Find
Notify
Tools

Frostbit
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
Never met Jim or indeed his youthful wife Joyce. We shall meet for the first time in the morning and fly the last leg of their journey to a remote and dusty strip into the heart of the Kafue, Zambia.

It has been a year now since we first introduced ourselves to each other and we have spoken often and corresponded frequently. Jim does not ask for much but he gives generously. He paid his dues up front thus enabling me to kick start this project, build a camp and install the infrastructure required for my new venture Royal Kafue.

They will be my first guests and he asks nothing more than for me to provide him and Joyce the true African experience, and indeed the opportunity to hunt Africa's finest game animals. Nothing more and nothing less.

It was only a soggy two months ago when I finally recovered my broken Landy from the mire. It had died trying to get to what I now can call camp. I remember the day well for in the track there was a deep muddy pug mark left by a Lion. A big Lion. And is this the same Lion that called behind Jim's camp last night, the same Lion that harasses Buffalo and now and again the cattle of Kaindu?

Is it the Lion that Jim will hunt and kill? I do not know but what I am sure of is that Frosbit will be hunting Lion tomorrow and I will muster all my years of experience and all that I have learned to pursue his dream and to offer both Joyce and he the experience that they desire.

Jim,

It is called payback.

Best

Andrew

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Looks like real Africa. Love the misty mornings! Hope you connect with some great animals and looking forward for some photos.

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I hope you chaps have a great Safari but in all honesty I think it would be hard not to in a place like that. beer

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
here's wishing all of you the best of luck tu2

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Frostbite will absolutely love Zambia! It is my favorite place in Africa to hunt!

........................................................................ dancing

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andrew;

Jim & Joyce are the real deal...sounds like they are in for the "real deal" with you too.

I can't wait to hear the details as this safari unfolds. The camp looks amazing. That lion track is certainly a BIG tease...don't make it too easy for Jim!!! rotflmo

Best regards, D. Nelson

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
What an adventure! To be the first to hunt from a new camp will be quite an honor. Best of luck to all.
Shoot straight and get that MGM lion.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rock on Fairgame.

I will be pulling for you.

I also owe you a package.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
In a location like that and a PH with an attitude like that - this is going to be a great safari!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Best of the best is wished for Jim & Joyce on their hunt.

Andrew, I also wish you the very best of the best for the long term success of your new camp and concession! I have no doubt that your hard work and postive attitude together with your experience will contribute to the success and that the camp will soon gain a reputation of: That is wher egreat hunts are enjoyed for fantastic trophies!

Wishing you well my friend, and may this first hunt be a great experience for all involved!

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if he brought my old Harris-McMillan 416 Rigby with him. After my Ele in the Caprivi, that rifle deserves a Lion or something exotic like that.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Very exciting, happy hunting guys.

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
I wonder if he brought my old Harris-McMillan 416 Rigby with him. After my Ele in the Caprivi, that rifle deserves a Lion or something exotic like that.

Biebs;

I think he took his NEW double rifle and his .375. (Note positive though.)

Joyce (aka Bait Babe) took her 7x57 and new CZ .22

Regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which DR did he get?

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which DR did he get?

I'm a "typical" female...just like hunting don't know much about weaponry, except for the stuff I shoot. But Jim bought his new double from AR's BigBBear. AR's Brett Adam Barringer would know the calibers. Jim told me he couldn't get it away from Brett when they were testing it. rotflmo

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck the the group! I am sure good times will be abound!

Skip Nantz

Posts: 538 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

A very classy post. I hope your hunt exceeds everyone's expectations.

Best

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, he bought my ArmyNavy 450 3 1/4 and from all the correspondence, loves it. I hope he has a great chance to use it. I for one would not think it would be his first shot on a lion as I believe in a scope for that purpose but maybe for the walk up or maybe for buffalo, ele.

Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done, Andrew. I hope ypu guys have fun and a good hunt!

Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to a post on the hunt and lots of pics! tu2 Enjoy and go get them! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Which DR did he get?

Jim told me he couldn't get it away from Brett when they were testing it. rotflmo

Best regards, D. Nelson

Sometimes old eyes need a hand from young eyes and a steady hand when working loads for doubles. Big Grin

Classy post Andrew and I'm VERY much looking forward to your progress reports!!!!! Best of luck Jim and Joyce!!!!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBBear:
Biebs, he bought my ArmyNavy 450 3 1/4 and from all the correspondence, loves it.

Very much so Larry! It's a beautiful rifle and shoots well! Not much to dislike. I hope he has a chance to use it as well.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Excellent post and you have me hooked, I will be checking in on this every time I log on to AR. Best of luck to yall, I hope you have the trip of a lifetime

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fvh40
posted Hide Post
Nice camp Andrew, brings back a lot of memories from Zambia.

Good hunting to you all.

PH 47/2015 EC
HC 16/2015 EC
Ferdi Venter
ferdiventer@gmail.com
http://www.ferdiventerhunting.com

Nature at your doorstep

Posts: 305 | Location: SA Eastern Cape | Registered: 20 August 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

I just had report from Jim & Joyce. They arrived in camp with all their gear and luggage.

Jim reports that Andrew's camp is amazing especially since it was built within the last 3 months. The hunter's chalets are constructed from blocks using termite mound mud (almost like adobe). Very nice. The setting is beautiful.

They heard lion last night.

Per Jim...Note of apology to Mark Young.. Jim just shot a huge Crawshay Defassa Waterbuck, the last Andrew had on quota. Jim sends his regrets to Mark as he understands that Mark had intended to hunt one with Andrew in September.

More reports to follow.........

Best regards, D. Nelson

one of us
posted Hide Post
SWAMBO,

Please pass this onto Jim.

Excellent! Andrew will find me another. You have to take those opportunities at the specialty animals as you find them. Big congrats. Can hardly wait for the pix.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12861 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Hopefully lion don't have an aversion to Mr. Crawshay's Waterbuck!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BigBear, that is certainly a classic DR for a trip such as this!

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful post. This is the true meaning of this forum.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
I never saw this until now, but thanks to a post on my hunt report I was able to find it.

No debt was owed to me but certainly Andrew, we are at least even.

Thanks for sharing your piece of Africa with Joyce and I.

I know you had as good a time as we had.

The way it should be!!

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7593 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote