Donald Trumps's sons are hunters!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Good on them.....

Under fire from PETA

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3033 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boerbokrib
posted Hide Post
The question to be asked is how did the pictures get to the press and to peta.

Did the sons send it to them or did the outfitter ph do it?

Or were their facebook accounts hacked?

Who is the real criminal.

Posts: 291 | Location: Sourh Africa | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
There are alot of famous people who are hunters.

Sadly, they prefer to keep that under wraps because of the media attacks.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

you cant really blame them if you look at this Fiasco

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boerbokrib:

One of the main reasons has already been thrashed out on this forum before and it really boils down to being a little more conservative in what and what not to show in terms of photographic material on a public forum.

The "die-hards" were adamant that the blood and gore was part of hunting, as was the back-slapping, high fives and broad grins.

Well, the results are beginning to show with increasing frequency.

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:

One of the main reasons has already been thrashed out on this forum before and it really boils down to being a little more conservative in what and what not to show in terms of photographic material on a public forum.

The "die-hards" were adamant that the blood and gore was part of hunting, as was the back-slapping, high fives and broad grins.

I don't remember seeing any photos of Trump's sons doing any of those things - all are of the same type I have taken - respectful poses with trophies.

Didn't seem to matter one bit to the media in general or the "bloggers" who were on a rampage and spewed endless streams of lies.

Now as I mentioned in the previous thread on the subject, I am not one to jump around wildly, whoop and holler but I take no umbrage with those that do - just not my style.

Do you really believe that a sullen, downcast and apologetic position on the part of the hunter would engender even the slightest amount of respect or restraint from these same antihunters?

We should be on the attack against the media for all of their lies in their reports and their blogs as well as Donald Trump himself. The "Donald" should be defending his sons, their rights and the fact that his sons did NOT take endangered species and, as far as I know, did NOT participate in illegal hunting. And yes, I have already written to him telling him that his television response demonstrated a lack of leadership, responsibility, respect and authority.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3456 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
CCMDoc, Donald trump actually did defend his sons, he did say he persoanlly doesnt hunt, but said it is something his sons enjoy, do alot and are good at. He was supportive. Hey my folks don't hunt, but defend my love for it and my right to do so. I agree with you, as a community of hunters we need to be as proactive in educating and be proactive with our message. Regarding famous people who hunt, yes, there are many that do so but keep it private. I have an old book which is a collection of articles from TRUE HUNTS that showcased all famous people including Roy Rogers, Michael Douglas, Sam Sneed, etc.
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:

I don't remember seeing any photos of Trump's sons doing any of those things - all are of the same type I have taken - respectful poses with trophies.

Didn't seem to matter one bit to the media in general or the "bloggers" who were on a rampage and spewed endless streams of lies.

Now as I mentioned in the previous thread on the subject, I am not one to jump around wildly, whoop and holler but I take no umbrage with those that do - just not my style.

Do you really believe that a sullen, downcast and apologetic position on the part of the hunter would engender even the slightest amount of respect or restraint from these same antihunters?

We should be on the attack against the media for all of their lies in their reports and their blogs as well as Donald Trump himself. The "Donald" should be defending his sons, their rights and the fact that his sons did NOT take endangered species and, as far as I know, did NOT participate in illegal hunting. And yes, I have already written to him telling him that his television response demonstrated a lack of leadership, responsibility, respect and authority.

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well said...

I don't feel sad or disheartend after a kill so why would I act that way???

I do respect my quarry and wouldn't dance around them or act imature...though to deny being in a state of high emotion is a lie...after taking down game in Africa I was in a state of awe somewhere between an adrenaline rush and waking from a dream...

The photo I saw (holding the tail) of the Trumps was not distatstefull in my opinion and being apologetic for not having done anything wrong undermines us as hunters...

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:

There was half an hour or so on a hunting show dedicated the the hunt of a Trump maybe 2 years ago. I don't remember if it was one or two of them hunting. So, their hunting is pretty old news and my question is why it took PETA so long to make a stink about it and why it took AOL (located on the "Left Coast") so long to put it up and make a big deal about it.

As for blood and gore in hunting photos; at least you know the animal didn't die of old age and a heart attack and anyone who isn't a vegetarian shouldn't be too shocked that the stuff they eat bleeds.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robncolorado:
CCMDoc, Donald trump actually did defend his sons, he did say he persoanlly doesnt hunt, but said it is something his sons enjoy, do alot and are good at. He was supportive. Hey my folks don't hunt, but defend my love for it and my right to do so. I agree with you, as a community of hunters we need to be as proactive in educating and be proactive with our message. Regarding famous people who hunt, yes, there are many that do so but keep it private. I have an old book which is a collection of articles from TRUE HUNTS that showcased all famous people including Roy Rogers, Michael Douglas, Sam Sneed, etc.

I agree that the first part of his initial statement went exactly as you describe. In that same impromptu interview he followed that with (and I am going from memory here so I apoligize for my own errors)

"I don't do it and I don't agree with it. It's something I just don't agree with. I will have to talk to them."

Maybe I am reading too much into that but my concerns with that sort of back-pedalling will fuel the media into yet a bigger frenzy.

My hope is that he will look into it, will speak with his sons and then fulfill the image of himself that he has engendered and speak out loudly and definitively in full support and defense of his sons; their right to hunt; the Second Amendment; the legality of the hunts there were on; that the game taken are not endangered and that the liberal media is once again distorting fact to sway public opinion.

Here is a link to those "disrespectful" photos:

Click Here for Article and Photos

Again, perhaps I misunderstood the latter part of his interview but it seemed to me he started out defending them and wound up on the defensive and seemingly apologetic for their behavior.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3456 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I saw Donald Sr. said he didn't hunt and he supported his sons in what they did or do.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kinda the same reason a lot of us on here don't post Hunt Reports anymore.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by leopards valley safaris:
quote:

you cant really blame them if you look at this Fiasco

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
CCMDoc,

I missed the second part of his statement. I would bet that Trump Sr. has no issues with it in private, but he has the public image tightrope to balance on.....

Agreed, I hope he does come out to support his sons in a more firm position. Lets face it, who do you think wrote the check for that hunt?

Any idea who they hunted with and where?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked at the photos that CCMDoc linked above & could find only 1 thing wrong with them, I wasn't in the photos as well!
It looked like two young men having a very succesful safari to me.
As for Donald saying he would have a talk with them, remember he's a none hunter, not an anti-hunter.
He's a business man & bad publicity is not good for his business.
I'm not taking up for him, just trying to explain as best I can what position he is in.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Now before anyone takes this the WRONG DAMN way, just think about what I am saying.

"21st. Century hunters are becoming the "Gays" of the mid 20th. Century" except, we are going into the closet, not coming out.

quote:
being apologetic for not having done anything wrong undermines us as hunters...
That would be true concept if everyone lived in the same REAL world. Unfortunately, we do not all live in the same world and in the eyes and fantacy world of a growling number of humans hunting and fishing are tiewed as a crime.

quote:

It would not matter if we were on our knees crying like an infant wating a pacifier, they are going to attack hunters at any opportunity and the higher profile the hunter the more vigorous the attack.

Think back on the recent thread about whether the anti's are winning or not. It is time for EVERYONE that hunts, to get their head out of their arse and take a closer look at what is happening around the worid in regards to hunting and the effects the anti-hunting movement is having on our sport.

One concept I have ran across in everyday talks with regular folks and in conversation on a few web sites that I find unsettling, is the lack of understanding by somer hunter on the whole anti-hunting movement.

Mention that it is possible that hunting African Lions might be shut down, a comment that goes something along will be made, "I don't care, it ain't affecting me I don't ever plan on going to Africa or hunting lion if I did go". Folks actually believe that something happening in another country or state or concerning a species they do not hunt will have no effect ever on them, and that is wrong.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Good for Don, Jr. and Eric. They are unapologetic, and that's as it should be.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I like hunt.
I enjoy hunting.
And I anjoy sharing my hunts with my friends who share my passion for hunting.

I will continue to post hunt reports, photos and videos of my hunts.

And to hell with PETA and anyone who does not like what I do.

There are a lot of activitivities I do not much care for, I don't waste my time denegrating those who enjoy them.

Any time we let these brainless idiots dictate to us what we should and should not do, we would loose the plot.

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Good for Don, Jr. and Eric. They are unapologetic, and that's as it should be.

Well Said! tu2

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like hunt.
I enjoy hunting.
And I anjoy sharing my hunts with my friends who share my passion for hunting.

I will continue to post hunt reports, photos and videos of my hunts.

There are a lot of activitivities I do not much care for, I don't waste my time denegrating those who enjoy them.

Any time we let these brainless idiots dictate to us what we should and should not do, we would loose the plot.

Yessir! I agree 100%.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw a video some years ago of one of the sons shooting buff in ( I think) TZ.

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I was aware of both the Trump boys commissioning a pair of double rifles five or six years ago, for an impending safari!

The PeTAheads show how little they think everyone knows by the ridicules claims they make about animals all being endangered, and wasted by “TROPHY HUNTERS” and/or how simple it is to kill an elephant with a “HIGH POWER” rifle. They claim it is not dangerous to hunt any of these animals because the hunter has the “HIGH POWERED” rifle.
Still they are smart, or devious enough, to only post pictures of people who are very well known rather than pot hundreds of hunters in pictures of the same animals. This would indicate that hunting is a pass-time of not only the ultra wealthy, but of thousands of ordinary people, and that nothing is wasted of the animals taken , or that the animals are no more endangered than a white-face milk cow. Leopards for instance are as thick as coyotes in the USA and are certainly not endangered!

................................................................................ old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I will also proudly post my hunting photos. Who cares what Peta thinks? Not me!!!

Posts: 2320 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'll ask ol don about it next time he's over for dinner. but of course that might be a little while

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I'm not mistaken I believe Trump Jr has posted a few times here on AR as djtjr. I remember sending him some PM's about his hunt in 2009.

My power to him for telling PETA and the other animals wrong's the truth.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
My congratulations to both Trump brothers. Everything else is irrelevant.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I remember watching a hunting show a few years back featuring one of the Trump boys in Tanzania I believe. It was a buffalo hunt.

Much ado about little.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like hunt.
I enjoy hunting.

tu2

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AND, one of Ted Turner's kin has his own TV huntin' show! Go figure, must not be one of Hanoi's offspring?

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
AND, one of Ted Turner's kin has his own TV huntin' show! Go figure, must not be one of Hanoi's offspring?

That would be Beau Turner. His show is pretty good too: Beau Knows Outdoors, on the Sportsman's Channel.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both Don, Jr. and Eric Trump hunt with me on a somewhat regular basis, except last year when they had to cancel last minute due to some problems in one of their development projects.

They are very good hunters and exceptional marksmen. They do admit to practicing regularly when home. I do look forward to hunting again with them this July. The best thing is that they are just regular guys in camp.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 618 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
One or both of the brothers were hunting near where I live a few years ago for groundhogs. They flew into a guys farm with a helicopter.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who were they hunting with in Zim?

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
just for your consideration, I looked at a Face Book posting of an article about Trumps hunt. I was one of over a hundred posts that supported their hunt! All of the other posts where the usual emotionally based tirates..... come on guys.... lets post and defend ourselves. Yes, it was very frustrating to read the obvious uninformed, unaware and emotionally based comments..... I did get the support of one person... her remarks were as such.."Rob at least speaks from his actual experiences in Africa...." So many of the arguments presented were a joke, but at least one person read my posts and considered them. Let us not sit quiet any longer.... rebutt the unaware and educate.... we wont turn most, I accept that, but if we can have a few research our statements, perhaps we can make progress towards acceptance...or understanding..... i know that when I have had a moment alone to educate my non-hunting associates.... I have been successful. The usual ending is " I had no idea"... we must educate. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trump has been politically active and vocal about his criticism of Obama and iresponsible spending of the Government.

The liberals and their supporters are emotionally lashing out at anything conservatives do as to damage their reputations.

The progressive agenda is dying and they are putting up desperate attacks on their political advesaries.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470drshooter:
Trump has been politically active and vocal about his criticism of Obama and iresponsible spending of the Government.

The liberals and their supporters are emotionally lashing out at anything conservatives do as to damage their reputations.

The progressive agenda is dying and they are putting up desperate attacks on their political advesaries.

WTF does this have to do with the subject matter of this thread? Keep Politics in the PF shame

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3033 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
quote:
Originally posted by 470drshooter:

WTF does this have to do with the subject matter of this thread? Keep Politics in the PF shame

Absolutely right!

Take politics to the PF, not here!

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
On the other hand, is it also political to try to glom onto the Trump limelight? Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19294 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
Isn't this whole thread political from the start? bewildered

In any respect pissers PETA!!

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
These poor buggers are getting killed on Facebook too by the uneducated HORDES.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ph...45238&type=1&theater

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote