THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Recommendations for buffalo in Mozambique?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for buffalo in Mozambique?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I will greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Have any of you hunted or know about hunting in Gonarezhou on the Mozambique side of the border?
Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Niassa Reserve- Kambako Safaris. We (WTA) book hunts for them. Let m know if I can be of service. Here is a link.

Link to Moz hunts

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tim, I will check it out, Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know Mokore operates in Mozambique and have a stellar reputation. My first safari was with them, albeit in Zimbabwe.

Posts: 10462 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Coutada’s 10, 11, 14 and Mahimba.

Posts: 1850 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ryry4
posted Hide Post
I haven't been to Mozambique personally but know of two guys that hunted with Mashambanzou Safaris a couple years ago for buffalo and plains game and had a excellent trip.

Posts: 170 | Location: Alberta, Canukistan. | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for your help. Lots of good Info. Brian

One of Us
Picture of Guy Whittall
posted Hide Post
Coutada 10,11,14 and Mahimba if you looking at a swamp safaris. I recomend august to november. If you looking for a big bag of plains game the later the better.

Coutada 9 and most of the hunting blocks around the Niassa Reserve. The most well managed block/concession around Niassa is Block C. Again i recomend august to septemeber.

Posts: 196 | Location: Zimbabwe and Mozambique | Registered: 04 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Niassa for big buff. I think Buzz was advertising? If not contact Derick Littleton.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9842 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Andrew- we sell limited quote there as we will only use Dave Landerman as our PH. He is excellent and knows the area well and has produced some amazing trophies for us there including a 46" buff last year.

Brian I am very happy to chat to you about it should you be interested. Drop me a PM with your phone details and I will give you a ring.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
My Short List for moz ;
Kambako.
C&M Safris.
Lumbezi Safaris.
Nyati Safaris

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please consider the very large differences between a swamp hunt in the Delta and some of the other upland concessions. Big difference.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brian,

As Crane has stated a hunt on Delta is not by any means a traditional buffalo tracking hunt like you will find inland. It is spot and stalk plus an early season hunt can be a very wet affair. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to talk about either option.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12839 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Thanks Andrew- we sell limited quote there as we will only use Dave Landerman as our PH. He is excellent and knows the area well and has produced some amazing trophies for us there including a 46" buff last year.

Brian I am very happy to chat to you about it should you be interested. Drop me a PM with your phone details and I will give you a ring.

Best Buffalo I have seen are coming from Niassa. Not too impressed with some of the buff coming out of the Delta. Niassa is more expensive but you pay for what you get.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Niassa through Buzz with Dave Langerman as PH
We were there late 2018 and shot 45 and 46 inch buff plus monster Eland , Sable etc.

We are going back in November this year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the information. Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again to all for the help. I think that at this point I would not be into the Delta hunts.
Brian

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
We just shot a small pile of buff in Moz with Kambako. Only hunting dugga boys - no herds.

Vast area, hard conditions, proper hunting.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will, Sounds like a wonderful hunt. Brian

One of Us
Picture of kallie404
posted Hide Post
I hunted in late 2018 with Wayne Wagner safaris that has a huge concession bordering Gonarhezhou on the Mozambique side. Was an amazing experience and on the third day we managed to outsmart a beautiful 14 years plus ( according to Kevin Robertson ) buffalo bull. I hunted with Ian Brown as PH and he was just about as good as you can get. Camp and service was top notch!!

Posts: 109 | Location: Mooketsi& Phalaborwa Limpopo Province RSA | Registered: 13 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kallie404:
I hunted in late 2018 with Wayne Wagner safaris that has a huge concession bordering Gonarhezhou on the Mozambique side. Was an amazing experience and on the third day we managed to outsmart a beautiful 14 years plus ( according to Kevin Robertson ) buffalo bull. I hunted with Ian Brown as PH and he was just about as good as you can get. Camp and service was top notch!!

Excellent and did you post a report?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of kallie404
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by kallie404:

Excellent and did you post a report?

Will give it a go Andrew

Posts: 109 | Location: Mooketsi& Phalaborwa Limpopo Province RSA | Registered: 13 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryry4:
I haven't been to Mozambique personally but know of two guys that hunted with Mashambanzou Safaris a couple years ago for buffalo and plains game and had a excellent trip.

Likewise. I have several friends representing roughly 5 safaris and all very successful.

They keep going back - that says something!

Tim

0351 USMC

Posts: 1531 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WR500:
Niassa through Buzz with Dave Langerman as PH
We were there late 2018 and shot 45 and 46 inch buff plus monster Eland , Sable etc.

We are going back in November this year.

Dave Langerman is an outstanding hunter. My hunting partner hunted 12 days with Dave in the BVC and raved.

0351 USMC

Posts: 1531 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote