THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    The Passing of a Friend and Great African-AlaskanHunter

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Passing of a Friend and Great African-AlaskanHunter
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Just lost another good friend and fellow hunter that took me under his wing in 1993 and since then made many African and Alaskan Hunts with him...
OTTO CANDIES...many knew him or heard of him in his heyday...World Class Man and Hunter
It was a privilege to know and hunt with him! Frowner

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very sad to hear this.

My condolences.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66902 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post

The Hunt where we chased a herd of Buff non stop fast paced for 4 hrs on the last day ...I needed to fill one more tag and when I we got close in some heavier brush after a long stalk on our stomachs I slowly stood up and fired my .577NE 1920's Wesley...He didn't drop so I fired again!..We walked up and Lord and Behold two Dead Buff! Otto was elated and high 5'd me! I was in shock and the PH was not happy! One of my fondest memories with Ot..He was so proud of me!

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. I met Otto several times at various Louisiana Safari club meetings etc.
Sadly many of those legendary guys like Al Cheramie and Tony Guilbeau are no longer with us.
My condolences to his family,

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Otto was a great sportsman and a truly avid hunter of all types of game, snipe to elephant. He also took time to meet with a couple of Africa novices who wanted to hunt with iron sighted revolvers, which he probably knew as much or more about than anybody.
RIP

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a wonderful human being.

The hunting fraternities loss.

Sorry for yours.

Posts: 2585 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry to hear of your friends loss. I was interested in this because I knew an Otto Candies from the Tug boat and shipping industry that I hunted with twice in Kerr County Texas in the late 1990's. The Candies were a well known and respected name in the industry.

However the Otto Candies I knew would have been from an older generation than the pictures here, so maybe a relative? No need to speculate or reply, again I am truly sorry for the loss of friends, good and ethical hunters, and the legacy they leave for others.

Posts: 236 | Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Yes this is the person I am sure..he is the oldest gentleman with grayish hair in all of these photos...Thank You Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
However the Otto Candies I knew would have been from an older generation than the pictures here, so maybe a relative? No need to speculate or reply, again I am truly sorry for the loss of friends, good and ethical hunters, and the legacy they leave for others.

The person you speak of was Capt. Otto Candies, Sr. His son, Otto Candies Jr., recently passed away. Fine gentlemen, both.