THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Michel Mantheakis series for DSC Foundation

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michel Mantheakis series for DSC Foundation
 Login/Join

posted
Excuse me if this has been posted previously (I searched but did not see it), but I wanted to share the link to the second in the powerful Michel Mantheakis series by DSC Foundation, produced by Safari Classics Productions.
As Michel says,"now is the time for our side to shine the light on the truth behind the proven conservation through hunting model and re-shape the court of public opinion."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgZhUQWIncw&t=65s

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was a three-part series and all three are more than worth watching. Michel is very articulate and makes the case convincingly. Plus, no one can claim they've done more for conservation and anti-poaching than Michel. I've seen the difference in the concessions he's taken over.

Posts: 10007 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Excellent quality and Michel makes a very articulate and strong case for hunters being conservationists and antis being the merciless destroyers of wild places.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
These videos are excellent and well worth watching. Michel Mantheakis does a very good job.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve just watched all three videos. This was an amazingly articulate and fact-based defense of hunting as conservation. Another interesting video is this piece by Lara Logan on the US show 60 Minutes that covers exotic game ranches in Texas helping save species like the scimitar horned oryx. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r9-WeNXzTQ

Posts: 182 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: 12 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Great video, but having only around 1,000 views in 2 months is unfortunately going to have little, if any, effect. It's going to take a major online news outlet or Social Media personality to push this type of stuff if you really want the masses to see it.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg,
You are only accounting for the YouTube views. If you follow the DSC Foundation Facebook site, you will see the Manthiakis three part series has over 130,000 views.
If you are a Facebook user, I would encourage you, and all such AR members to follow the DSC Foundation Facebook page, LIKE IT, and you will see new and powerful CONSERVATION THROUGH HUNTING videos and messages posted weekly.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And a last point, if you support these messages from DSC FOUNDATION, and want them to move the 'conservation conversation" to larger audiences SHARE them, and ask your friends to SHARE them!

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote