THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Rigby announces an exciting Dagga Boy competition
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rigby announces an exciting Dagga Boy competition
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh sweet. Look at all your achievements!! You forgot the gold star

Ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.

Posts: 85 | Location: RSA | Registered: 21 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a classic example of how a post about a worthwhile project that should shine a positive light on the hunting community is redirected into a squabble bitch fest that makes us look like petty assholes. As Buzz writes in the last paragraph of his post, the only point of the contest is to encourage the hunting of old bulls rather than young high scoring bulls. It is a good attempt at changing the mindset of hunters to the potential benefit of the game. Kevin Robertson has been encouraging the SCI scoring system to adapt for years. I hope this contest helps foster change and am grateful to Dr. Robertson, Robin Hurt and Rigby for donating their time and resources to the cause.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The objective of the competition was indeed laudable; however, sometimes in the execution of a project one can undermine the objective.

Mike

Posts: 21188 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Competition was a brilliant concept. But poorly thought through and poorly executed. The winning bull was magnificent, just unfortunately too many coincidences around the hunt for it to be a squeaky clean winner. It is what it is .

Ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.

Posts: 85 | Location: RSA | Registered: 21 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
They are planning a presentation, however they expect to "password" the display to avoid negative publicity.

They will be putting up a good presentation on their website once back in the office.

Does anyone have a link to the presentation?

Mike

Posts: 21188 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
They are planning a presentation, however they expect to "password" the display to avoid negative publicity.

They will be putting up a good presentation on their website once back in the office.

Does anyone have a link to the presentation?

I was just thinking about this last night! I haven’t received any email notification of website development. I would certainly enjoy reading the stories for each entry.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I would call Gary Duffy, a US sales agent for Rigby. +1 903 276-0251
Email: gary@johnrigbyandco.com

I'll bet he can tell you or get the answer. Don't hesitate to contact Mark Newton in London. He is very approachable. I had a great chat with him at SCI.

There is also a great article in African Hunting Gazette most recent SPRING 2022 magazine. If you don't subscribe, you should. Kirsten in Dillon, Montana AHG office might send you a copy. This is my favorite Africa magazine, great gun articles too.
As you know, AHG is owned by Richard Lendrum, in JNB, SA and also owns AFTON GUEST HOUSE at JNB Airport.

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2557 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Kaitlin at AHG, Dillon, MT

470EDDY

Posts: 2557 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is Rigby Media contact in London-

Media enquiries
Simon K. Barr
Tel: +44 (0)7711 005854
Email: simon@johnrigbyandco.com

Kaitlin at Africa Hunting Gazette< Dillon MT
406-988-0725
africanoasis.kaitlin@gmail.com

One year $50, they have good 3 year and 5 year as well as Life with beautiful Kobus Moller giclee on canvas, knife, Books...etc...

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I believe a few on here have done their best to alienate Dr. Robertson. I have not seen him back since. The big tuskers thread in Hunting Reports could use his opinion. He has the data.

It’s a shame how this happens on here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36504 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a great article and photos on this competition in the MAY/JUNE SPORTS AFIELD magazine.
The article says that Rigby will continue the competition in the future.
The gist of the article seems to focus on the oldest non-breeding bull... not necessarily the gnarliest bull entered.
There were some great old Dagga Boys entered!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I believe a few on here have done their best to alienate Dr. Robertson. I have not seen him back since. The big tuskers thread in Hunting Reports could use his opinion. He has the data.

It’s a shame how this happens on here.

I agree. I miss his knowledgeable input: so refreshing after wading through the usual uninformed bullshit opinions.

I hope his absence is due to his being too busy with his new job in Texas.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote