Find
Notify
Tools

Latest on DSC
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The entire testing industry popped up overnite. You can be sure they are lobbying to never do away with testing..

It's like a gold rush. You want to be the guy selling shovels, not the one mining gold.

I opted out this year due to unrelated health issues. Wish I had gone to Dallas. Ended up passing out in a doctor's office, smashing my head and getting a concussion. Surely, covid can't be any worse than that!
Best to all and safe travels.
kh

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back to the actual show . I have had some say very positive things . I have had some say negative things . More good than bad.

One said it was “a dumpster fire for COVID .”

In the final analysis , I think DSC rolled the dice . A lot of things went their way. Clay Jenkins issued no adverse orders . The travel ban was ended .

In the final analysis, the money raised at the auctions will determine if the show was a financial success or not. I have no idea how these went.

Posts: 11957 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Back to the actual show . I have had some say very positive things . I have had some say negative things . More good than bad.

In the final analysis , I think DSC rolled the dice . A lot of things went their way. Clay Jenkins issued no adverse orders . The travel ban was ended .

In the final analysis, the money raised at the auctions will determine if the show was a financial success or not. I have no idea how these went.

Life back to normal is what we all wish for.

Sounds great.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66934 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did anyone ever make use of the AR room at the DSC convention? I stopped in multiple time and really never ran into any other member. I did run into one other person on Friday when we both were checking it out.

I may have seen Dave Fulson doing some camera testing this morning but that was that.

John Richardson
No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money
Http://onlygunsandmoney.com

Posts: 67 | Location: Asheville, NC  | Registered: 21 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I was there on Friday. The show seemed pretty good to me. Saw some old and new friends.

I'm doing my best to go about life as normal. My son didn't want to go due to the Covid threat. I refuse to be scared. I'm vaxed and had the booster last week. I figure we are all going to get it at some point. It's with us. I'm not giving up on living a normal life.

I've been to 4 concerts since live shows resumed. We eat out regularly. We'll continue to do so even after it finally hits us. I'm glad I went, regardless of if I come down with Covid from the show.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
I was there on Friday. The show seemed pretty good to me. Saw some old and new friends.

I'm doing my best to go about life as normal. My son didn't want to go due to the Covid threat. I refuse to be scared. I'm vaxed and had the booster last week. I figure we are all going to get it at some point. It's with us. I'm not giving up on living a normal life.

I've been to 4 concerts since live shows resumed. We eat out regularly. We'll continue to do so even after it finally hits us. I'm glad I went, regardless of if I come down with Covid from the show.

Fantastic!

That is the spirit.

Exactly what I have been doing.

Carry with life.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66934 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:

Maybe the best way to kill off this virus is to embrace it?

I am with you Todd.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9867 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto Todd and Andrew.

I have never changed the way I live.
I treated Covid exactly like I treat the flu, go on living.

Cheers

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Life back to normal is what we all wish for.

Sounds great.

The only way for that ^^^ to occur is to end this bloody useless testing before international flights. Which in today’s pandemic…makes zero sense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36546 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
I'm local but didn't make it this year. I developed symptoms on Friday and tested positive Saturday.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thought DSC did a great job at the show. Was there Thursday to Saturday. Very few empty booths as far as I saw.

Posts: 81 | Location: Buckholts, Texas | Registered: 11 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went this AM and looked to be a good showing. Steady stream of people. Wife and I both had a great time and look forward to going next year.
Got to meet Matt and his wife with MNR Custom Guns. Saw that .404 beauty he had taken to Africa. He built a sister one in .243 for his wife. Gotta tell ya it was had to walk away from. And both Matt and his wife were just as nice as they could be.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We were there all day on Friday. We had a blast.

The crowd did look below normal for Friday.

In spite of the light crowd, the outfitters did look busy. The guys that we chatted with, said they were selling hunts.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1284 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We were there for opening day. As always, we thoroughly enjoyed the show!

Excellent job by DSC!

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching". - John Wooden

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All things considered, I think DSC had about the best show they could have hoped for. Lots of happy exhibitors and pretty good crowds of attendees…though I’m certain numbers were down from past conventions (no surprise there), I didn’t attend any of the evening banquets for the first time since 2007 but I did follow the nightly suctions and the seemed to do pretty well, with several items selling over stated value. I did hear some complaints about banquet food and “silly” awards at banquets as well as complaints about the lack of carpet in the exhibit hall Eeker Jewelers, tailors and some others thought the lack of carpet “cheapened” the show. Didn’t matter to me, but the reasons given to exhibitors for mot having carpet were ridiculous. I do think there will be a huge number of covid cases among those that attended, as another put it “a dumpster fire of covid”. I hope that those AR members that attended that might have contracted this virus have a very mild case and that any “surge” doesn’t affect the upcoming shows in Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. Both of those show need to happen and do well also.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2744 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
We were there Saturday and Sunday and (thankfully) were able to stay at the Omni. The exhibitors we talked to all claimed an excellent show. We rebooked everything for this year. I have always kept my vaccinations up to date for any international travel and I have had 3 covid shots. We are not going to waste anymore of our precious time here on this planet hiding from the covid boogyman.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I have missed this convention and I sure miss going and seeing friends.
Both of us, wife and I have had all shots and the booster. My wife has a weakened immune system. So I have to be very careful not to bring it home... I even had the booster and flu shot together in each arm with no problems.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted Hide Post
I was on the fence about attending but in the end went Friday-Sunday ,I went fully Vaxed and boosted .
Friday had a good amount attendee’s but you could tell a bit down from years before, Saturday was even better on numbers from what I could tell , but again slightly lower than usual and the same for Sunday never overly crowded but not empty and really the best day for getting around fast.
One of my favorite things to do at DSC is lending a hand with Security and pushing the Coffee cart in the mornings giving free coffee to everyone as they are getting ready to start the day,, By the time they start rolling in Sunday morning the many late nights are beginning to take there toll ( Me Included ) and everyone’s ready for the show to be over .
I hear over and over how much DSC goes over the top in Hospitality , that people at this show are so friendly and ready to help anyway they can,, and how much the free coffee is just the best thing ever,, Pushing the cart is a great gig if you ever get the chance to. It gives me a chance to talk to them for a minute find out what “ They Think about “ how the show is going .

Overall This year ,, Complaints were few and far between ,, it was a bit warm on Saturday and Sunday it was down right chilly when you first got their ,,, Lines for a drink were long ,, and ran out of beer Frequently and over priced , no surprises there. Yes I heard that the Numbers were down but Everyone was expecting that so all good there ,, Most everyone was booking good numbers and making good contacts ,, Good ,, Ever Single Person,,, Its just so good to be back at it,,, be around everyone and see old friends ,, feal normal ,, I don’t know how much money was spent , how much was raised I don’t know Much ,,But I do know it was “ Good to Just be back at It” Looking forward to Next Year and I hope anyone who comes down with Covid (And I’m Shure there will be) has mild symptoms and none lead to Hospitalization or worse .

Posts: 131 | Location: oklahoma city ,oklahoma ,usa | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Were you the one that gave me a belt for breakdown? Thank you so much! Saved my night!

One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted Hide Post
It was not much of a belt,, glad to hear it might have helped and you made it out ok ,,

Posts: 131 | Location: oklahoma city ,oklahoma ,usa | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
Made it Friday all day, and glad we went.

Maybe a bit lite for Friday, but certainly not bad. Seemed like people were there to buy, and the outfitters we visited with echoed that observation.

Myself, wife and oldest son all vaccinated, but before Christmas we all came down with COVID - along with middle son and the youngest - daughter.

Relatively mild symptoms (still recovering from loss of taste and smell), and negative by convention time.

Very glad DSC pressed forward. It's the only convention I routinely attend and support.

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm wondering if there were any COVID cases reported after attending DSC?? I hope NOT!!

I did finally hear from my travel agent, she advises:
NO TESTING for Vax'd airline passengers traveling Domestic or Hawaii, you MUST present your Vax certificates.
Hawaii is still requiring an extensive Health Questionnaire for entry.

Off to SCI and Beinfeld shows tomorrow. We are driving!! See Y'all there...

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
Well, I'm wondering if there were any COVID cases reported after attending DSC?? I hope NOT!!

NO TESTING for Vax'd airline passengers traveling Domestic or Hawaii, you MUST present your Vax certificates.

CheerZ,

There were definitely cases.

I just heard from some friends about the Sheep Show. According to my friend , some exhibitors didn’t show due to COVID . Some, for lack of a better term, abandoned their booths due to falling ill.

Everyone best be careful in Vegas.

Posts: 11957 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
OH BOY.... Into the Jaws of the Lion... or is it the Chinese Devil??!!

Hope you are well!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:

CheerZ,

There were definitely cases.

I just heard from some friends about the Sheep Show. According to my friend , some exhibitors didn’t show due to COVID . Some, for lack of a better term, abandoned their booths due to falling ill.

Everyone best be careful in Vegas.

Have you decided to pass on Vegas, Larry?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No. We are going absent some unknown calamity.