THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Trophy hunter poses with Valentine's gift, heart of giraffe she just shot

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy hunter poses with Valentine's gift, heart of giraffe she just shot
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/...ntines-gift-23536043

Link to article with photos.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Another example of bad judgement.

Posts: 3833 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have to agree. Bad judgment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everything she said is true and correct. But just damn......the emotional lefties that don't use their brains......A feeding frenzy!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They seem to come after women the hardest. I see nothing objectionable in the photos. If I did I would say so.

Posts: 10607 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Female hunters really get a lot of shit from the antis. Sad world.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Female hunters really get a lot of shit from the antis. Sad world.

Hunters are easy targets for the stupid idiots masquerading as reporters.

About time we told them to piss up a tree.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A dumb blond Big Grin

Posts: 1868 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
A dumb blond Big Grin

Still a million times more intelligent than her distractors! clap

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
A dumb blond Big Grin

To pose with the dead animal is one thing; to pose with its heart carved out of the carcass is another, nor was she displaying it to show a bullet-hole as there wasn't one.

Sometimes one has to adopt some common sense when going public with photos that have become unacceptable to an ever-growing group of wackos
and this argument has been thrashed out for too long and the results so far have not been in our favour.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
A dumb blond Big Grin

To pose with the dead animal is one thing; to pose with its heart carved out of the carcass is another, nor was she displaying it to show a bullet-hole as there wasn't one.

Sometimes one has to adopt some common sense when going public with photos that have become unacceptable to an ever-growing group of wackos
and this argument has been thrashed out for too long and the results so far have not been in our favour.

I bet most of what any of us do is unacceptable to a lot of stupid idiots.

Just as I find so much being done today totally beyond comprehension.

But, I don't waste my time complaining about it.

I live my life as I wish to.

Those who have absolutely no life of their own, and want to stop others enjoying theirs, are just plain SICK!

One of Us
Picture of Ready Aim Shoot
posted Hide Post
I don't think she did anything wrong.I am sure she regrets having her picture taken however.Those who attack this woman hate their own lives.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those who have absolutely no life of their own, and want to stop others enjoying theirs, are just plain SICK!

What you say is very true.

The worrying part though is that these people have a knack of getting their message through to politicians who, for agendas of their own, will often take sides with them and the repercussions are already being felt.

Now that the Democrats are fully in charge and combine that with the Biden/Harris/Pelosi trio, American hunters are currently in fidget mode as sooner or later there are going to be some very disconcerting "executive orders" being penned and Biden seems to be pretty deft with his pen. coffee

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The worrying part though is that these people have a knack of getting their message through to politicians who, for agendas of their own, will often take sides with them and the repercussions are already being felt.

Now that the Democrats are fully in charge and combine that with the Biden/Harris/Pelosi trio, American hunters are currently in fidget mode as sooner or later there are going to be some very disconcerting "executive orders" being penned and Biden seems to be pretty deft with his pen. coffee

The unfortunate reality is, a politician only worries or thinks about on single thing; re-election.

Our entire demographic of international sportsman is ~10-15K. That as a constituency, wouldn't re-elect a dog catcher in a small mid-western town.

For any politician to advocate for the killing of iconic African species would be committing political suicide. Regardless of any science.

Our only hope for long term viability would have been a very low profile. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3342 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
quote:

The unfortunate reality is, a politician only worries or thinks about on single thing; re-election.

Our entire demographic of international sportsman is ~10-15K. That as a constituency, wouldn't re-elect a dog catcher in a small mid-western town.

For any politician to advocate for the killing of iconic African species would be committing political suicide. Regardless of any science.

Our only hope for long term viability would have been a very low profile. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed.

Hi Steve,

Africans have yet to have their say. I thought Black Lives Matter?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi Steve,

Africans have yet to have their say. I thought Black Lives Matter?

Andrew, You're right. There will always be a place in Africa to hunt. (I think) Problem is, getting the stuff home. I know that's not as important to some as it is others.

For me, If I can't get it back, I have no little to no interest in shooting it.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3342 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Her reasoning is correct. The mistake made was connecting it to valentines day. That was a small matter of not thinking that has been inflated out of proportion by these who wish to see hunting banned.
Personnaly I think the hunting guides are going to have to start dictating what photos are taken. I think we all should be moving towards a more european style of photo where there is an effort taken to emphasise the respect we have in a way most can understand.
Even little things. I had clients yesterday on a meat hunt, and I wouldn't let the photos be taken until Id poked the tongues back in and covered the obvious bullet exit wound.
Photos holding up the heart- people will understand if its captioned with a comment on its size and something along the lines of and underrated food, will feed 5 people and delicious! for example. But holing up a heart and linking it to valentines day, to the average person its ghoulish.

Posts: 4211 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Syd Downey always took classy pics. But then again it was Syd Downey, would expect nothing less..

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Melissa Bachman and Kendell Jones who both posed with canned Lions have some celebrity status nowadays.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
Syd Downey always took classy pics. But then again it was Syd Downey, would expect nothing less..

I like that photo, but it illustrates a problem: A picture that some might find classy, others will find offensive.

Many times I have heard hunters say that rifle should never lay against the animal in the photo. And it is becoming common to hear that the rifle should be left out altogether.

Others say that the hunter should not hold the horns, etc.

No visible blood, no bullet holes, mouth closed and tongue hidden, the list is endless.

Seeing that we as hunters can't agree on what is offensive and what is not, it seems to me that there is no way we will ever be able to please the nonhunters, much less the antis.

Regardless we should do our best to keep it classy.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

"Our only hope for long term viability would have been a very low profile. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed."

I really doubt keeping a low profile would have changed anything.The only chance we have IMO, is if people stand up to liberalism.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
At our hunting camp we process every deer we take as soon as it is possible to do so because we eat what we kill. Within an hour of a kill we usually have the animal skinned, and if weather is cold enough, we hang the two sides in a shed for a day or two. We then do our own butchering.
One of the guys likes to do deer hearts in a crock pot, so he insists upon care when we process that organ. My wife likes deer liver, so we are careful when we process that. Next we cut off steaks and roasts. When that has been completed, all other usable meat is put into the grinder to make hamburger. Some of that becomes sausage and some may go into bologna. The hides go to a local dealer who sends them off for tanning. About the only thing that gets wasted might be bones, and some of them go into soup.
In Africa I watched what happens when an animal is killed. On one occasion we saw one of the natives walking down to a stream with a stomach and some intestine. People showed up within an hour of a kill to get their share of the edible meat and other things.
Of course that matters not a whit to those who hate us hunters. They would rather those of us who eat meat get it from a supermarket where no animal has to die for us to eat it. Their lack of knowledge of our natural world is simply amazing. It is proof that one can be "book smart," but common sense stupid.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 260 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very true and very true.

At this stage the only hope is to fight like hell...but in the end...unless something hugely upsets and reorganizes the world order...we will be put to the sword. Thus I say we go down like the Alamo...maybe someone will remember.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After African hunting was put under scrutiny by the world through mainstream media, I am sure that many anti hunters and people in general gained some knowledge in wildlife conservation.Perhaps people are starting to see beyond a trophy hunting picture and are now understanding.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:

I like that photo, but it illustrates a problem: A picture that some might find classy, others will find offensive.

Many times I have heard hunters say that rifle should never lay against the animal in the photo. And it is becoming common to hear that the rifle should be left out altogether.

Others say that the hunter should not hold the horns, etc.

No visible blood, no bullet holes, mouth closed and tongue hidden, the list is endless.

Seeing that we as hunters can't agree on what is offensive and what is not, it seems to me that there is no way we will ever be able to please the nonhunters, much less the antis.

Regardless we should do our best to keep it classy.

Like it or not, hunting exists at the pleasure of the non-hunting public. I can defend that pic of Syd against a non-hunter all day long, not so much an out-of-context pic (and horrible story) of a chick and a heart. Such a hard hunt she didn’t even have to take her mall shoes off... and yes, I’m critical of all the meateater wannabes doing the same damn thing. All that bullshit isn’t helping a thing.

In any case, we are talking about the passing of an age. And we are losing the ability to even tell our stories well. Therefore, our enemies tell our stories for us.

I know your are a Ruark/Selby fan. I’ve had the pleasure of looking at hundreds if not thousands of Ruark’s pics that have never been published. You won’t see anything approaching the silliness we see here. The times have changed, people have changed, and we will pay for those changes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hopefully she doesnt go on TV like the last one! Did any here see that wreck?

Posts: 1049 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eny:
Hopefully she doesnt go on TV like the last one! Did any here see that wreck?

Yes. It was like watching a car crash in slo-mo

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
No bad judgement
Fuck antis and Libs
I don’t tell them how to live their lives and as sure as hell won’t let them mess with mine...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.news24.com/news24/...ition-urges-20210225

Article concerning petition to ban her from Facebook.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
A very interesting thing that our own AR's Mark Young discovered and called me about. Going further down through the giraffe article is a picture of me with my Cape Grysbok. I then went back down completely through the article, saw the picture, and then discovered another connecting anti-hunting article and clicked on it. It is another full-on anti-hunting expose' dealing with this year's DSC Convention held remotely/digitally or via the Internet or whatever. There I am again, in full view, with the Cape Grysbok. The article also contains an attack, in part, on Infinito Safaris and Charl's offer of a hunt for the Tiny Ten. They must have gotten my picture from Charl's brochure or from other information Charl and Infinito used at the DSC convention this year.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
and yes, I’m critical of all the meateater wannabes doing the same damn thing. All that bullshit isn’t helping a thing.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know your are a Ruark/Selby fan. I’ve had the pleasure of looking at hundreds if not thousands of Ruark’s pics that have never been published. You won’t see anything approaching the silliness we see here. The times have changed, people have changed, and we will pay for those changes.

You make a really good point about the antis telling our stories for us. It is crazy how fast things are changing in the information age. Astounding really.

But I'm interested in your two quotes above. What is the specific problem that you see? I ask because the general public seems more accepting of hunting when it is tied to obtaining food.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I'm interested in your two quotes above. What is the specific problem that you see? I ask because the general public seems more accepting of hunting when it is tied to obtaining food.

Whenever I read remarks relating sport hunting to provision of food for the communities just makes me grin and wonder how some people can be both naive and gullible.

More meat is poached for and by the indigenous communities than any amount which is legally shot and provided by sport hunters.

We keep seeing clips of the sporadic elephant carcass being dissected by villagers and yes, fair enough that the elephant just happened to have been shot on communal land within walking distance of a village; the occasional carcass of a buffalo voluntarily transported in the back of a cruiser to a village showing chunks of meat being handed out to willing open hands.

These are all just random cases where the PH decides to demonstrate to the world how meat from sport hunting is being utilized by the industry.

Can the same be said for game farms commonly equipped with sterile abattoirs (skinning sheds) whose animals mainly provide meat for the butcheries at a cost way beyond the financial means of the indigenous community?

To be more realistic, the only communities that really benefit from game meat are those directly affiliated to the hunting camp.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
and yes, I’m critical of all the meateater wannabes doing the same damn thing. All that bullshit isn’t helping a thing.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You make a really good point about the antis telling our stories for us. It is crazy how fast things are changing in the information age. Astounding really.

There’s no food context in those pics. Then food comment is a throwaway comment she makes to justify her wanting to kill an old, dark giraffe. “And we fed the locals too...”. She made no indication that SHE intended to eat the giraffe, just that it would be utilized. Now, had she shown a well-prepared meal of heart, or a spread of food with happy locals...she could make a food argument. What we see here is a rather rich gal in her “day out” clothes who just happens to be called in for a cull because she always wanted a skin. Now, am I critical of the act itself? Not particularly, but to make such pallid arguments with out-of-context pics in this day and age screams obtuseness. Look, we all love our kids, but how many of us share their birth-moment pics? There is a time and place for these things, and as they say, discretion is the better part of valor.

We aren’t going to make inroads by shoving raw hearts in people’s faces. If I were in her position and wanted to tell a story that would make people think, i’d start with the people she thinks she’s helping first, extend the conversation into animal management in that particular place, and then finally minimize the role of the hunter as viable means to solve some problem, whether food related, animal management/conservation related, or economically related. If you can’t tell a story where hunting is accepted by those who will benefit by it, you have to ask yourself if it in fact does.

I had a crazy idea once that id like to pitch up in Andrew Baldrey’s camp, live there for a year, and document a year in the life of a recovering African ecosystem. That would be a story worth reading. And hunting would not be ignored.

I’ve mentioned it before, but when I was in college at UW (I went as an adult), I made a short NPR style interview on elephant hunting with our friend here Brennan Colyer. I presented it to my class, which was VERY left-leaning liberal. That short, 5 minute interview turned into a 45 minute conversation with the class on elephant conservation and anti-poaching (I relied heavily on Buzz’s DAPU). After 45 minutes, I had people in the class telling me how very little they actually knew about the subject and thanking me for opening their eyes. I don’t think I made any elephant hunters, but, as the saying goes, when the mind is expanded it doesn’t readily contract.

We have to keep expanding peoples minds with this stuff, not falling into the same old habits that we’ve gotten ourselves into. There’s that old saying that you can’t get out of a problem by using the same thinking that got you into it in the first place.

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
The crazy left hates us no matter what we do.

That said, such pics do turn the apathetic middle against us.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote