THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Wanted: Vic Falls non-hunter tour plus Hunter combo package .

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted: Vic Falls non-hunter tour plus Hunter combo package .
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
Is there such a thing? The Wife likes tours, I want to hunt plains game while she does her thing. Am I looking for a needle in a haystack?
Within a hour or two if Vic Fallls would work. Zim side is preferred. All opinions or iformation welcomed.
thank you.
CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I would have suggested Richard and Belinda Cooke but not complete sure what their situation is these days. Maybe someone else knows. Richard was catching some flack from non-hunters a while back over a lion hunt.

Mike

Posts: 21193 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact Lindon Stanton with Mbalabala Safaris. He has several
hunting areas close to Vic Falls and should have the contacts
to make this happen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hwange National Park is near Vic Falls and they have some nice outfits that do tours. We did one there after our Safari in 2014.

Posts: 151 | Location: NC | Registered: 11 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We use Liz Read in Vic Falls and she arranges all sorts of things along with hotel stays not just in the Falls but all over that region. She could easily set your wife up with a few days in Hwange then back to the Falls or over to Chobe and then the Falls.

With fewer tourists right now she and you can do a lot of things in a short time. Definitely hit the Hotel and stay there, if not at least do high tea. They also arrange for COVID tests at the hotel.

Contact me by PM or Liz direct

elizabeth@zambezi.com

Posts: 394 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was just in Vic Falls. It is a ghost town. Should be able to find something easily.

Posts: 11946 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THere is a such a thing. We were in Matetsi in 2019, and I took my wife and then 16 year old daughter. They had a ground guide who took them into Vic Falls 3-4 days, and they came out a with me a few days and a few days they just relaxed around camp. Spent a day in Dubai on the way over

Great trip - highly recommend it. Hunted with Gary Hopkins.

Get with Mark Young - he's a booking agent, all over the offered hunts page - and he can help set it up.

Jeff

Posts: 93 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 07 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Contact Cheryl Hayes at https://www.exclusivetouchafrica.net/ . They were recommended to me by CMS. They will tailor a Vic Falls trip for you.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I would highly recommend Nigel Theisen. He is a PH who lives in Vic Falls in his own little compound which has a nice guest room. His significant other Kim manages a few businesses in town and is good with tours and other bookings. My wife and I have done it a few times. Nigel and I are close friends and am happy to help with contact. PM me if you like.

Nigel’s email is: nigeltheisen@gmail.com
WhatsApp: +263 77 232 4336

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36509 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses ladies and gentleman. I have several leads that I'm looking into. Much apppreciated.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Richard and Belinda Cooke are awesome. She is a travel/tour agent.

Posts: 389 | Location: Montana, USA | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
You should thoroughly enjoy it. I have done the tour twice and it included the helicopter ride, the booze cruise, staying at the Old Victoria Falls Hotel, the guided Falls Walk, the Boma Restaurant, the Old Victoria Falls Hotel breakfast and lunch buffets, the walk to the Gorge lookout near the railway/highway bridge and bungee jumping tower/spot, dinner at one of the Safari Lodge Restaurants which overlooks the game rich watering hole, etc. etc. Well, well, worth it! I believe that my tours might have been arranged through one of my Professional Hunters-I just can't recall right now, but will try and find out if I can. You also want to walk Vic Falls and shop in some of their shops and markets if possible. There are some safari areas just outside of Vic Falls that you might want to see if you can visit as well, but there is plenty to do in Vic Falls itself if you plan it out correctly.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks UEG. I've narrowed my choices way down for the hunt. Waiting for details of a package deal for sometime in June/July 2022. Actually, one person stands out as my best chance. Hope to hear something in the next week.

As for jaunts in Vic, should be plenty to do & eat over the 3 days in and near town. Probobly hit a mall or two via cab ride to avoid the outside pushy folks ( selling wares). I'll be danged, I may just make it to Afica after all.

quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
You should thoroughly enjoy it. I have done the tour twice and it included the helicopter ride, the booze cruise, staying at the Old Victoria Falls Hotel, the guided Falls Walk, the Boma Restaurant, the Old Victoria Falls Hotel breakfast and lunch buffets, the walk to the Gorge lookout near the railway/highway bridge and bungee jumping tower/spot, dinner at one of the Safari Lodge Restaurants which overlooks the game rich watering hole, etc. etc. Well, well, worth it! I believe that my tours might have been arranged through one of my Professional Hunters-I just can't recall right now, but will try and find out if I can. You also want to walk Vic Falls and shop in some of their shops and markets if possible. There are some safari areas just outside of Vic Falls that you might want to see if you can visit as well, but there is plenty to do in Vic Falls itself if you plan it out correctly.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Enjoy! You'll have a great time! tu2