Notify
Tools

Embarrassing elephant hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gc14LK4n5ZE

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's so embarrassing about it? Two good elephants down on the first shot. Wayne's required some back up shots but so what.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wayne's hunt looked like a clusterF... to my eyes. He was nervous & looked totally out of place through the whole scene.

PH: "wait... wait... wait..." BANG!!!
Then he's trying to collect his brass after the first shot.
Can't figure out where to aim on the shots that were supposed to be finishers, despite PH walking over to the animal and pointing. If he was hunting solo and that ele got up, he would have been squashed.

Then someone tells him 'aim low'... WRONG, aim a little higher as the bore is below the center of the scope.

I wouldn't normally post negative comments on someone's hunt, but after what he's done at NRA, screw him in the eye.

Posts: 429 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gc14LK4n5ZE

I wonder who the genius was who kept that video around to begin with.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9401 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think we'd all like to be as cool as Clark Gable in Mogambo but it just aint the case. Wayne did not have his finest hour in that video but most of us are going to have a total fuck up if we hunt long enough. Unfortunately for Wayne he's pretty high profile in the gun/hunting industry and we may hold him to a little higher standard because of that.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
I could never be a P.H.

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Wayne should be in jail, not on YouTube....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Guys , anyone can be nervous in elephant hunting situations
He had complete buck fever
I’m pretty sure some of you fuckers never had buck fever?
Especially on Elephant?
Gee, some of you are just fucking high and mighty pricks...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Especially on Elephant?

Lots of people have erectile dysfunction too, but they don't keep video of it.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9401 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Especially on Elephant?

No, Wayne is a high and mighty prick who managed to fleece the NRA for literally millions of dollars. thumbdown

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Still, after reading what some of you wrote, I expected something bad and it was just elephant hunt and shaken up hunter
Wayne ran NRA and well, Libs got the better of him and some of you hunters just jumped on antis band wagon...shame on you

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Wayne's hunt looked like a clusterF... to my eyes. He was nervous & looked totally out of place through the whole scene.

Exactly!

That stupid idiot should never have been hunting, let alone elephant hunting.

I bet he was there only for show, he did not look anywhere near being a hunter at all!

No shame on us.

HE is the one who should be shameful.

He had no business hunting, and he proved it beyond any doubt.

His only reason for being there is to pull the wool over us, while he was fleecing the NRA!

Shame on HIM!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like I said, I usually would not post a negative comment. But after what Wayne has done at NRA, I decided to just let fly. But still, my statements are just my opinion.

He looked so out of place, it's what I'd expect to see if you handed Paris Hilton a 470.

I didn't jump on the anti's bandwagon in any way. That dude fleeced every member of the NRA & has earned a lot more negative comments than what I threw.

I do think everyone will have to admit... If Wayne had gotten squashed by that Ele, could have saved the NRA a lot of grief though. He has set the organization back by years, possibly decades. And they've set themselves back by keeping him around.

Posts: 429 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wayne does look very uncomfortable in that setting. Possibly not buck fever, but feverish looking and almost looks like he wants to throw up. The PH seems nervous about his demeanour.

Given the choice I would rather hunt with his wife. She looks cool and in control on her elephant even though it's likely her first ever.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1992 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Watched the video with interest. My observations:

1.Wayne looked nervous and inexperienced. Buck fever? It's happened to all of us.

2. The film went public via The New Yorker magazine. Did you read all of the negative comments that followed? We are fighting a losing battle, folks.

3. Wayne has a hot wife. Small boobs but very pretty face. And, she hunts! She handled the recoil well, I thought.

4. The rifle was as ugly as Janet Reno in a thong.

Cheers, all,
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:

1.Wayne looked nervous and inexperienced. Buck fever? It's happened to all of us.

2. The film went public via The New Yorker magazine. Did you read all of the negative comments that followed? We are fighting a losing battle, folks.

3. Wayne has a hot wife. Small boobs but very pretty face. And, she hunts! She handled the recoil well, I thought.

4. The rifle was as ugly as Janet Reno in a thong.

Cheers, all,
Cal

Cal, we all know about you and Janet Reno. You can’t sofa ...

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
What a shit show. I wish most hunters would just not share their videos, or at least exercise better judgement in what gets shown. This video is exactly the kind of crap the anti’s feed on. Wayne LaPierre is simply an embarrassment in this instance.

Posts: 3833 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to know where the New Yorker got ahold of that video. It's been known to exist for some time but Under Wild Skies never aired it, for obvious reasons.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2786 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Wow! I just watched it and while it one to criticize the marksmanship of another, it did appear he was not practicing some of the most basic rules of safety. It seemed his finger was inside the trigger guard a few times when it should not have been and may have had some poor muzzle control.

I understand the anti-sling guys after seeing hers get tangled up with the shooting sticks. I use a sling, but try to keep taut with my off hand while on sticks. However, I have also seen the PH pull low and aft on the sticks to reposition on follow up to prevent a hang up.

As far as Wayne, he let power and money go to his head. He has been Executive Director (or whatever) for as long as as I can remember. I do know he has fought for our rights and I’m thankful for that. I do tire of the mailing and calls asking for more money, almost like a televangelist.

I have enjoyed Tony’s shows, but you could definitely see how he would’ve dropped to his knees if Wayne told him so.

Chuck Norris should take over.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
It would be interesting to know where the New Yorker got ahold of that video. It's been known to exist for some time but Under Wild Skies never aired it, for obvious reasons.

An editor and producer were named at the end, and I doubt they were the UWS crew.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
What a shit show. I wish most hunters would just not share their videos, or at least exercise better judgement in what gets shown. This video is exactly the kind of crap the anti’s feed on. Wayne LaPierre is simply an embarrassment in this instance.

I understand Wayne and the NRA didn't show the video--they probably knew it was not one to be shown to the public. Wayne can't be critized for it's release. It was the New Yorker trying to stir the shit pot.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
We all have made mistakes while hunting and if someone saw us...well , that being said, just look at half the hunting videos out there and they are lot worse then this one
We are just people and act under duress in so many different ways...
Antis will. Use anything against us until we don’t exist...

“ Hávamál”

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not to take a dig at Blaser as that is not my intention

But one would think if you are portraying a leadership role on camera of a uniquely American institution you might want to use an American manufactured rifle. The list I'm told is pretty long.

Perhaps a Pre-64 Winchester Model 70 Super-grade 458 Winchester would have seemed fitting for the leader of the NRA, maybe a G&H, a Dakota, a Remington 700 for gosh sakes

But No ! Sponsorship apparently trumps everything

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot of comments that have been posted have to do with Wayne screwing the NRA or other BS! Nothing to do with the hunt itself. So start a new thread if that's what you wish to sound off on!

The video is from Botswana with Calitz and his crew, probably from some years ago.

The video has been posted by the antis who have somehow got it and added crap comments to make him look bad.

I did not see anything wrong with the video of the hunt or conduct of the client or PHs (they are some of the best in the business). Not everyone has shot 100s of elephants to be so cooool when hunting them and can handle a rifle like they are born with it in their hands.

I don't know anything about Wayne or his wife's hunting experiences, but the unfortunate thing about hunting is that a total novice can buy an elephant, lion or other big hunt i.e. one of the top hunting experiences but will still be a novice at the end of it. A far different cry from someone who has grown up in the sport and climbed the ladder over many years, building experience on the way. I personally know people who have shot lion and elephant who frankly can just about load their rifle!

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

Posts: 2532 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WAYNE needs to see the inside of a prison for fleecing the NRA. It was certainly a shameful hunt for both. Neither knew what to do or how to do it. It showed disrespect for these beautiful animals.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
A lot of comments that have been posted have to do with Wayne screwing the NRA or other BS! Nothing to do with the hunt itself. So start a new thread if that's what you wish to sound off on!

The video is from Botswana with Calitz and his crew, probably from some years ago.

The video has been posted by the antis who have somehow got it and added crap comments to make him look bad.

I did not see anything wrong with the video of the hunt or conduct of the client or PHs (they are some of the best in the business). Not everyone has shot 100s of elephants to be so cooool when hunting them and can handle a rifle like they are born with it in their hands.

I don't know anything about Wayne or his wife's hunting experiences, but the unfortunate thing about hunting is that a total novice can buy an elephant, lion or other big hunt i.e. one of the top hunting experiences but will still be a novice at the end of it. A far different cry from someone who has grown up in the sport and climbed the ladder over many years, building experience on the way. I personally know people who have shot lion and elephant who frankly can just about load their rifle!

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509

The problem with this video is it was NOT hunt for hunting sake.

It was done to promote him as head of the NRA!

And that he has failed miserably!

He showed himself to be a total amateur.

It is most certainly not the best way to show a man running an organization like the NRA!

You right, there are many horrible hunting videos on YouTube.

But this is entirely different, for a different reason.

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509

Thanks Arjun
Yes, elephant hunting can be rough and I know for sure that most complainers here would be shaken up or were shaken up
I admit, my first one was and I have never been guided before and I faced some scary situations before
It’s sad to see everyone here unloading on Wayne for whatever jealous reason there may be...

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then someone tells him 'aim low'... WRONG, aim a little higher as the bore is below the center of the scope.

Wouldn't someone need to aim low if they were flinching / jerking the trigger due to being recoil shy? [It's a genuine question...]

If so, I wonder if maybe they're telling him to aim low because he's been observed flinching / jerking the trigger and hitting high on previous shots?

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."

Posts: 411 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: 10 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My turn.

All organizations need to be refreshed from time to time. The NRA board should take control and fire Wayne.

As for the hunt: at least he got off the truck and approached the elephant.

The two things I like to do most are hunting and screwing and I don’t want to see a video of me doing either!

I agree about the wife!

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
LaPierre kinda sucked.

The wife did perform a perfect brain shot. Did not really need the insurance shot at all.

Blasers? Really?

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wayne's gun handling was a bit of a head scratcher but the shooting overall was pretty good I thought, especially his wife.

Posts: 488 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drongo:
My turn.

All organizations need to be refreshed from time to time. The NRA board should take control and fire Wayne.

As for the hunt: at least he got off the truck and approached the elephant.

The two things I like to do most are hunting and screwing and I don’t want to see a video of me doing either!

I agree about the wife!

+1

Posts: 1049 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:

Wayne looked nervous and inexperienced.

Wayne has a hot wife. Small boobs but very pretty face.

The rifle was as ugly as Janet Reno in a thong.

Cheers, all,
Cal

CAL: Some excellent comments regarding WLP. Careful what you say about Janet Reno- that's Chelsea Clinton's father. You might get "Arkansided" like Vince Foster and others.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
LaPierre kinda sucked.

The wife did perform a perfect brain shot. Did not really need the insurance shot at all.

Blasers? Really?

May be Blaser paid him more than anyone else to us it?

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I've been wrong all along. Posting MORE videos and hero shots will certainly extend the life of our sport.

More dopey videos of famous guys screwing shit up, more hero shots of hot chicks holding sex toys and animal hearts.

In your face hunting pictures is our right and we shouldn't hide our sport from anyone....

We as a group ruined this sport by our own hand.

FFS.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3342 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was filmed for "Under Wild Skies", a program featuring Tony Makris, who is a big Blaser man. One show had him helping design and build his own super fancy Blaser. The NRA was sponsor of the show. Part of the NRA infighting involved the show (not this episode, the show in general). I agree they should have used a pre 64 Win 70 African or a fine old double gun.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
The way i understand it is the NRA paid Makris for advertising, Makris took the money and made UWS and NRA sponsored it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

LApierre always reminded me of the guy who ran Sportsmans Warehouse. HE wasnt into hunting until he bought a hunting company (which he was initially brought in to liquidate). Then all the sudden he showed up in pics all over the walls. I think he's selling olive oil now...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A subsidiary of Ackerman McQueen produced the show . The NRA and AM are in a bitter fight . Do the math.

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
A subsidiary of Ackerman McQueen produced the show . The NRA and AM are in a bitter fight . Do the math.

A classic example of a dickhead and an asshole in a love fight! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As far as hitting high he was using his scope at 6 feet....

Not everything is a Clark Gable moment. I have one in particular I can remember.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote