THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    LIVE! Report From The Selous - Video Is ready!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LIVE! Report From The Selous - Video Is ready!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but you DO have Walter...

and no Blasers!

Posts: 10511 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boerbokrib
posted Hide Post
Have to say this is the best hunting video ever. My daughters and I love watching it and with the bushveld sounds in the house just love it.

It also coincided with my birthday this year so thank you Saeed.

Posts: 291 | Location: Sourh Africa | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
The most enjoyable hunting-related media anywhere, and one of the highlights of the year.

Thank you very much.

We take a video of our safari, as we go along.

Do script.

No sponsors to make sure they appear on every frame.

No announcements.

No music.

No backslapping.

No high fives.

No sexy female describing all the action.

No giving the animal a choice how to die.

No promise that it is the best hunting video you are ever likely to see.

I am amazed that any of you like our videos, with all these negatives included clap

Saeed,
You take us along, not only for the hunting but all aspects of being there, the birds, interesting insects, drone panoramas, the BSing back and forth. Not trying to sell us anything.
It's as close as some of us are likely to get.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9464 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing your hunting story with us.

PM sent..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1567 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful!
PM sent.
One can always fast forward through any scenes with Walter hamming it up.
Walter is the closest thing to Mark Sullivan that you will find in a Saeed video.
tu2
Rip ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent. Thank you very much, looking forward to it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being computer illiterate, I can't seem to find where to send the PM for the video. I have before, but now can't find where. Would very much appreciate one.

Thanks for the info

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Thank you for your kindness and generosity in making
copies of your video available to us.

Makes the winter here a little bit more bearable.

Posts: 1051 | Registered: 02 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

PM sent. Thank you very much for your generousness in allowing us to enjoy your safaris from afar.

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 780 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How far away was the 1st buff shot, in the first buff video. Appears about a 100 yds, but think it could have been 200, as camera makes ranges look different. And where did the bullet strike. Appears to be a bit high, but would have spined it anyway. A friend was asking and I told him I thought at least a 100 yds, and that it appeared to be struck a bit high, but spined. The 2nd one sure went down quick with that frontal shot.

Thanks

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going to the Caprivi Strip in April and I would like to get a Video of your hunt if possible

Posts: 29 | Location: Delano MN | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Minuch:
I am going to the Caprivi Strip in April and I would like to get a Video of your hunt if possible

Please send me your mailing address by PM and I will be happy to send you one.

I hope you enjoy your hunt.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66854 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Arrived just now. I love the truck drive to the park, getting an idea of what things look like.

Which camera did you use while in the truck? On a big screen it’s like you are there, very nice.m

One of Us
Picture of kudu4u
posted Hide Post
Hi Saeed,

The video arrived today. Thank you so much for your generosity and kindness in sharing your great adventures with me and all of us here! This will help me to winter well. Thank you again so much!

Jeff

"In these days of mouth-foaming Disneyism......"--- Capstick
Don't blame the hunters for what the poachers do!---me

Benefactor Member NRA

Posts: 477 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
Arrived just now. I love the truck drive to the park, getting an idea of what things look like.

Which camera did you use while in the truck? On a big screen it’s like you are there, very nice.m

Most videos were taken by the Sony Z100 4K video camera.

An extremely good camera.

Last week I tried the new Sony Z190, and was very disappointed in it.

It has a longer zoom - 25x instead of 20x - but much lower bit rate for 4K.

The video from it is very soft, and lacks sharpness.

So I think we will stay with the Z100.

The videos we took were all in 4K and very clear.

I had to put-it them in 1080P HD for destribution.

Posts: 66854 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Thanks. The clarity of that camera even at zoom is remarkable. I showed my daughter the scene when you stopped to look at the zebras by the side of the road. She said, “I feel like I could touch them.”

Thanks again. And the “tour” of your tent was great!!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The 4K version is so much better, if you watch it on a 4K TV.

A friend's wife here in Dubai sent me a photo she took of her children, all sitting by the TV watching this video!

She said "You have more fans now. They do not want to watch normal TV, they wanted to watch your safari video! They keep joking with each other that you tell them they are all little monkeys! Metha said she wants to be a big monkey, like Uncle Saeed! And she wants to go hunting with you too! Can I come along too?" rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
My Friend Saeed,

SELOUS 2018 1080P arrived in Kentucky, USA today.
Wow!
This is going to cut into my goofing off time.

Thank you very much.
tu2
Rip ...

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
My Friend Saeed,

SELOUS 2018 1080P arrived in Kentucky, USA today.
Wow!
This is going to cut into my goofing off time.

Thank you very much.
tu2
Rip ...

I hope you enjoy it.

Apparently the sound of the birds is absolutely fantastic!

One was telling me his wife was telling him to be quiet, as they watched the video, so she can hear the birds! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 673 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hannay:
It arrived in Oklahoma today, too. And I thought my gamecams caught some interesting things. Hyena, leopard and lions - fun to watch. Thanks again!

In one of the leopard videos feeding, you might see a leopard which has a bad, fresh wound in his leg.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Video arrived yesterday here in Bitely Michigan, USA (along with another 6" of snow). Snow shoveling might have to wait while I watch some of the video today!
I was going to go to the Huntin Time Expo in Grand Rapids but I think that I'll stay home, watch video and shovel snow today and go to the Expo tomorrow.
Thanks again Saeed.

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

A most heart felt THANK YOU for the Safari 2018 video! It is the next best thing to being there!

Sincerely,
Mark

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope you enjoy it.

One was telling me his wife was telling him to be quiet, as they watched the video, so she can hear the birds! rotflmo

I am enjoying it immensely.
I finally have it on HD TV 1080P, the big screen and big sound.
The birds are fantastic indeed, even to my gunnumbed ears.
Thank you very much, thank you very very much!
Or, as they say in Afrikaans:
Buy a donkey, buy a buy a donkey!
tu2
Rip ...

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
quote:
I hope you enjoy it.

I am enjoying it immensely.
I finally have it on HD TV 1080P, the big screen and big sound.
The birds are fantastic indeed, even to my gunnumbed ears.
Thank you very much, thank you very very much!
Or, as they say in Afrikaans:
Buy a donkey, buy a buy a donkey!
tu2
Rip ...

Great to hear this.

I know members here like to hear your review of the hunt, so don’t sleep on the job! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed, yesterday it arrived in Germany.
Great hunt and great animals.

The videos from the drone are impressive.
Great filming and sharpness.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

You are too kind. But flattery of my reviewing skills will gitterdun.

I accept the challenge of reviewing this immense body of work.
I will try not to sleep on the job while reclining in my Lazy Boy.

A bit of guidance to those new to this.
Sort the files by date and start with the earliest dated files from 11-05-2018:
FINAL ONE 1080P.mp4
then FINAL TWO 1080P.mp4
and continue in chronologic order.

Sound volume fluctuates quite a bit.
The birds sometimes can be heard quite well at 20% volume,
but sometimes it is quiet enough that you will need to increase the volume to near 100% if you don't want to miss the music of the birds,
or Roy's heavy breathing as he chases after Saeed and Alan on the run after game, etc.
It is a wonder Roy can still do so well at his age, running after them and keeping the camera on the action.
I have not seen any action where Roy trips over a root and goes down, yet, but I am hopeful it wasn't edited out if it happened. Wink

Do not start off with the "Crocs at Night" drone footage too late in your day, or you risk falling asleep in the Lazy Boy.

I will get back on the job as soon as I get a relative's health issues straightened out, major surgery coming up, checking into the hospital tomorrow.
Not me. I am almost as fit as Roy.
tu2
Rip ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got back from Dallas and the envelope from UAE was freezing in my mailbox. -31,5 celsius Big Grin Looking forward to some warm africa ! Thanks a million Saeed, I really appreciate it !!!!

Posts: 188 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Odin:
Just got back from Dallas and the envelope from UAE was freezing in my mailbox. -31,5 celsius Big Grin Looking forward to some warm africa ! Thanks a million Saeed, I really appreciate it !!!!

A friend says he loves watching it while having his dinner!

The only time his wife allows TV dinners! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our mail goes to the main farmhouse so I’ve been asking everyday if it’s shown up yet.

And my father phoned this afternoon to say I had a package from the other side of the world.

Thank you again for your generosity and shipping your video. The drone footage alone is beyond crystal clear and sharpe!

After my first trip to Africa this past Sept in Zim, it’s nice to be brought right back by the sights and sounds.

Thank you.

Posts: 133 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazy_farmer:
Our mail goes to the main farmhouse so I’ve been asking everyday if it’s shown up yet.

And my father phoned this afternoon to say I had a package from the other side of the world.

Thank you again for your generosity and shipping your video. The drone footage alone is beyond crystal clear and sharpe!

After my first trip to Africa this past Sept in Zim, it’s nice to be brought right back by the sights and sounds.

Thank you.

Glad you finally got it Adam.

It might help you forget the cold outside for a while. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Warms the soul Saeed!

And a beautiful big bodied Eland right off the bat!

And then the back to back buff within seconds.

What an amazing hunt so far in a beautiful part of Africa.

Can’t wait to watch more tomorrow

Posts: 133 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazy_farmer:
Warms the soul Saeed!

And a beautiful big bodied Eland right off the bat!

And then the back to back buff within seconds.

What an amazing hunt so far in a beautiful part of Africa.

Can’t wait to watch more tomorrow

I am afraid we had no script.

We just went hunting, videoed what we could.

Sometimes the animals were not very co-operative in allowing us time to set up the cameras properly, and for this I apologize.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Saeed, Your 2018 Safari flash drive landed here today in bonnie Scotia. Thank you very much for your generosity.
I had to watch them previously on my laptop as my TV wont play them for some reason.Now one of my boys has just ordered me some technology called a chromecast, so now we can all enjoy watching them, all over again on the bigger screen.
Just watched Crocs at night,wow, just amazing filming.
ATB to you and yours Saeed,happy hunting. tu2 jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Mine arrived today. Much thanks and respect sir!

Todd

Posts: 169 | Location: So Cal, ....USA | Registered: 25 May 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Those of you who followed my live hunt report, you might remember me mentioning Roy finding some old military ammo.

Shortly after leaving camp, we found the fresh tracks of a herd of buffalo, and we followed them.

They seemed to have had a drink at the river, and were heading to the forest to feed.

We decided to go ahead of them, and try to see if we can catch them before they got into some thicket.

Sure enough, we managed to get ahead, and saw them walking down a hillside.

We took off on a trot, running parallel to them and closing up the gap.

Those were the two shot together, one walking right to left, and the other facing.

After shooting them, we planned to load one, take to camp, and send the truck back to get the other.

It is on this hill where Roy found a whole bunch of evidence which led us to believe there was a major battle here years ago.

The ammo was a mixture of British and German rounds.

Among the fired cases were several that were unfired, but have fallen apart due to corrosion.

We tried to light the powder, it was far gone for that.

We named this hill BATTLE HILL after that.

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I received your video yesterday. Thank you for the great videos and your generosity.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2290 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received your video today. Thank you, I like the final drone footage.

Dean C

Posts: 67 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 30 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Received video today! Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 51 | Location: South East Ohio | Registered: 27 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Received my video, the drone footage was again great. I have to get me one of these "toys." But which one? I thought the fire and the buffalo was fantastic. Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 751 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote