Find
Notify
Tools

Judge G and Bill C
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted
Does anyone know what happened to these two AR members?

I’ve always enjoyed their reports, comments etc. but noticed neither have posted in some time.

Bill had great advice for me on a particular outfitter I was looking to hunt with and Judge sent me a neat dvd of he and his daughters hunt in Matetsi years ago.

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Judge G about two months ago, he had bought a pretty good sized boat and was taking delivery soon after we spoke, then planning on doing some cruising. I hope he got the boat and is having a great time cruising. Pretty good guy.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2737 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
Karl,
Thanks! I hope he’s enjoying his new boat!

Best, Rob

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the two happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day he buys his boat and the day he sells it. I can testify that it worked that way for me. I hope the judge is still in that first phase.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If it flies, floats or has tits, will cost you money! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66877 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No truer words, Saeed.

Posts: 9973 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sent the old judge on a number of safaris, and last I heard he was chasing whitetail on his home property, kinda lost track of him, and thats my fault that goes with age I guess..He is one of the good guys. Age and airplanes are the demons of us safari goers... old

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41796 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Therefore, lease it - never buy

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Therefore, lease it - never buy

Absolutely - all THREE :-)

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, I sent Judge G a text and asked him to let the AR community know how he is doing, we'll see if he does so.

Another "longtimer" that's been MIA for a while is "jorge", I always enjoyed his posts. I'll reach out to him, too, and see if he will update us.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2737 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
For what it's worth, I sent Judge G a text and asked him to let the AR community know how he is doing, we'll see if he does so.

Another "longtimer" that's been MIA for a while is "jorge", I always enjoyed his posts. I'll reach out to him, too, and see if he will update us.

He (jorge) currently posts on 24 hour campfire fairly regularly. Read one a day or 2 ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36460 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Bill C seems to have just vanished…hopefully happily.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36460 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I miss a lot of the old timers of my and earlier vintage. Bill C especially among them. Hope all is well.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13364 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Hey guys!

All good on my end, staying active and getting outdoors as much as I can. Two grandkids now who are the focal point of my life. Brett had a son who is just turning five, and Bill a daughter who is a year and a half old. They are awesome and already love my stories of our African adventures, especially my grandson who is all in!

It’s been a few years since my wife, daughter and I went to Namibia with Johann from Shona, which was our second trip there. I am always plotting my return and I’m hopeful things work out come the end of the year!

Stay safe and well my friends!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Howdy Bill! Glad to see you are well.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Bill, you need to hang around here now and then..I always enjoyed your posts..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41796 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Glad all is well, Bill. Great to hear from you!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13364 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
Judge G posted about boats an hour or so ago on the bookfaces. So I think it is safe to reckon he is well and good.

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:

Jorge posted a few days ago on Facebook, but I do miss his posts here.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Yes, I am well and doing just fine. I did buy a trawler, in fact two of them, selling the smaller rather quickly so that my fat ass would be comfortable in the then purchased bigger of the two. I’m taking m/v Sweet Sandy Lynn around South Florida now and then up to my home in Georgia.

It’s a picture at At Gasparilla Marina en route.

Southbound to Boca Grande

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7540 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Hope your trawling for shrimp Judge Smiler

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Outstanding Judge!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
Judge,

Lots of nice scenery and stops on your way trip thru SW Florida. Cabbage Key for lunch or dinner, Doc Ford’s on Ft Myers Beach and then head to Naples. They have a newly rebuilt city marina that had a number of excellent restaurants and bars in easy walking distance. The Dock is a favorite spot. If you are going to Marco Island make sure you hit the Snook Inn for a grouper sandwich and a rum runner or cold beer.

Be careful around Pine Island if traveling the inland route. It’s called “The Miserable Mile” for a reason. Keep an eye on your draft, the tides and the channel markers.

The sandy shoals off of Marco shift so watch your approach and follow the markers closely. The inland passage from Naples to Marco is nice but can get congested especially on weekends. However, boat traffic is slowing down as people go north.

Not much past Marco except for Goodland and Everglades City. The old Rod and Gun Club was a slice of old Florida and American history but it has fallen in disrepair I believe. A number of presidents and celebrities have stayed there in its heyday.

Take care and safe travels.

Regards,
RCG

Posts: 1128 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote