THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    UPDATED: Delta / United / AA ban Big 5 trophy shipments
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATED: Delta / United / AA ban Big 5 trophy shipments
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
No problems transporting trophies on SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) they did a press release today. They said they will follow Swedish and EU law. Our own Swedish FWS even said that Zimbabwes hunting outfitters are very good and serious.

Posts: 2635 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonW28:
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Boycotts will do absolutely nothing as hunters are too few in number. If every hunter didn't fly Delta, they would not notice it a bit. I've said it before, we are fighting a losing battle.
Cal

I hate to disagree but I fly Delta for business and hunting. They might not miss the two hunting trips a year but they would sure miss my business travel. I think they will miss the 2-3 guys I book on Delta with me on the business trips as well. They sure seem to kiss my ass a lot if my business means zilch to them. Tim Herald posted a photo the other day of 9 rifles coming off the Delta flight into Jo-burg. Figure no rental rifle hunters and 2 of the 9 flew business and the rest economy. 1/2 probably had a wife with them. Business class (2 hunters and 1 spouse) 3x8K=24K and (7 hunters and 3 spouses) 10X2K= 20k or roughly 44K. Figure a 4 month season (I know it is longer) so you have 120 days. Lets figure on 1/2 the # of hunters rather than the flight above. 120 x 22K = $2.6 million plus the lost freight. Add a few business trips to the mix for every hunter that flies for more than a single trip a year and they will care. I once got pissed at Delta and started flying American over a $50 baggage delivery charge they would not reimburse. When my receipts on American that I was mailing Delta went over $13K they sent me the 50 and a voucher for $500 with an apology. They care if you care. Say nothing and they won't either.

Regards,

Don

This is a good plan. Let's pick one target. Pick Delta because they fly to Johannesburg. Every time you fly anywhere, send Delta a nasty note about this issue and include the receipt from another airline.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Boycotts will do absolutely nothing as hunters are too few in number. If every hunter didn't fly Delta, they would not notice it a bit. I've said it before, we are fighting a losing battle.
Cal

Totally disagree. Not fighting back is why we are in the boat we're in. Hunting community has no voice. We need to find on of we're done. Delta WILL notice.

Whether it is a losing battlke or not it is a fight we MUST meet head on. Go down swinging is my preferred way to lose if it comes to that. Every time I choose to drive or fly another airline (Alaska, SAA) I will email them the reason why. Might not amount to a hill of beans but it is about how I respect our sport and myself. I am fortunate enough to be able to fly !st or business so that is a significant dollar loss.

Posts: 55 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 26 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK Mike. I respect your opinion. Do you plan to keep your holdings in these airlines? If so will you attend the stockholders meetings and voice your/our opinions on this arbitrary ban? It sounds like you have thrown in the towel to me. If not, what you recommend us as travelling hunters do? Keep patronizing the airlines that screwed us as if nothing happened. One f....ing guy killed a park lion so we should all just acquiese to the liberal media and anti hunters?

Not trying to start a fight but we need to stick together on this and fight. I find your posts insightful but please spare me the "battle is lost" surrender mentality when we are just now being engaged. Respectfully, Mark

Posts: 55 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 26 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blackdogsrule:
OK Mike. I respect your opinion. Do you plan to keep your holdings in these airlines? If so will you attend the stockholders meetings and voice your/our opinions on this arbitrary ban? It sounds like you have thrown in the towel to me. If not, what you recommend us as travelling hunters do? Keep patronizing the airlines that screwed us as if nothing happened. One f....ing guy killed a park lion so we should all just acquiese to the liberal media and anti hunters?

Not trying to start a fight but we need to stick together on this and fight. I find your posts insightful but please spare me the "battle is lost" surrender mentality when we are just now being engaged. Respectfully, Mark

Going to an airline (DAL/UAL/AAL) shareholder meeting and voicing my opinion against the ban for shipping lion and other big five trophies will get me mocked as flaky and as mentally unstable. Political activism at shareholder meetings is generally frowned upon in the investor world. Don't like a stock for political or policy reasons - sell it. End of story. Once in a while an issue can gain broad social, political and international support - anti-aparthied movement. Transporting big 5 animal trophies is not in the same league.

US airlines have become a 5 company oligopoly - AAL, UAL, DAL, LUV, JBLU. In most airports there are at max 2-3 airlines. To boycott airlines is too basically give up on the fastest and safest means of transport. Airlines have changed their business model - they charge a lot of fees now and for a change are focused on making money and returning it to shareholders. They are used to a small segment being p*ssed off and dealing with it. Trophy hunters are that small segment - might be rich but are still small.

Before Cecil when Delta had the petition they rationally choose to ignore it. After cecil and the media storm with UAL and AAL both signed up - DAL would not be left alone. LUV and JBLU don't fly international. UPS and Fedex have a neutral business model - we just move stuff - dont care what is in the boxes.

Think of big 5 trophies and confederate flag. Amazon sells parts for AK 47 and other tactical stuff but decided confederate flag is just not worth political trouble - same with Walmart. Business make rational decision to make money - Cecil just changed the game on shipping back lion trophies.

I rather fight the anti where they will strike next - transporting guns as luggage. I rather be strategic and not fixated on a losing or lost battle. The NRA does not spend all it political capital and political $$ to overturn the ATF ban on 375 barnes solids. Sometimes some fights are just not worth making central when the war with the anti-hunitng forces is long. Cecil sealed the faith on transporting big 5 trophies - maybe get buff removed would be partial victory.

Same reason why fighting elephant trophy import ban from Tanzania and Zimbabwe is a lost cause. To win you will need to get Tanzania to actually save their elephants and Zim to count its elephants before you can do anything at USFW. No data no change in policy.

The person counting the data in Zim is Paul Allen - an anti hunting billionaire. Maybe people should boycott microsoft, charter communications, seattle sports teams ect.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
here is the one more of the same bullshit canned response from Delta:

Dear Mr. Fullerton,

RE: Case Number 16937096

Thank you for your email to Delta Air Lines.

Delta has banned the shipment of all lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros
and buffalo trophies worldwide as freight. Prior to this ban, Delta's
strict acceptance policy called for absolute compliance with all
government regulations regarding protected species. Delta will also
review the acceptance policies for other hunting trophies with the
appropriate government agencies and other organizations that support
legal shipments.

We value customer feedback and appreciate you taking the time to contact
us. We understand your feelings surrounding this issue, and we are
grateful you took the time to let us know how our actions have been
perceived. Your concerns have been reported to the appropriate
leadership for internal review.

We appreciate your selection of Delta and will always welcome the
opportunity to be of service.

Sincerely,

Dave Philander
Online Customer Support Desk
http://www.delta.com

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Delta Air Lines Customer Care Form

Message: I am stunned by the emotional knee jerk reaction by Delta to
refuse to ship trophies from Africa. I have been to Africa several
times, always on Delta. I have been in the bush and have studied
wildlife my entire life. Sport hunting is a controversial issue but
experts universally agree it it necessary as part of wildlife management
and continued viability of many species. After my time in Africa I am
100% convince that any bans on hunting there will doom certain species
with absolute certainty. It is just a matter of time. Deltas incredibly
poor decision to stop trophy shipments will contribute far more harm to
African animals future than good. That is a consequence of quick and
poorly thought out decisions. I have always flown Delta most times 1st
class but never again unless I have no other choice. Any airline that
has such shortsighted judgement cannot possibly be trusted to make good
decisions regarding passengers. Thank you, Sam Fullerton Jr. Business
owner, proud sportsman, lover of wildlife and the
outdoors, regular traveler, & former Delta customer.

Posts: 285 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

All big 5 trophy transport complains will generate the same form letter. After all the publicity the ban has generated that battle is lost.

Mike

When the bullets start flying I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole w you. Give ground to your enemies and it will never stop.

Posts: 285 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 163bc:
quote:

All big 5 trophy transport complains will generate the same form letter. After all the publicity the ban has generated that battle is lost.

Mike

When the bullets start flying I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole w you. Give ground to your enemies and it will never stop.

Rather be rational and live to fight another day. When cecil is on the empire state building at night the fight to remove the trophy ban is pretty much done.

Can write all the letters to delta - you will get a form letter back.

Best bet is to call delta ceo, cfo or president and speak to them if you have access. They will most likely tell you what i have said even if they sympathize with trophy hunting.

Anyone want to start a boycott of india cause they banned tiger hunting neatly 50 years back?

Lets focus our energy on fighting the anti where there can be actual results - taking guns overseas, constitutional right to hunt at state level ect

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Virgin Atlantic, Virgin America, Virgin Australia and our partner, Delta – have pledged to no longer carry hunting trophies on flights. This has been a policy of Virgin Atlantic for many years and it’s wonderful to see other airlines join the fight.

Now we have to stop the killing, too.
http://www.virgin.com/richard-...more-alive-than-dead

Posts: 2635 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.huntingreport.com/w...te.cfm?articleid=740

Air Canada Bans Big Five African Trophies on Flights

(posted August 07, 2015)

Air Canada has joined several US airlines in banning the shipment of Big Five trophies from Africa: lion, elephant, rhinoceros, leopard and buffalo. We notified subscribers of the bans by Delta, United and American Airlines in two Email Extra Bulletins earlier this week.

Air Canada's ban was originally reported in major media outlets in Canada, including CBC, on August 4, 2015. (See the CBC news report here.) Media relations personnel at Air Canada have refused to respond to The Hunting Report's requests for corroboration or clarification on various points. The US carriers have also failed to respond to specific questions regarding the ban, including whether they consulted with any regulatory bodies, such as US Fish & Wildlife, CITES and IUCN.

This latest "embargo" is part of a growing trend of airlines responding to pressure from emotive petitions on websites like change.org. The latest round of bans can be seen as a result of the sensational publicity following the killing of a collared lion in Zimbabwe, which added momentum to the petitions already underway.

Hunters who do not hunt in Africa and believe they are not affected by these developments should note that Air Canada has already taken heat from animal rightists in Canada, who are disappointed that the ban does not include shipment of domestic game trophies. Asked about this, the airline responded to BC's News 1130 by stating that the current ban was made "in response to an increase in illegal trade of wildlife." (See www.news1130.com/2015/08/06/sh...kills-within-canada).

We have questioned Air Canada, United, and others about why buffalo trophies are included in their shipping bans, despite there being no trade restrictions on African buffalo. So far we have received no response on this. It is safe to say that airline executives have not conducted any research or given much consideration to the effects these shipping bans will have on conservation funding and economies in Africa. Given the politically correct statements that have been made to the general press by the airlines, the bans appear to be public relations ploys in the light of recent controversy. The Hunting Report will continue to follow the situation closely and see how airlines react to pressure from the hunting community. Hunters who use these airlines and all who depend on hunting to pay for conservation and to feed their families, whether guides or workers in a factory making camouflage clothing, should contact these airlines and make your displeasure known! - Barbara Crown, Editor-in-Chief and Justin Jones, Assistant Editor

Get important news bulletins like this sent directly to your email 24 hours before anyone else sees them, plus unlimited access to our database of hunt reports and past articles, a special expanded electronic version of our newsletter and more! Upgrade your Hunting Report subscription to Email Extra today. Click here for more information.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9357 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sent Delta a polite but strong e mail soon as I heard of their ban.
I have not received a response

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2631 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
http://www.huntingreport.com/w...te.cfm?articleid=740

Air Canada Bans Big Five African Trophies on Flights

(posted August 07, 2015)

Air Canada has joined several US airlines in banning the shipment of Big Five trophies from Africa: lion, elephant, rhinoceros, leopard and buffalo. We notified subscribers of the bans by Delta, United and American Airlines in two Email Extra Bulletins earlier this week.

Air Canada's ban was originally reported in major media outlets in Canada, including CBC, on August 4, 2015. (See the CBC news report here.) Media relations personnel at Air Canada have refused to respond to The Hunting Report's requests for corroboration or clarification on various points. The US carriers have also failed to respond to specific questions regarding the ban, including whether they consulted with any regulatory bodies, such as US Fish & Wildlife, CITES and IUCN.

This latest "embargo" is part of a growing trend of airlines responding to pressure from emotive petitions on websites like change.org. The latest round of bans can be seen as a result of the sensational publicity following the killing of a collared lion in Zimbabwe, which added momentum to the petitions already underway.

Hunters who do not hunt in Africa and believe they are not affected by these developments should note that Air Canada has already taken heat from animal rightists in Canada, who are disappointed that the ban does not include shipment of domestic game trophies. Asked about this, the airline responded to BC's News 1130 by stating that the current ban was made "in response to an increase in illegal trade of wildlife." (See www.news1130.com/2015/08/06/sh...kills-within-canada).

We have questioned Air Canada, United, and others about why buffalo trophies are included in their shipping bans, despite there being no trade restrictions on African buffalo. So far we have received no response on this. It is safe to say that airline executives have not conducted any research or given much consideration to the effects these shipping bans will have on conservation funding and economies in Africa. Given the politically correct statements that have been made to the general press by the airlines, the bans appear to be public relations ploys in the light of recent controversy. The Hunting Report will continue to follow the situation closely and see how airlines react to pressure from the hunting community. Hunters who use these airlines and all who depend on hunting to pay for conservation and to feed their families, whether guides or workers in a factory making camouflage clothing, should contact these airlines and make your displeasure known! - Barbara Crown, Editor-in-Chief and Justin Jones, Assistant Editor

Get important news bulletins like this sent directly to your email 24 hours before anyone else sees them, plus unlimited access to our database of hunt reports and past articles, a special expanded electronic version of our newsletter and more! Upgrade your Hunting Report subscription to Email Extra today. Click here for more information.

I sent an e-mail to the CEO of Air Canada. So far I've got nothing back.

What I don't understand is why (SCI or DSC) someone doesn't launch a lawsuit against these airlines. If the trophies were taken legally they should not be allowed to refuse transport.

Please explain this one to me. (And forgive my confusion} Big Grin

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thirdbite:
You can sue anyone I guess, but prevailing is another matter. What would be the cause of action? As far as I know, airlines have no requirement to haul cargo.

The are hauling cargo and some of it consists of animal byproducts. They are discriminating against legal freight because they have a prejudice against hunters. They should either stop carrying freight or carry all legal freight without prejudice.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 632 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I emailed Delta and this is a letter I received in return

Thank you for your email to Delta.

We are grateful for you taking the 
time to share your thoughts with us.

Delta has banned the shipment of all lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros
and buffalo trophies worldwide as freight. Prior to this ban, Delta's 
strict acceptance policy called for absolute compliance with all 
government regulations regarding protected species. Delta will also 
review the acceptance policies for other hunting trophies with the 
appropriate government agencies and other organizations that support 
legal shipments.

We value customer feedback and appreciate you taking the time to contact
us. We understand your feelings surrounding this issue, and we are 
grateful you took the time to let us know how our actions have been 
perceived. Your concerns have been reported to the appropriate 
leadership for internal review.

We appreciate your selection of Delta and will always welcome the 
opportunity to be of service.

Sincerely,

Veronica Varghese
Online Customer Support Desk
http://www.delta.com

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That might be what they should do, but it's hardly grounds for a successful lawsuit.

Why not. The Trophies are legally taken

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
quote:
That might be what they should do, but it's hardly grounds for a successful lawsuit.

It is as valid of grounds as many other lawsuits. It is not always about winning. Sometimes it is just about making the other party dance the dance. It also opens up a political out if they want to rethink their position.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 632 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
... sounds like a "hate crime".

If homosexuals can sue a baker for refusal of service for not baking them a cake, then a hunter should be able to sue an airline for refusal of service for not shipping perfectly legal cargo.

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Said bake shop broke a law.....agreeing with that law or not will be your choice.....

A very extreme punishment true but none the less a law was broken

Like it or not.....Delta can choose what they do/don't put in the cargo hold

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Delta is a $40 billion market cap company. They have enough petty change lying around and a legal department with outside lawyers to deal with frivolous lawsuits. DSC and sci have better things to do than engaging in frivolous litigation.

Delta United american have all decided after cecil that transporting big 5 is not worth the negative publicity. No one lit up empire state building with walter's trophy buffalo picture. Cecil and the publicity pretty much nailed big 5 trophy transport.

Before cecil sci and ar members were able to insure delta did not file the anti hunting petition. After cecil the public outcry fanned by social media changed delta policy. This change was done at highest corporate level.

All the letter writing will get is a form letter - all ar members have gotten the same one.

We need to be focused on where anti hunting groups are going next - transport of guns on international flights.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Delta is a $40 billion market cap company. They have enough petty change lying around and a legal department with outside lawyers to deal with frivolous lawsuits. DSC and sci have better things to do than engaging in frivolous litigation.

Delta United american have all decided after cecil that transporting big 5 is not worth the negative publicity. No one lit up empire state building with walter's trophy buffalo picture. Cecil and the publicity pretty much nailed big 5 trophy transport.

Before cecil sci and ar members were able to insure delta did not file the anti hunting petition. After cecil the public outcry fanned by social media changed delta policy. This change was done at highest corporate level.

All the letter writing will get is a form letter - all ar members have gotten the same one.

We need to be focused on where anti hunting groups are going next - transport of guns on international flights.

Mike

Yep! tu2

Any fight that SCI or anyone else could muster would be a meaningless and fruitless action. We hunters could boycott Delta and they wouldn't even begin to feel the "damage" any more than a mosquito bite on an elephant's ass.

Sorry.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Mike, antis might try, but out administration is probably working on it already.
If it is not guns, they will ban ammo.
Anyone , who is DEMOCRAT

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
IS SIMPLY AN ENEMY

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
I think it will actually be fun for African hunters to find a way around these stupid airline bans. If enough of us got together we could charter a plane or ship on a container vessel. I can't imagine it's that hard or costs that much. There is always a way around any obstacle. As for me, I avoid UAL and Delta whenever possible after far too many delays, cancellations etc. they are very aware that I don't always fly, but when I do, I don't fly UAL or Delta!

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.jpost.com/israel-n...phant-killing-641374

El Al bans shipping of hunting trophies after video of elephant killing.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9357 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great; I used El Al to ship my stuff back in 2018. Who is left?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Buffalo? A protected species per Deltas response above??

I’m beginning to hate this world and the ignorant asses who run it...

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
the ignorant asses who run it...

And therein lies the problem.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3013 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I believe that my last shipment came on Ethiopian Airlines and everything went very well. No problems.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Post/days like these make me glad I will not live forever.

Posts: 10690 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just wrote an email to Delta explaing how we prefer to use Delta to fly with firearms and dogs to all sporting locations-especially Africa but can no longer do so unless they rescind this emotional ban on shipping legally hunted trophies. I am a asky amiles member and use Delta whenever and wherever posiible. One person can't sway them but if we all right that is a good start.

Now if SCI, DSC and others who puport to speak for us and back us up we may get somewhere. I know one thing is certain-if we do nothing and say nothing we are doomed to lose.

Rather I think it requires a petition, lawyer, and politician to raise the issue of discrimination.

A statement from an African Government would also help and they can claim loss of Tourism revenues and attempted economic sabotage.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9854 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Just wrote an email to Delta explaing how we prefer to use Delta to fly with firearms and dogs to all sporting locations-especially Africa but can no longer do so unless they rescind this emotional ban on shipping legally hunted trophies. I am a asky amiles member and use Delta whenever and wherever posiible. One person can't sway them but if we all right that is a good start.

Now if SCI, DSC and others who puport to speak for us and back us up we may get somewhere. I know one thing is certain-if we do nothing and say nothing we are doomed to lose.

Rather I think it requires a petition, lawyer, and politician to raise the issue of discrimination.

A statement from an African Government would also help and they can claim loss of Tourism revenues and attempted economic sabotage.

Andrew may be on to something. In this day and age where corporations seem terrified of their own shadows, officials from a few African nations writing the airlines to complain about how this is harming their countries and people may be more effective than US based customers complaining. It also would help if everyone would commit to stop posting videos of hunts on social media, though that’d be difficult to get people to do. As a group, hunters are our own worst enemies when it comes to providing the Anti’s the ammunition with which they then shoot us.

Posts: 3843 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

Andrew may be on to something. In this day and age where corporations seem terrified of their own shadows, officials from a few African nations writing the airlines to complain about how this is harming their countries and people may be more effective than US based customers complaining. It also would help if everyone would commit to stop posting videos of hunts on social media, though that’d be difficult to get people to do. As a group, hunters are our own worst enemies when it comes to providing the Anti’s the ammunition with which they then shoot us.

Black Lives Matter

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9854 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Given these hassles, transport costs, taxidermy, etc., my next trip I will only be bringing back photos and memories! Besides, I am out of wall space!

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I worked for American Airlines and retired after 31 years service, and I have flown with them on at least one leg both ways to Alaska, and Africa many times. Delta was almost times one leg or another for every one of these trips.
That is the past, and I will not let any of my family fly on either of them in future. That is my choice, just like not shipping legally taken trophies is Thiers!
........................ oldMacD37 thumbdown thumbdown

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Given these hassles, transport costs, taxidermy, etc., my next trip I will only be bringing back photos and memories! Besides, I am out of wall space!

That's exactly what I have been doing for quite some time.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2290 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote