New
Find
Notify
Tools

Embarrassing elephant hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If everyone will remember, Under Wild Skies was cancelled on certain networks over a Makris elephant hunt.

Why would they air another?

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
A subsidiary of Ackerman McQueen produced the show . The NRA and AM are in a bitter fight . Do the math.

Tony headed up the Mercury group, a subsidiary of AM, he was also president of Under Wild Skies Inc, which produced the show...so is Tony throwing Wayne under the bus or is AM throwing Tony and Wayne both under the bus?

This video I think is 8 years old - it would be owned by UWS/Makris, no?

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Its embarrassing because ol Wayne doesnt seem to be much of a hunter, and almost appears uncomfortable with a rifle; but he is an excellent con man than has diverted untold millions from 2A defense to his friends and their lavish lifestyles.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeez, this abortion of a hunt is also on YouTube under the caption:

"Video of NRA LEADER and his wife SHOOTING elephants LEAKED FOOTAGE of Wayne La Pierre is SHAMEFUL".

Posts: 1868 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It going to come towards us now, just wait.

Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait.

Wait, Wait, Wait.

Wait.

Boom

What a loser. Oh, and a thief POS.

Posts: 389 | Location: Montana, USA | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It was published in the Daily Mail UK today!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66755 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It didn’t look like either one really wanted to be there.

If that’s the case, they shouldn’t have went. The whole optic makes no sense as to this trip if he is unable or unwilling to make it look good. Supposedly this was a PR activity for the NRA. It doesn’t take much logic to show that this was not going to be a positive for the org, either internally ($$$ for fat cats to junket) or externally (what kind of additional membership draw would airing this show do for the NRA?).

As to the whole LaPierre thing, I’m not a fan of how he has been running the NRA. But that is a whole separate issue.

Posts: 10478 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
LaPierre put the elephant down with one shot.

He must have hit the brain (perhaps peripherally) or spine.

No fault at all to find there.

But one follow up shot through the brain at close range should have been all the follow up that was needed.

The PH was less than helpful in making that happen, and LaPierre should not have needed the PH's help in any case.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13328 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not the best advertising for hunting and hence the reason it was not aired on the show no doubt.

His shot spined the elephant. From what I saw he shot after the Ph was telling him to wait- that is the only fault I can see with the video. As for the finishing off shot/ shots we have all been there and I can assure you it ain't that simple when angles and another shooter is involved.His wife did well.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as hitting high he was using his scope at 6 feet....

Hence another good reason why a rifle being used for DG hunting should be fitted with QD scope mounts. coffee

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
As far as hitting high he was using his scope at 6 feet....

Hence another good reason why a rifle being used for DG hunting should be fitted with QD scope mounts. coffee

Not necessarily!

I don’t have open sights on my rifle.

One needs to know his gun.

The bloody idiot stayed behind taking ages to reload, while ever was ahead of his to the elephant!

A good sign of a bad hunter!

Posts: 66755 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I don't much care for W.LP., That said, I am guessing that he had his finger on the trigger instead of on the guard and had an AD. When he made the backup shot(finally) he did not hit where his PH wanted, but when asked to shoot again, what I heard makes me think that WLP misunderstood and thought he was supposed to repeat the shot that he had just made. In the heat of the moment, confusion reigns, I think if the PH was worried, he would have put in a backup shot. I know that on both of my safaris, I made it clear to the PH's that group safety came first and not to hesitate on the backup, if needed. I have never had buckfever until after everything was over, but I have still blown a few shots and am not ashamed to admit it. Shit Happens!
I remember years ago at DSC, lots of the AR group would gather at the Comfort Inn every year for a party. Lots of serious hunters with many safaris under their belt. In the wee hours of the morning, with most of the crowd gone, everybody possibly was a bit overserved, Thats when the truth would come out about bad shots, stupid mistakes, whatever, and the fact is that for most of us amateurs we should be damn grateful for the discretion of a good PH!
The things that made me shake my head were hunting Ele's with Hubble telescopes and slings at 50 yards which seems like a recipe for disaster, but what do I know? I do have a bit more respect for WLP in his choice of wives, Just like my wife, I'd hunt dangerous game with her anywhere, she a'int scared!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2247 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I really get from it is is that he isn't a great shot, and he doesn't listen very well: "Wait, wait, wait....wait, wait" Boom!

But his wife listens, controls her nerves better and is a better shooter. And she's better looking too rotflmo

Other than that, it's hunting, not every animal will die immediately at the first shot.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
I don't much care for W.LP., That said, I am guessing that he had his finger on the trigger instead of on the guard and had an AD. When he made the backup shot(finally) he did not hit where his PH wanted, but when asked to shoot again, what I heard makes me think that WLP misunderstood and thought he was supposed to repeat the shot that he had just made. In the heat of the moment, confusion reigns, I think if the PH was worried, he would have put in a backup shot. I know that on both of my safaris, I made it clear to the PH's that group safety came first and not to hesitate on the backup, if needed. I have never had buckfever until after everything was over, but I have still blown a few shots and am not ashamed to admit it. Shit Happens!
I remember years ago at DSC, lots of the AR group would gather at the Comfort Inn every year for a party. Lots of serious hunters with many safaris under their belt. In the wee hours of the morning, with most of the crowd gone, everybody possibly was a bit overserved, Thats when the truth would come out about bad shots, stupid mistakes, whatever, and the fact is that for most of us amateurs we should be damn grateful for the discretion of a good PH!
The things that made me shake my head were hunting Ele's with Hubble telescopes and slings at 50 yards which seems like a recipe for disaster, but what do I know? I do have a bit more respect for WLP in his choice of wives, Just like my wife, I'd hunt dangerous game with her anywhere, she a'int scared!

Anyone who denies piss poor shooting at one time or another is either lying, or a beginner or both.

I've made plenty and learned early on to simply own up to it. Everyone in the hunting party will respect you, rather than know you're completely full of shit.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3342 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The point which some here seem to miss is, this was NOT an ordinary hunt.

It was designed from the beginning as an advert for Wayne.

He failed miserably in it, just as he had failed the NRA!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
Anyone who denies piss poor shooting at one time or another is either lying, or a beginner or both.

I've made plenty and learned early on to simply own up to it. Everyone in the hunting party will respect you, rather than know you're completely full of shit.

But was it really piss poor shooting on his part? I think he just didn't understand where exactly he should be aiming. First, he was told to wait, but still took the shot, and his first shot wasn't actually a bad shot, the elephant went down instantly.

But then he was shooting from a very short range at quite a big, stationary target. He was told where to shoot but apparently shot somewhere else. I hope he knew where the vitals of the elephant were, but possibly between the nerves getting the best of him, his unsure knowledge of elephants anatomy when an elephant is lying on the ground, and not really understanding where the PH told him to shoot, he was aiming at a different place then where the PH wanted him to shoot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BushPeter:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:

But was it really piss poor shooting on his part? I think he just didn't understand where exactly he should be aiming. First, he was told to wait, but still took the shot, and his first shot wasn't actually a bad shot, the elephant went down instantly.

But then he was shooting from a very short range at quite a big, stationary target. He was told where to shoot but apparently shot somewhere else. I hope he knew where the vitals of the elephant were, but possibly between the nerves getting the best of him, his unsure knowledge of elephants anatomy when an elephant is lying on the ground, and not really understanding where the PH told him to shoot, he was aiming at a different place then where the PH wanted him to shoot.

No, I don't think it was poor shooting. My comment was directed at lee440's comment. We all have had those times.

Folks on internet forums get very tribal. Everyone, other than "on of us" is a poor shot, a rookie, or....

It's the internet in general. I'm on a boating forum, they will make fun of others misfortune at a boat ramp and refer to everyone other than forum members as idiots.

Wayne was very nervous. I was very nervous on my first Elephant as well. I was shaking like a dog shitting peach seeds. I concentrated, pull it off and made a perfect frontal brain shot, as my desire.

However, I have made an unholy mess out of slam dunk shots. I shot a EA Eland in the knee a couple years ago. It was a 100 yard standing, broadside shot. I simply rushed it, because it was so easy.

Or the Lion in Zambia I shot in the foot.

I don't allow my ego to get in the way of a good hunting story, even if I'm the butt of the story.

It happens.

wave

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3342 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most movie scenes are shot 10 times and the best one selected! This may have been planned as an episode for NRA TV, but does anyone know if it was ever aired!??

Yesterday anti hunting BBC had it as part of their news feed scrolling at the bottom of the screen!

Wayne may have many faults and be a crook of the highest order, but this elephant hunt is nothing to belittle him for IMO! Yes he looked nervous but so does everyone when you walk up to an elephant. Unless you are Buzz Wink

Posts: 2531 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree they should have used a pre 64 Win 70 African or a fine old double gun.

I totally disagree! Elephants and double rifles go together like no other firearm!
The fact that this film should have been destroyed and wasn't, before it could be used by the antis, Was one of the worse mistakes I have ever seen and posted here as well. It certainly didn't help our position with the ignorant public who see nothing wrong with walking a steer into a stall and brain him with a sledge hammer so they can have some fine steaks while they criticize some one standing with nothing between himself and a Ten ton elephant but 20 feet of grass. That condition would scare hell out of most anti hunters who would piss their pants and forget where the trigger was on the gun they were holding.
The thing with Wayne is another matter all together! His conduct here in this video, along with his already public reputation, didn't make the NRA stand in a good light with the antis either.
........................................................... old MacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MacD37: "Elephants and double rifles go together like no other firearm!"

The recently posted clips by Nhoro prove your point and that young man handled that double well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:
I agree they should have used a pre 64 Win 70 African or a fine old double gun.

I totally disagree! Elephants and double rifles go together like no other firearm!
The fact that this film should have been destroyed and wasn't, before it could be used by the antis, Was one of the worse mistakes I have ever seen and posted here as well. It certainly didn't help our position with the ignorant public who see nothing wrong with walking a steer into a stall and brain him with a sledge hammer so they can have some fine steaks while they criticize some one standing with nothing between himself and a Ten tone elephant but 20 feet of grass. That condition would scare hell out of most anti hunters who would piss their pants and forget where the trigger was on the gun they were holding.
The thing with Wayne is another matter all together! His conduct here in this video, along with his already public reputation, didn't make the NRA stand in a good light with the antis either.
........................................................... old MacD37

Mac, That ship has sailed.

The fact that even on AR, we will still argue that the posting of these type films and photos are extraordinarily damaging to what's left of our sport has me flummoxed.

The content of the video isn't the problem, its the fact it ever even saw the light of day. My first Elephant was videoed by a friend. It's on a DVD. Never has it been on the internet.

There is an element of us that have an "in your face" attitude about this. There is no successful outcome to challenging the anti-hunting or even the fence sitters.

The problem, as I see it is; Those that adopt that attitude, have removed my and others ability to fly under the radar. We are all painted with the same brush at this point.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Upton O. Good
posted Hide Post
Wayne failed on a number of levels. His muzzle discipline was horrible, his PH had to keep looking back to find him( he should have been no more than 10 feet back), his stopping for whatever reason was assi ike and he endangered himself and every person in that party. You hunt dangerous game? You do exactly what the PH revues with you before you leave the truck.

And he definitely screwed up on the NRA management which is why a lot of board members qui. “The buck stops here” is a his feet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed: Move this BS to the same thread that bashes other high profile folks like Boddington.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 481 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
At least Craig has a clue. Wayne doesn’t.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Too much focus on Wayne.
You're forgetting his hot wife.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Too much focus on Wayne.

Cal, You've been exiled in the bush, FAR too long.

Cool

Formerly "Nganga"

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Too much focus on Wayne.

His wife does not run the NRA.

And as the old saying goes, behind every great man there is a greater woman.

In this case, we have no idea what is behind him!

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I am surprised that no one has posted the NEWYORKER Magazine article??!! It is a real Hack job on WLP and more so on the NRA!!
Makes my blood boil!!
Frankly, it is better that it dies and gets no more eyes on, especially if our foes are reading here in amusement... and disdain??
The self centered greed and arrogance by WLP, some management and Board Members that is being played out in the court rooms is simply astonishing.... I have a hard time believing it after a long Corporate career in a Fortune 100 family managed company where ethics were preached daily!!
Sadly we have been duped.... and the attorneys are getting rich!!
I can only hope that there are some very strong and concerned players left who will pick up the pieces and make the NRA the 900lb Gorilla we need to defend our rights with the new gun aggressive Administration!!

A streamlined Board... and management, WITH TERM LIMITS!! TO STRONG FOR TO LONG IS OFTEN A DISASTER!!.... think the US Legislature for example!!

NUff SAID!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2539 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very awkward in both cases! You would have thought they had never hunted before. Not a good look but they did get their elephants.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
Why was the PH telling him to aim low? At that range with a scope he should have been aiming high to compensate for the height distance between the scope and barrel. Wayne should have known that.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 632 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I commented above only on the shot and follow up shot. Not on the leadership qualities or judgment of the shooter.

But now, further to that:

A Texas judge today ruled that the NRA had no business filing for bankruptcy, and ruled strongly against the organization’s rationale, or more properly, against LaPierre’s rationale, for doing so. It turns out that he did not even inform most of the board of directors before moving forward with the filing.

In my view, he needs to resign now, and if he does not resign, then the board needs to remove him. His actions have put our great organization in a bad and weak position at the worst possible time.

Now, I think I may understand why Tom Selleck and others have in recent times decided to resign from the board.

It pains me to say this, but LaPierre needs to go, now.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13328 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
He would never have gone elephant hunting if he was not representing the NRA!

It was all for show.

To show him in a great light!

I am surprised SCI have not given him HUNTER OF THE YEAR award! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
There are a number of major embarrassing aspects to this hunt.

1. He failed to listen to the PH when telling him to wait. Probably a result of the situational adrenalin. Not an excuse though.
2. His reloading caused him to drop back from the PH.
a) He seemed unfamilar with his weapon, and with the 'Blazer' sponsored link to the hunt I must assume he was never comfortable with it.
b) His dropping back could well have resulted in a tragic situation. They ALL had no definitive idea of the shot placement, other than the elephant dropping. What may have happened if the elephant got back to its feet?
3. The PH himself, in my opinion, was under the control of Makris, and was, I assume, instructed to act in a certain manner with the "VIP" client. A good PH is the one who has complete control of everyone's actions within the hunting group.
4. The poor follow up shot placement I again blame on the unfamiliarity of WLP with his weapon, and dare I say it, is unfamiliarity with the anatomy of his quarry.
5. Lastly, and in my opinion the worst part of the whole filmed farce, was the showering of adulation onto the client for a job "well done". What a load of crock !!!

Rant over.

Posts: 533 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
I commented above only on the shot and follow up shot. Not on the leadership qualities or judgment of the shooter.

But now, further to that:

A Texas judge today ruled that the NRA had no business filing for bankruptcy, and ruled strongly against the organization’s rationale, or more properly, against LaPierre’s rationale, for doing so. It turns out that he did not even inform most of the board of directors before moving forward with the filing.

In my view, he needs to resign now, and if he does not resign, then the board needs to remove him. His actions have put our great organization in a bad and weak position at the worst possible time.

Now, I think I may understand why Tom Selleck and others have in recent times decided to resign from the board.

It pains me to say this, but LaPierre needs to go, now.

I hear you.

It seems to me that by virtue of making the bankruptcy filing without Board approval or even knowledge, WLP may well have created problems for both him and the board. What would you do if you were on the Board and found out that these actions were taken? I’d quit as soon as I heard about the bankruptcy filing .

One of the major problems is the size of the board. It is absurd. Unworkable.

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil-PH:
There are a number of major embarrassing aspects to this hunt.

1. He failed to listen to the PH when telling him to wait. Probably a result of the situational adrenalin. Not an excuse though.
2. His reloading caused him to drop back from the PH.
a) He seemed unfamilar with his weapon, and with the 'Blazer' sponsored link to the hunt I must assume he was never comfortable with it.
b) His dropping back could well have resulted in a tragic situation. They ALL had no definitive idea of the shot placement, other than the elephant dropping. What may have happened if the elephant got back to its feet?
3. The PH himself, in my opinion, was under the control of Makris, and was, I assume, instructed to act in a certain manner with the "VIP" client. A good PH is the one who has complete control of everyone's actions within the hunting group.
4. The poor follow up shot placement I again blame on the unfamiliarity of WLP with his weapon, and dare I say it, is unfamiliarity with the anatomy of his quarry.
5. Lastly, and in my opinion the worst part of the whole filmed farce, was the showering of adulation onto the client for a job "well done". What a load of crock !!!

Rant over.

Seconded on every point quoted.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Until last year I held an NRA membership for almost 50 years.
LaPierre it seems is a self dealing charlatan that has used the NRA as private piggy bank for himself and his cronies. What has he done for the NRA? Very likely he has set in motion its destruction. What a shame that an organization that so ably represented our rights as gun owners has fallen and continues to fall so far.

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
Mark Twain

Posts: 663 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too many NRA staff members have resigned because of Wayne, he should go.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seriously, WLP looked like he had rarely/never even held a firearm before. He is head of the NRA... WTH??

The adulation from Makris... "Wayne you hit this elephant right where you should" was pure ass kissing, and actually more than a little bizarre. My wife started busting up at that part.

And again, if WLP wasn't an ass-douche of the highest pinnacle, I never would have commented at all.

And yes, Cal, his wife is pretty cute. Gets a couple bonus points for a fun personality.

Posts: 429 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
FYI, his wife is said to have Parkinson's disease these days.
There is indication that WLP is showing some symptoms as well....

470EDDY

Posts: 2539 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
My friends and fellow hunters: lots of mud slinging here, but all one must do is read the thousands of anti-hunting comments left after the video: 3.1K negative vs 732 likes. This is the eventuality future of hunting: Nadda, gone, extinct as the Labrador duck. Some question where or who "discovered" this video. It was Mike Spies of the Trace. I have been interviewed by the Trace and kept my name anonymous. I am close to the lawsuit against Wayne and it has multiple facets which the vast majority of NRA members are unaware. Gossip is a dangerous thing; it has sank untold numbers of warships, careers and futures. If the anti's don't destroy us, we will destroy ourselves. I have met Wayne before and for a considerable time, he was our best advocate. The 2nd amendment would have been toast long ago. However, as many of you has stated, Wayne changed over time and began to use the NRA's bank as his own personal checking account. Not just Wayne, but many of his minions who call themselves "Board Members." Major corporations have 6,12,20 board members; do you know how many are on the NRA Board of Directors? Do you know why Wayne fired Ollie North? Chris Cox? It's all public now and if we are to save the NRA, the 2nd Amendment, hunting...we best learn how to work together, not against ourselves. Just sayin'. LDK

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote