THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    American kills herself in national park

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American kills herself in national park
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://zambia-weekly.com/artic...lf-in-national-park/

American kills herself in national park

An American woman, Bianca Rodolph, 57, has died after accidentally shooting herself with a shotgun. The Daily Mail reported that she shot herself in the Kafue National Park, but the presence of a firearm suggested that she was, in fact, on a hunting trip in a bordering game management area.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9360 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.tumfweko.com/2016/...entally-shoots-self/

Tourist Accidentally Shoots Self

By Reporter on October 12, 2016

A 57-YEAR-OLD American tourist has died in the Kafue National Park in Mumbwa after she accidentally shot herself in the chest with a shotgun.
Central Province commissioner of police Lombe Kamukoshi said in an interview that the incident happened yesterday around 07:00 hours.
Ms Kamukoshi said Bianca Rodolph shot herself as she was packing her property.
“Officers rushed to the scene after a report of unnatural death was made that an American woman accidentally shot herself,” Ms Kamukoshi said.
A shotgun shell is a self-contained cartridge typically loaded with multiple metallic “shot”, which are small, generally spherical projectiles.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad Ms. Kamukoshi cleared up the definition of a shotgun shell.

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12857 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
I really hope that's not the Bianca Rudolph who's the wife of past SCI president Larry Rudolph. Not a real common name...

Posts: 809 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
talentrec,

I have been told it is his wife.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Not to sound flip, but its more then a little difficult to shoot oneself in the chest with a shotgun, while packing.

Posts: 751 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We here on AR will never know exactly how this happened, but to your point, Sir, it sometimes happens that people will hold a loaded gun by the fore end, or by the barrel(s), and put the gun, butt plate first, into a case-----or----pull a loaded gun out of a case, or up from a rack in a safe, in a similar manner. The trigger hangs up on something, or the person uses their free hand to grab the gun and engages the trigger.

Not defending this technique at all, just saying it happens. I've seen this kind of accidental gunshot wound several times.

Yet there are many other possible explanations for how this happened. The manner in which one can injure one's self with firearms or other mechanical devices is endless.

In any case...my prayers go out to the family.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Wasn't he the man who wrote a letter to AR complaining of being mistreated by the SCI management?

I seem to recall the name.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66901 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I think it was. He was the one who made the videos if I recall correctly.

Posts: 11943 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A tragedy to be sure. Terribly sorry for all who are touched by this event.

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this news. I also think that the heading is misleading, as she did not intentionally kill herself. Sad tragedy.

posted Hide Post
Bianca was an absolutely lovely person! I saw her and Rolf at The Butcher Shop restaurant on Mandela Square, in Sandton, South Africa, when I was attending CITES a few weeks ago. She spied on me and send over a bottle of wine. I walked over to their table and learned they were headed to Zambia on a Safari. She was so excited. Absolutely lovely person.

John J. Jackson, III
Conservation Foce

Posts: 22 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 26 February 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Virginia Creeper
posted Hide Post
To Mr. Jackson:
Welcome to AR.
We look forward to your participation.
Sincerely,

E Pluribus Unum - where out of many, we will become one.

Posts: 149 | Location: VA | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
What a sad event. My condolences to her family.

However, it is also a teaching moment. We all make mistakes in gun handling, but if she had taken just a second to stand to the side as she removed the shotgun, she'd still be alive. Muzzle control, muzzle control, muzzle control.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was't Larry Rudolph injured in a shooting accident?

Very sad about his wife.

Posts: 11943 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
A loaded shotgun in a national park? The parks I've bee in prohibit firearms. Any clarification?
Very sad news.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A loaded shotgun in a national park? The parks I've bee in prohibit firearms. Any clarification?
Very sad news.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com

The Kafue GMAs all share boundaries with Kafue National Park. Mumbwa West has a road right along its northern boundary, with the park on one side and the GMA on the other. It's possible that the body was brought to the road to be moved out, or that whoever reported the incident to the press simply turned "next to the park" into "in the park"--most likely innocently. It sounds like a terrible incident, but I wouldn't worry too much about the park detail.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Conservation Force:
Bianca was an absolutely lovely person! I saw her and Rolf at The Butcher Shop restaurant on Mandela Square, in Sandton, South Africa, when I was attending CITES a few weeks ago. She spied on me and send over a bottle of wine. I walked over to their table and learned they were headed to Zambia on a Safari. She was so excited. Absolutely lovely person.

John J. Jackson, III
Conservation Foce

Welcome to AR John.

Glad to see you join our community.

Posts: 66901 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a shame for her and all her loved ones.

My condolences to the family.

+1 to Gato's comments. A teachable moment for all of us.

Posts: 10556 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Dentist Dr. Larry Rudolph Accused Of Murder In Wife's Death

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7591 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Dr. Rudolf seems to lead a charmed life!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Off the track a bit, though related to the same type shotgun shooting.

I had a cousin my age that went duck hunting
with two brothers. They laid their shotguns on
the back seat of the car. One or more was left
loaded.

Del was standing behind Roy when Roy reached in
and pulled his gun out by the muzzle. The hammer
tripped and hit Roy on the belt of his side.
It hit Del at the elbow and blew his arm off.

Just related is all.

Wonder if some "witness" now recalls what happen
to this lady years ago.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5942 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote