New
Find
Notify
Tools

Illegal Hunting in TZ
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 175 | Location: Somewhere in a sale-barn | Registered: 07 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is disgusting! I lost count on how many laws were being broken. This is poaching!

One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
Saeed...Do you have any idea who these assholes are and where they are from?

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stubbleduck47:
Saeed...Do you have any idea who these assholes are and where they are from?

Sounds like they are from Saudi Arabia.

Words fail me at what to say about this!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seen something very similar a year or so ago. If I recall correctly, the safari company lost their license. I can't remember the name

I just can't understand why anyone would put that clip out there for public viewing.

Posts: 11944 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No doubt that many think that we are all like that.

Posts: 11944 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
A most miserable group of callous bastards. No respect or consideration for anything. Lower than snake shit, the lot of them. If there is an outfitter involved, he needs to lose his licence and to spend some time behind bars. These pricks need to be banned from Africa for ever.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the Arusha Game Dept. can identify the game scout (0:55) who was amongst that lot; at one point (0:53) he appears to be looking out on the horizon, maybe to see if someone was coming.
A local (TZ) mobile number is also on full advert on the clip and if I recall, their "outfitter" was a woman of eastern european descent.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is not hunting.

I hope these clowns see the inside of a Tanzanian prison.

Hopefully the wildlife officials also do something to the guides and staff that didn't report this crap.

Posts: 10573 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why do people post something like that on a public site like Youtube? More important why does Youtube allow a video like that on their site, thats not ethical. This is where the anti hunters get more ammo against hunting, this will be called hunting by them and they will say we all do it like that even though we know thats not hunting I don't know what to call that, I am shocked.

One of Us
Picture of Black Lechwe
posted Hide Post
There is unfortunately so much of this sort of thing going on. 'Hunting parties' from different gulf countries are notorious for decimating bustards and other birds, gazelles etc. throughout the sahara through Sudan and on into east-africa.

I lived in Saudi for a few years and saw first hand what was considered 'sporting'... driving along shooting migrating eagles perched on powerlines being one example...

Unfortunately for some countries the lure of oil $$$ is too much. And one or two low-ranking game scouts are powerless against a bloodthirsty, angry mob like that! So even if they could be identified by the game dept., they'd likely just be used as a scapegoat to deflect the heat away from the bosses who allowed this sort of thing in the first place!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I have seen something very similar a year or so ago. If I recall correctly, the safari company lost their license. I can't remember the name

I just can't understand why anyone would put that clip out there for public viewing.

it was in 2014 they had their areas taken from them but sued in court and i believe they reopened under another name, but not 100% on that.( the video is from 2012)and the company was called Green Mile Safari co ltd and was owned by people in the United Arab Emirates.

Posts: 81 | Location: uk and zambia | Registered: 27 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
Rotten to the core

Posts: 533 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spike.t:
quote:

it was in 2014 they had their areas taken from them but sued in court and i believe they reopened under another name, but not 100% on that.( the video is from 2012)and the company was called Green Mile Safari co ltd and was owned by people in the United Arab Emirates.

This is a different bunch to the Green Mile Safari group. Note the video dates back to 2012 and again, if I recall, the "hunt" was organised by a resident European woman.
This particular massacre is not to be interpreted as an organised hunt as we know by a bona-fide registered outfitter with proper GHPs, etc. this is nothing short of a "fly by night, no holds barred" cheapie; no exportable trophies, etc.

Two species in particular,were shot on several occasions, these being Gerenuk (what appears for brunch) and Korie or Greater Bustard (protected)- the others were Lesser or Common Bustard and have a restricted quota like all other huntable birds.

Gerenuk as most of us know have a hefty price tag and shooting a couple for the "pot" would not go down well with the Authorities.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having money doesn't mean you have ethics or class. These types believe they are above all that.

Unfortunately, there are operators who cater to these types of morons. They are only in it for the money.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Fz0AZ_zrQ

For those who have not seen it, link to Green Mile video.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
This video is absolutely appalling!

As ethical hunters we constantly battle to show that we as hunters are conservationists while the anti-hunters allow the carnage of poachers by doing nothing.

Then along comes a video like this...portraying "hunters" in the image of ISIS!!!

We as a group have to expose and rid the sport of beasts like these!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36509 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had forgotten how bad the Green Mile video was.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
There is a strong correlation between both videos.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36509 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Very very disturbing to watch. I assume the cutting of the throat of a live animal is so the meat is "halaal"?

Posts: 50 | Location: Sask Canada | Registered: 13 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:
Originally posted by spike.t:
quote:

This is a different bunch to the Green Mile Safari group. Note the video dates back to 2012 and again, if I recall, the "hunt" was organised by a resident European woman.
This particular massacre is not to be interpreted as an organised hunt as we know by a bona-fide registered outfitter with proper GHPs, etc. this is nothing short of a "fly by night, no holds barred" cheapie; no exportable trophies, etc.

i put this up as larry couldnt remember what the name of the company was.i did note the video was from 2012 as i put that in my post..... you seem to be differentiating between the two as one as a bona-fide registered outfitter Green Mile Safari co, and the other a "fly by night cheapie operation".......i find this confusing as i dont see the slightest difference between what happens in either video at all, whether the slaughter was conducted by a "bona-fide operator" ie Green Mile or a fly by night outfit. apologies if i have misread your post, but thats how it reads to me. cheers mike

Posts: 81 | Location: uk and zambia | Registered: 27 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Black Lechwe
posted Hide Post
This got me thinking about three points...

1) To the anti-hunters there is no real difference between this and any other type of hunting. At the end of the day what bothers them is that hunters are instinctively driven to enjoy hunting, of which killing the animal is part. The argument of 'but it pays for conservation' is actually a separate issue that doesn't address their primary concern. Maybe we should be focusing our efforts on trying to explain that hunting is a primal human thing that is stronger in some than in others, and that responsible hunters develop a code of 'ethics' and a culture of respect for their quarry.

2) Perhaps this is the sort of thing that contributes to USFWS having little confidence in Tanzania to properly manage their hunting? I hope when these videos first came out there were loud complaints at the Tanzanians coming from the rest of the hunting community, because really we should be the first to impose sanctions?

3) Hunting bustards... that is just inexcusable. They may LOOK like game-birds, but they are far from it. They breed very slowly, the big species like Kori bustard raise only one or two chicks a year, and they are a very long-lived species. It used to be viewed as the 'ultimate' quarry for falconry by the Arabs, but really what chance do these birds stand against a shotgun? There have been some efforts to captive breed the Arabian Houbara bustard, but there are horror stories of hunting parties going all over in search of bustards (Pakistan, Sahara states... even attempts to come to SA where these birds are well-protected).

I'm sure just like everywhere that there are respectable, ethical hunters in the gulf states, and that there are irresponsible bloody-thirsty savages also in the 'more civilised' Western countries...but still, reckless abuses like this must be exposed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
you seem to be differentiating between the two as one as a bona-fide registered outfitter Green Mile Safari co, and the other a "fly by night cheapie operation"....

Nothing confusing at all.

It should appear obvious that some so called "bona-fide registered outfitters" operate under the guise of being well-to-do operators but are just high class fly by night operators who cater for a wealthier, aristocratic group of butchers. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
i dont see the slightest difference between what happens in either video at all, whether the slaughter was conducted by a "bona-fide operator" ie Green Mile or a fly by night outfit.

+1

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black Lechwe:

1) To the anti-hunters there is no real difference between this and any other type of hunting.

This is 100% true. Go look at the Green Mile video. Look at what they put on the screen at the very start. Look at the comments. They ALL think this is the way hunting is done.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black Lechwe:

1) To the anti-hunters there is no real difference between this and any other type of hunting.

This is 100% true. Go look at the Green Mile video. Look at what they put on the screen at the very start. Look at the comments. They ALL think this is the way hunting is done.

My first thought when watching the video was anti-hunters see that as no different than hunting or poaching.

quote:
and that responsible hunters develop a code of 'ethics' and a culture of respect for their quarry

Good luck with that conversation.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
IGNORANT, UNEDUCATED SAVAGES

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
these people are not human and in fact are not even animals - they do not deserve to be allive

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THOSE BASTARDS AND OTHER LIKE THEM NEED TO BE CAPTURED, TUNED UP, THEN SENT TO PRISON AND SHARE A TIGHT CELL WITH BUBBA.

Tim

One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
Posthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Fz0AZ_zrQFor those who have not seen it, link to Green Mile video.Kathi[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong.

At 2:09 into Kathi's linked You tube video, is that not a well known Tanzanian operator, who once held the post of Chairman of the TZ PH association?

Posts: 533 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil-PH:
Posthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Fz0AZ_zrQFor those who have not seen it, link to Green Mile video.Kathi

At 2:09 into Kathi's linked You tube video, is that not a well known Tanzanian operator, who once held the post of Chairman of the TZ PH association?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure this video was discussed here a few years ago and the gentleman from the TZ PHA & indeed the TZ PHA as a whole was/were proven to be wholly innocent and not involved in these appalling acts in any way.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
quote:
Posthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Fz0AZ_zrQFor those who have not seen it, link to Green Mile video.Kathi

At 2:09 into Kathi's linked You tube video, is that not a well known Tanzanian operator, who once held the post of Chairman of the TZ PH association?

I'm pretty sure this video was discussed here a few years ago and the gentleman from the TZ PHA & indeed the TZ PHA as a whole was/were proven to be wholly innocent and not involved in these appalling acts in any way.[/QUOTE]

I was told they wanted to offer him a job.

And after he had seen what is going on, he left in disgust.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was told they wanted to offer him a job.

And after he had seen what is going on, he left in disgust.

Correct!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If they are Saudis then they got money and money talks. Big money is what will cause the end of elephants and rhino.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A diplomat once said to me that what they are thought to be doing is as important as what they are doing, so this kind of story is catastrophic. More to the point, how does TZ think it will get the ivory moratorium lifted if stuff like this is out there?
quote:
No doubt that many think that we are all like that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Fz0AZ_zrQ For those who have not seen it, link to Green Mile video.Kathi

Yes, that is who you think in that video for sure.

But Neil-PH, here is what I really want to know. Why were there never any prosecutions in the Green Mile Case???

Posts: 175 | Location: Somewhere in a sale-barn | Registered: 07 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad people will see this clip and think this is hunting .Antis will love the visuals on this

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cow-trader:
quote:
quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Fz0AZ_zrQ For those who have not seen it, link to Green Mile video.Kathi

Yes, that is who you think in that video for sure.

But Neil-PH, here is what I really want to know. Why were there never any prosecutions in the Green Mile Case???

PS:
If there had been prosecutions in the Green Mile Case, perhaps these incidents would cease and stop giving ethical hunters a black eye.

However, I am sure we ALL know the reason no prosecution was undertaken TZ officials.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
quote:

I'm pretty sure this video was discussed here a few years ago and the gentleman from the TZ PHA & indeed the TZ PHA as a whole was/were proven to be wholly innocent and not involved in these appalling acts in any way.

I was told they wanted to offer him a job.And after he had seen what is going on, he left in disgust.[/QUOTE]

correct i will put on the email i had from his wife about it.just have to find it.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
They posted their phone number and email.

Idiots. Absolute imbeciles, I was routing for the Wildebeest, hoping to see him "halal" the hunter in a couple of the clips.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote