New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, it happened again!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Facebook has a post about a "baby" elephant shot by a hunter. Here is some of the text:

"They killed a baby elephant! The hunting company is Charlton McCallum Hunting Safaris. The owner is Buzz Charlton. The professional hunter is Max Delezenne and the trophy hunter is Mike Jines, the owner of TopGen Energy."
Don't know if that is our own MJINES.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep and this is a recycle of the events. That's the sad part of posting things in Cyberspace - a moment of bravado will last for the ages.

This isn't helping our cause.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Surely there is more to it than posted above.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The truth doesn't matter to the activists and psychopaths.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crshelton:
Surely there is more to it than posted above.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/6541089642/p/1

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 817 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
The sad part is you google search for "Top Gen Energy" and the first couple of pages of results is about killing a baby elephant.

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
ThankS to you that provided the background information on the hunt and on the results of the search (which I did ).

So this is old news as the hunt was in 2018? I had not read MJines hunt report before now and the link to it filled me in.

I suspect that most of us would attempt to defend against a full on charge by any ele, buff, hippo, etc. Heck, I even shoot poisonous snakes.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As said this hunt happened in 2018. To repeat what happened Mike and I were hunting tuskless and we were on day one when we tracked and were looking at a group. There was a tuskless in the group that infact we turned down as despite the fact she was mature we felt we would find and older one.

As a result we were extracting ourselves when she sensed us and charged us. Both myself and Mike shot her mere meters from us.

Knowing well what can happen after shooting we were trying to put some distance between us and the downed elephant when my tracker criton screamed and pointed to the side where a huge one tusked cow was coming so fast at us that when I shot her her front legs ended up behind her back legs 3 meters from where we were when we shot. ( ironically this position has really riled up the antis with comments like " it folded its legs like a puppy before it died"! Also the fact that she had a small single tusks means to the antis that it was a " baby"! Ignorance at its best!

Bottom line had we not shot either of these cows with no doubt both myself and mike would have been killed leaving two widows and 4 kids without dads! I certainly have no regrets despite dealing with about 30 death threats a day and numerous hate mails! Cheers for now Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Part of me says don't advertise this sort of reality to those who will only use it to attack us.

But another part of me says go ahead and share it, in an honest effort to educate people who need instruction about reality.

Here's where I end up.

Morons, who constitute the greatest number of anti-hunters, are ineducable.

So, I act accordingly.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
As said this hunt happened in 2018. To repeat what happened Mike and I were hunting tuskless and we were on day one when we tracked and were looking at a group. There was a tuskless in the group that infact we turned down as despite the fact she was mature we felt we would find and older one.

As a result we were extracting ourselves when she sensed us and charged us. Both myself and Mike shot her mere meters from us.

Knowing well what can happen after shooting we were trying to put some distance between us and the downed elephant when my tracker criton screamed and pointed to the side where a huge one tusked cow was coming so fast at us that when I shot her her front legs ended up behind her back legs 3 meters from where we were when we shot. ( ironically this position has really riled up the antis with comments like " it folded its legs like a puppy before it died"! Also the fact that she had a small single tusks means to the antis that it was a " baby"! Ignorance at its best!

Bottom line had we not shot either of these cows with no doubt both myself and mike would have been killed leaving two widows and 4 kids without dads! I certainly have no regrets despite dealing with about 30 death threats a day and numerous hate mails! Cheers for now Buzz

I know this brought untold grief for Mr.Jines. One time I wish a mass indictment could be pursued by the US FBI against these hate filled asses. We need some pay back. Then they might take pause before they mount their mighty key boards in an attempt to ruin a man's life.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:

I know this brought untold grief for Mr.Jines. One time I wish a mass indictment could be pursued by the US FBI against these hate filled asses. We need some pay back. Then they might take pause before they mount their mighty key boards in an attempt to ruin a man's life. Jeff

Exactly what I've been saying for some time now. This crap isn't going to stop until it starts costing the people who start these "cancel culture" campaigns. I'm hoping for some upcoming changes in the way social media platforms are treated that can maybe assist in bringing this to an end.

I was going to respond to Singleshot03's comment that the really sad part is that a man can no longer participate in a LEGAL activity, legal in his home country, legal in the host country, and legal in the international community, without the possibility of having a vocal group of uninformed activists go after you and attempt to ruin your livelihood. THAT is a true crime and something that is going to have to be addressed at some point.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
They targeted Mike as he is an executive and they felt they could create the most damage. I post pictures of dead Lions without much comment but then again I am a nobody really.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tuskless target executives?!?!

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marty:
Tuskless target executives?!?!

I think Fairgame was referring to the anti's Marty.

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7572 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote