* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better. * Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The debate on whether viruses are living or not...is an age old debate going back to 1953. It is far from settled science that they are NOT living organisms.

As a practitioner dealing constantly with virus outbreaks in the animal world and with constant study of the biochemistry of viruses and the biochemical association with both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells...I find it very hard to go down this path that viruses are not living.

Thus I reject this NOT a living organism hard-line approach. I can see their points in why they don't fit the arbitrary definition of life...but that definition is just that--arbitrary.

Atheist/total evolutionists favor the line that viruses are just replicating nucleic acids with protein coverings. This helps them give rise to their theory that all just evolved from a soup of chemicals. The truth is much deeper when you study the viral biochemical relationship with known livingrespirating cells.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
quote:

RSA 1800 - 83 dead
Zambia 39 - 1 dead
TZ 25 - 1 dead
Zim 11 - 2 dead
Uganda 52 - 0 dead
Moz 17 - 0 dead

African countries (along with much of South America) are the countries, along with the United States, in which the lowest level of actual testing is being done. In the U.S. at the current time, 149 out of 150 people have NOT been tested. I'm sure the ratio is similarly large in the Southern Hemisphere.

If you don't know how many people are infected and who and where they are it is impossible to draw any real conclusions regarding the nature of an infection.

However, it is a fact that cold weather decreases the body's resistance to the coronavirus family (which includes the common cold virus).

Sorry, but that is not a fact. It is more likely that cooler temperatures provide a better environment for viral survival on inanimate surfaces and put people in closer contact more often--hastening spread.

Also, human corona virus is just one of several known viruses which cause the upper respiratory infections we refer to as the "common cold." Most virologists suggest that there are many circulating viruses which commonly cause cold-like symptoms in which we have yet to discover.

Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that the infection, which surfaced during the Northern Hemisphere winter would be slower to spread in the Southern Hemisphere's summer.

Possible for the reasons I outlined above involving viral survival.

Very little of the Southern Hemisphere is subject to really cold weather, but what happens in parts of S. Africa, Namibia, Argentina, Chile, etc. as cold weather does occur may tell us something of whether the covid-19 virus "dislikes" colder weather.

True

The same is true as to whether we see some reduction in the rate of infection in the U.S. as warmer weather approaches.

True...but likely based on what know about this and other similar viruses.

Obviously, warmer and more humid weather isn't a huge or controlling factor since New Orleans is a hot spot for infection.

Maybe or maybe not...it was not that terribly warm there when (January-March)most of the virus circulated causing the seen cases. Plus, the most susceptible populations are over represented there (N O) in extreme close proximity. The upcoming weeks will be more telling.

But comparing relatively cold and heavily infected New York with relatively warm and more lightly infected California, one might draw the inference that warmer weather may have some small retarding impact on the spread of the virus.

And no, Mr. President, it won't "just go away in April".

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just heard from my buddy in South Africa that the govt is extending their lockdown for another two weeks......

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The following is from a book I am currently reading.

A PLANET OF VIRUSES!

Very scary how many are around, and when one makes the jump to us.

We’d be better prepared for these emergencies if they didn’t always come as such surprises. The next plague may start when yet another virus in some wild animal jumps into our species—a virus we might not yet even know about. To reduce that ignorance, scientists are surveying animals, searching for bits of genetic material from viruses. But because we live on a planet of viruses, that task is enormous. Ian Lipkin and his colleagues at Columbia University trapped 133 rats in New York City and discovered 18 new species of viruses that are closely related to human pathogens. In another study in Bangladesh, they examined a bat called the Indian flying fox and tried to identify every single virus that calls it home. They identified 55 species, 50 of which are new to science. We can’t say which, if any, of these newly discovered viruses will create a great epidemic. But that doesn’t mean that we can simply ignore them. Instead, we need to stay vigilant, so that we can block them before they get a chance to make the great leap into our species.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:

RSA 1800 - 83 dead
Zambia 39 - 1 dead
TZ 25 - 1 dead
Zim 11 - 2 dead
Uganda 52 - 0 dead
Moz 17 - 0 dead

Your info is incorrect. Death toll in South Africa is currently 18 out of 1934 confirmed cases.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
Difficult to obtain up to date reporting.

Benin - Passengers are subject to a quarantine for 14 days.
Botswana - passengers can no longer obtain a visa on arrival in Botswana.
Burlina Faso - The country's airports are closed.
Cameroon - On March 17, the government shut down land, air and sea borders.
Congo - has closed its borders and all airports.
South Africa - barred entry to foreign travelers arriving from or transiting through high risk countries. The USA is included.
Zambia - All international flights must arrive at Kenneth Kaunda International Lusaka Airport.. Passengers and airline crew must be quarantined for at least 14 days at their own cost.
Zimbabwe - All borders will be closed to human traffic, except for returning residents.

Botswana - 6
Benin - 23
Zambia - 39
Namibia - 16
Zimbabwe - 10
Mozambique - 10
Tanzania - 24
Congo - 45
DR Congo - 161
Cameroon - 658
Burkina Faso - 345
South Africa - 1686

to keep a record or daily movement

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
one good thing that will come from this virus is that China will have such a bad name in the world that they will be pushed back and stay where they belong.

They'll spin it in such a way that it will be America's fault specifically Trump's especially with the media on their side. A recent survey among liberal college students had majority of them blame Trump rather than the Chinese for Covid-19, go figure.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RVABcl5qPA0

Aieesh!!

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
one good thing that will come from this virus is that China will have such a bad name in the world that they will be pushed back and stay where they belong.

They'll spin it in such a way that it will be America's fault specifically Trump's especially with the media on their side. A recent survey among liberal college students had majority of them blame Trump rather than the Chinese for Covid-19, go figure.

People have to turn off the lying MSM or they will continue to control our lives with propaganda. They survive because we turn on their networks.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, it is a fact that cold weather decreases the body's resistance to the coronavirus family (which includes the common cold virus).

Sorry, but that is not a fact. It is more likely that cooler temperatures provide a better environment for viral survival on inanimate surfaces and put people in closer contact more often--hastening spread.

Lane, We'll just have to disagree on this. I realize that some clinicians debate this, and the cold weather infection phenomenon may have multiple facets, but cold stress certainly reduces mammalian immune capacities. I'm sure you've run across this in your practice where animals which are neither exposed to hard surfaces or closer contact suffer from cold weather infections that would not be a problem in warmer weather.

Still, I suspect is it folly to expect the covid-19 infections to abate substantially simply due to warmer weather.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
quote:

Lane, We'll just have to disagree on this. I realize that some clinicians debate this, and the cold weather infection phenomenon may have multiple facets, but cold stress certainly

Not to beat a dead horse...but not the kind of cold people are likely exposed to in today's times. Simple winter temperatures and being out side for a while like deer hunting do not weaken the immune system. Yes...if you are out feeding cattle in teen degree weather, stick the truck with no cell phone 5 miles from help, walk out wearing only a light jacket, slip fall in a tank, and walk back to the house soaking wet in with a 35 mph north wind...yes. reduces mammalian immune capacities.

I'm sure you've run across this in your practice where animals which are neither exposed to hard surfaces or closer contact suffer from cold weather infections that would not be a problem in warmer weather.

Actually it is the opposite for horses (I only work on horses). Keeping them too warm in the winter promotes respiratory disease. Good study done out of HDM in Lexington, KY on blanketing horses...it was bad for them. But...horses were evolved to be artic animals and tolerate even extreme cold temperatures well. Sudden extreme changes (similar to my chilled man example) do cause problems. Respiratory infectious disease in the horse is concentrated in the warmer months.

Still, I suspect is it folly to expect the covid-19 infections to abate substantially simply due to warmer weather.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
making a note for tracking

quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
Difficult to obtain up to date reporting.

Daily increases are being reported in a few African countries.

Botswana - 13
Benin - 35
Zambia - 40
Namibia - 16
Zimbabwe - 13
Mozambique - 20
Tanzania - 32
Congo - 60
DR Congo - 215
Cameroon - 820
Burkina Faso - 443
South Africa - 2003

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The official Zim gvt report says 3 as of yesterday. One of those was an elderly white man. The white man is the only person any of the white community actually know for sure of.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Only work on horses? Oh Lane

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is happening, or more to the point isn't happening, in Africa in regards to COVID-19 is a conundrum. It has nothing to do with closed borders or any action the governments have taken as all of that is largely for show. But the lack of cases and hospitalizations is perplexing.

Lack of testing is certainly one reason for low numbers, but the lack of testing does not account for the lack of hospitalizations and deaths. Granted, dying in Africa is their favorite pastime and a few more million a month would hardly make a dent, however, something else is at play.

It will be interesting to see where all this leads.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is happening, or more to the point isn't happening, in Africa in regards to COVID-19 is a conundrum. It has nothing to do with closed borders or any action the governments have taken as all of that is largely for show. But the lack of cases and hospitalizations is perplexing.

Maybe it started in Africa and moved on from there?

Lack of testing is certainly one reason for low numbers, but the lack of testing does not account for the lack of hospitalizations and deaths. Granted, dying in Africa is their favorite pastime and a few more million a month would hardly make a dent, however, something else is at play.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:
Only work on horses? Oh Lane

Is that supposed to mean something?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

I keep saying...were it going to run rampant in Africa...it would have take off already. They are highly exposed to the Chinese and for months of the beginning of this.

The elderly white fellow in Zim was exposed to some infected Europeans in a Hwange camp.

In the US...it appears the black community represents and higher proportion of cases.

Thus...must be something unique to the black population in Africa...maybe prior exposure or I guess possibly TB vaccination or antimalarial use.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Yes! Just an old hog and cattle farmer giving you a hard time. holycow

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:
Yes! Just an old hog and cattle farmer giving you a hard time. holycow

While it has been good to me...I admit...I could have made better choices. Big Grin

My whole family just about ranches cattle or works in the oil industry or both.

J. Lane Easter, DVM