New
Find
Notify
Tools

new dg book you need
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
just gone - this book is an absolute necessity for anyone hunting dangerous game it is put put by safari press for 15 but available from amazon and other for half that and second hand dealers for as little as 4 authored by phil massaro and titled the perfect shot for dinosaurs now before you dismiss this you must realize that it covers hunting them worldwide and contains not only pictures of the perfect shot but chapters on guns and loads noting fine doubles ane bolts actions because of dinos being dangerous game blasers have been omitted as unsuitable as they are for anything else measuring charts for the 2019 edition of roland ward dinos are included because of their size biebs might even be able to hit one

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If it doesn’t cover THE PAY LINEthen it bloody useless! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
butchloc you have outdone yourself by writing one unpunctuated and quite lengthy run on sentence except for one tiny dash at the beginning which you frankly should have omitted and having no capitalized letters whatsoever even for names and only two typographical errors and I have actually shot a dinosaur all it took was a small bore in 375 h&h magnum thank you

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Bought mine a long time ago.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I think I would like Phil Massaro as a person, his writing is pretty good but I don't enjoy it as much as others.

Dinosaurs is the stuff of 5 year old boys. I have 4 daughters, I am not ordering a copy.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fun read. What about zombies

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Massaro kind of reminds me of John staffing...always pitting two cartridges against Each other in an effort to have something to write about...

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I bought three of them a year or so ago. Gave one to my grandson that loves to shoot and wants to hunt. He was all about it!

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Just hit 'em a half inch behind the end of the last curve of that evil smile.

Dead and gone they will be.

Sleeping their last and final, evil inspired, dead mammal dreams.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a copy for Christmas. Great little book. My 4 year old likes to look through it and we discuss it while watching Jurassic Park movies. Good times.

Posts: 1424 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Man, That was a waste of band width! 2020

.................. old MacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
butchloc you have outdone yourself by writing one unpunctuated and quite lengthy run on sentence except for one tiny dash at the beginning which you frankly should have omitted and having no capitalized letters whatsoever even for names and only two typographical errors and I have actually shot a dinosaur all it took was a small bore in 375 h&h magnum thank you

Mike

Mike, give him a break. That stuff wasn't covered until 4TH GRADE!

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the coolest things I have ever seen is the dinosaur tracks in chewore south and very close to it was fresh elephant tracks and dung. One thing seeing such things in a museum and seeing it in the wild. Very cool.

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
We took the kids to the Dinosaur Valley State Park on the Paluxy River near Glen Rose in central Texas so they could walk in the dinosaur tracks in the riverbed.
There were cougar and coyotes about, but no ele. The park guide was a college girl that told good stories about a cougar coming into her family barn nearby. One cool feature of the camp ground was the life size statues that stood higher than the mesquite trees - especially cool on moon lit nights.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Just hit 'em a half inch behind the end of the last curve of that evil smile.

Dead and gone they will be.

Sleeping their last and final, evil inspired, dead mammal dreams.

I am concerned a CNS shot will not take effect for too long as they may not understand they are dead, like snakes but worse. For the Rex I think breaking the hip is important as a first shot then immediately follow up with a CNS shot. I know it sounds cruel but it it's me or the Rex...

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am concerned a CNS shot will not take effect for too long as they may not understand they are dead, like snakes but worse.

Same thing as with their little cousins, the crocs! Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:

Same thing as with their little cousins, the crocs! Big Grin

Very true!

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
Massaro kind of reminds me of John staffing...always pitting two cartridges against Each other in an effort to have something to write about...

Exactly. He seems like a nice enough guy, but I’ve read plenty of those articles rarely does he ever pick a winner to my recollection. I still read them at times, but only when it’s an intriguing caliber or one I own or want.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
just got one. What a fun book

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote