New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking like the year is a loss ...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
With Covid cases surging in the USA, and RSA, I don't see any foreign hunters making it to southern Africa this year. And getting to Namibia etc through Europe going to be tricky for same reason.

May be a good thing from one perspective as the game needs to recover after the drought. But hard on the operators of course.

Anyone putting down deposits for 2021? Tricky call ... if the cloud lifts quotas will sell out and you may be SOL. If the cloud does not lift the hunt won't happen and the operator may not be around in 2022.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2926 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Buzz and I rolled my 21 day hunt to next year. They reached out to me last week and wanted to make sure I had the dates I wanted for 2021.

Searching for a mountain lion outfitter in NA for the fall.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just booked a buff with Myles in September 2021. It'll be my first trip to Africa - to hell with 'rona. Until then, I plan to put .375" holes through several skinny South Carolina whitetails to prep.

Posts: 50 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 10 April 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike Fell and client are currently hunting in Tanzania. He flew Ethiopian Airlines without a hitch.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BwanaJ,

Good to know and something to keep in mind.

Posts: 9952 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote