THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Hunt Report Selous 2019! Video Is Ready For Those Wishing To Have A Copy.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunt Report Selous 2019! Video Is Ready For Those Wishing To Have A Copy.
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66852 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Saeed. So many rifles there. Your adventure starts at home.

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 780 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Good luck and have fun!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12511 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Safe travels. Looking forward to another arm chair safari.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Did they shoot the T Rex?

~Ann

Posts: 19132 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Did they shoot the T Rex?

No.

Couple of wimps!

The rifle they really liked is a Steyer match air gun with an electronic trigger.

They shot 22 rim fire cases with it thrown down the tunnel.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66852 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you have very intelligent friends - they knew just what to do with a blaser

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip. Don't forget to post a video of Walter giving the camp staff that Swedish fish in the can.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2290 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Enjoy it Saeed
I’m heading out as we speak for month...Zim and SA

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have fun Saeed! I see you will have the pleasure of Dean as one of your Phs- you guys are in good hands!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you have a few Leupold scopes on your rifles. Have a great trip and don’t forget your annual pictures of ticks on the buff scrotum.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good luck

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Have fun Saeed! I see you will have the pleasure of Dean as one of your Phs- you guys are in good hands!

Dean is going to be looking after Dwight and Todd.

Wayne James will be their video man.

We have hunted with Dean before, and always look forward to seeing him again!

We had a bit of a mix up last time he was with us, hunting with my friend Chris.

They followed a herd of buffalo, and we were walking across the valleys, when we met the buffalo they were getting close too.

Neither of us knew of the others.

I shot a bull, and a few minutes Dean and Chris appeared! clap

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Show the targets, Saeed!

Sight unseen (assuming your friends are fair enough shots), I'd bet that Blaser shot bughole groups.

Bon voyage and bonne chasse!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13358 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck and safe travels!

Does Emirates charge you extra for bringing Walter? It seems from your writing that he needs his own stewardess for the whole flight!

Posts: 10511 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Safe travel my friend.

We look forward to reading your daily report.

Are you sure Walter is along for the trip.... your missing your pre trip pictures of the boy.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1567 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip Saeed!

And I love your range Cool

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What is the distance of that range? Very cool

Posts: 1 | Location: Charlie Lake BC | Registered: 13 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Good luck to all of the hunters! Can't wait for the daily updates. By the way, are those drawings in your gun room Walter's? rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Good luck to all of the hunters! Can't wait for the daily updates. By the way, are those drawings in your gun room Walter's? rotflmo

No.

Hesse drew these years ago.

One of them is of Walter clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Travel safely, have fun, shoot straight and take lots of pics!

Karl Evans

Posts: 2735 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Travel safely, have fun, shoot straight and take lots of pics!

We are going to be hard pressed on photos this year!

We might not have enough cameras.

Taking into consideration the cameras we have at camp, including all the Gopros and trail cameras, we probably have over 60.! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Have a blast Saeed and I wish you the best of luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36439 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's Todd going to shoot?

A .17 What? and what game?

Safe round trip and great hunt.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Very, very much looking forward to this!

Best of luck and happy hunting!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2311 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

I see the blaser your sneak in and shoot st night to enjoy what a real rifle should be.

I only stopped over in Dubai for 3 hrs on 26th.

I will be back in November on way to Moz and will WhatsApp you.

Have fun on your trip.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We just had breakfast at the Emirates Lounge.

I am the only one sitting at the table, as everyone has gone to do duty free shopping.

A few years back Walter bought a raffle ticket for a car, and won a BMW 8 series car!

He has been buying a ticket every year, but was unable to repeat his winning luck yet.

He thinks his friend DWIGHT will change his luck!

The pair of them walk so slow a leg less turtle would beat them!

A very nice lady from Emirates felt sorry for us being so slow, and decided to take us through staff elevators, otherwise we would not make it to the lounge to have breakfast before our flight!

Walter wants to hunt with Dwight!

He won’t.

If that happened they might as well stay in camp, a sloth would have a better chance at shooting a buffalo than either of them!

This is going to be fun rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Walter wants to hunt ... a sloth would have a better chance at shooting a buffalo ...!

Edited to protect the innocent.
I cannot believe Dwight could be anywhere near as slow as Walter.
I recognized Walter's portrait immediately in the background of your laboratory:

Break a leg!
tu2
Rip ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Happy hunting !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2255 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Safari njema/Travel safely.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
“Very nice lady” on that airline is quite a pretty lady.

Happy hunting, safe travels, and please keep us informed.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3429 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We just had breakfast at the Emirates Lounge.

I am the only one sitting at the table, as everyone has gone to do duty free shopping.

A few years back Walter bought a raffle ticket for a car, and won a BMW 8 series car!

He has been buying a ticket every year, but was unable to repeat his winning luck yet.

He thinks his friend DWIGHT will change his luck!

The pair of them walk so slow a leg less turtle would beat them!

A very nice lady from Emirates felt sorry for us being so slow, and decided to take us through staff elevators, otherwise we would not make it to the lounge to have breakfast before our flight!

Walter wants to hunt with Dwight!

He won’t.

If that happened they might as well stay in camp, a sloth would have a better chance at shooting a buffalo than either of them!

This is going to be fun rotflmo

You are terrible Saeed. Safe travels and happy hunting!

Regards

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, have a another safe and successful chapter with the Vincents. Looking forward to the regular updates.

Did I miss some pictures? I didn't see any of the airport ones.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:

Dean Kendall???
Outstanding PH!

Posts: 10120 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are in camp.

On the way from the air strip we saw a very old duggaboy!

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I just booked into a hotel
Off tomorrow morning to Harare

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Quiet night last night.

No hyenas to fight over bones as there are non.

Hippos from down the river were making a bit of a racket.

Should be out of camp by 6.

At least for us.

No idea what Team B and Team Z are getting up to.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Walter and Dwight: The Z Team ! animal

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are home for lunch.

I shotgun an impala for meat.

Dwight shot a wildebeest.

No sign of MAKTOUM and Walter.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
We are home for lunch.

I shotgun an impala for meat.

Dwight shot a wildebeest.

No sign of MAKTOUM and Walter.

Maybe no Walterable animals have shown up yet?

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote