THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Recommendation for Satellite Vendor and Phone for Cameroon

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendation for Satellite Vendor and Phone for Cameroon
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted
I have a hunt in Cameroon this upcoming spring and I need to stay in touch via text and voice at a minimum.

Who is a good vendor here in the states for rental and what is the best phone to go with?

I have seen recommended Inmarsat Isat Phone 2 and Thuraya for Cameroon. Does anyone have any experience with these phones in Cameroon?

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We’ve used Andy Cool with Explorer Satellite Communications (Now Pivotel, I think)on several trips to Africa. Never been to Cameroon but worked well in Zim and Moz.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2709 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RickyClark
posted Hide Post
used the inmarset isat on both trips in the north and had great reception

lets make a plan

Posts: 98 | Location: England | Registered: 29 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are in the rain forest, don’t expect much...

All of the PH’s when I was there would have very intermittent contact, even in camp. You needed to go to open spots through the canopy to use the phones, and they were quite scattered.

The north (LDE) was actually not a problem even with regular cell phones for the locals. I had trackers getting calls with some regularity until the PH told them turn them off.

Posts: 10460 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I have also rented satphones from Andy Cool.

All went well on the business front, and the phones always worked well.

Andy can also be a good resource for advice on which phone to get and which network to use.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13306 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The BLB
posted Hide Post
I used the Iridium Go! product with my iPhone in the north. No problems with texts and calls.

Beau

Posts: 79 | Location: Bay Area, California | Registered: 07 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Everyone thank you for your advice. I will be calling Andy.

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote