New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nyerezi Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone hunted with this outfit on the Hammond Ranch in the Save. I am looking at a buffalo hunt in mid July of 2020. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Cliff

One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Cliff,

Nyerezi personally don’t sell many of their own hunts. There are a number of PHs that take their clients there and conduct the hunt themselves while Nyerezi is the actual outfitter! Similar to what the BVC does but obviously at a much smaller scale. I do at least 3 hunts a year there sometimes more. It’s an excellent place to hunt buffalo and is probably the area with some of the highest concentration of buffalo in the SVC. You would have a good hunt there no doubt. Who would guide you?

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thierry

Thanks for the comeback. I will be hunting with Adam Goosen. A friend of mine hunted with him before and is doing it again this June on a different property in the Save.

Cliff

One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Adam is a great guy for sure and Hammond is an excellent area for buffalo. You will no doubt have a great hunt. Enjoy!!

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bald Guy:
Has anyone hunted with this outfit on the Hammond Ranch in the Save. I am looking at a buffalo hunt in mid July of 2020. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Cliff

I have hunted there twice. I think it was in 09 & 10. I took buff, a lion and a variety of PG. There were lots of buff and PG when I was last there. I remember seeing groups of buff with up to 400 in the group.

I am trying to remember everything now. I took a couple of monster kudu. As I recall a 60 & a 58.5.

I took multiple buff. If my memory is correct, the last one was 46.5. I hunted ARDA & Hammond. I can't remember which one it was on.

I stayed at ARDA. I can't comment on the camp.

I made a video there. If you would like a copy, PM me. I will send you a copy.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have hunted there a lot . Hammond has very good buffalo and you will have a good hunt with Adam!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote