THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    I Hope You Enjoy This Video - Photos Added!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Hope You Enjoy This Video - Photos Added!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies And Gentlemen,

I have got a small Sony video camera - HDR-CX350 - which records in HD. It can record for several hours, and the battery is supposed to last several hours too.

I am thinking of putting up a waterhole when we go to Tanzania next month, and record the activities that occur on it.

I tried it on one of the feed stations we have for our animals here, and thought you might enjoy watching it.

Please right click and save the clip to your computer.

The young Dama gazelle you see towards the end was one of those born last year.

Trail cam video in HD

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66930 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The camera quality is definitely good. It would be great to see some scenes from a watering hole, for sure.

Posts: 159 | Location: Bellevue, NE, USA | Registered: 05 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
What beautiful animals Saeed. That Ibex in the opening frames is unbelievable!

How do you like that camera?

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are the big white antelope?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Backyard zoo!

Saeed: What sort of feed or "lick" was so much tastier than all the green foliage that was getting so little dining attention?

Rich: Maybe the biggun was an addax like this?

They seem to bully the dama gazelles, but my how those have grown, tall and skinny!
Those dama gazelles can survive in the wild Sahara where all the others would die, eh?

Ibex was not getting pushed around:
Nubian ibex?

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich,

They are Addax. They used to be common in the N. Africa desert but I think they are very scarce now. Of course you can take one in Texas any day.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
That ibex is heart stopping. Reminds me of the Iranian herds of the 70's when Rashid was running the wildlife department & Prince Abdolreza was the patron of Iranian hunting.....

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
That Ibex . . . wow!

I also had no idea that the Dama Gazelles were that large. I always figured them to be springbok size.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The food they are eating is cracked wheat.

The camera is great, but the CX550 is better.

I am using the CX35o for this because it uses a lot less battery power.

I have setup a Nikon D300s camera with a timed shutter release, to take a photo every 15 seconds. It can do this for about 100 minutes.

Posts: 66930 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A backyard zoo is one of things i need. Thanks for sharing, saeed

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. Are the controls Walterable?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
All I can say is WOW!

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .366torque:
Thanks for sharing. Are the controls Walterable?

So far we have not found any electronics that are Walterable.

One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
cool

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow,
What do you do with those animals other than enjoy looking at them?

Posts: 475 | Location: Moncton, New Brunswick | Registered: 30 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Wow! The balls on that Ibex are almost as impressive as his horns. Wink

Thank for sharing, Saeed. They are all beautiful animals. Great photography work.

Also, I was surprised to see Mourning Dove in the U.A.E. I that that was a North/Central/South American species only. The hunting season just opened up for them here yesterday!

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
GREAT video and GREAT photos! Thanks for sharing! I want a zoo like that in my backyard as well. Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenati:

Thank for sharing, Saeed. They are all beautiful animals. Great photography work.

Also, I was surprised to see Mourning Dove in the U.A.E. I that that was a North/Central/South American species only. The hunting season just opened up for them here yesterday!

I have seen mourning doves in many countries.

They seem to be as many of them around as normal sparrows.

one of us
posted Hide Post
wow those are some very beautiful pets sir!

"one of the most common african animals is the common coolerbok(or coleman's coolerbok). Many have been domesticated and can be found in hunting camps, lodges and in the back of vehicles."

Posts: 252 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Hi Saeed ..

That is VERY impressive .. both the digital medium you are using and also the animals on view ..

If you ever (consider exporting any species) in the future let me know as I can talk to my brother Alan in Africa as he is doing something similar BUT on a large scale (intensive breeding project) in Zambia.

He has developed multiple 5+ hectare pens within his (4,000 acre) private "Bird Wildlife Estate" with Sable Nyala Roan and including (disease free) cape buffalo ..

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Kenati:

I have seen mourning doves in many countries.

They seem to be as many of them around as normal sparrows.

We don't have many birds on Guam because of the brown tree snake, but we do have a limited number of dove.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WELL DONE !!! Thanks for sharing with us!
I will take up bow again if I may sit where the camera is!!!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gbanger
posted Hide Post
Beautiful antilope. Poor lizard. Those crocs will get hungry sometime.

Gpopper

Posts: 296 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Wow! That ibex really is awesome. Great pics and video Saeed. Can't wait to see what kind of video you capture with it in Tanzania!

Best regards,
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom In Tennessee:
WELL DONE !!! Thanks for sharing with us!
I will take up bow again if I may sit where the camera is!!!

Walter has been trying to persuade me to let him shoot one. I told him I am the only oen sho shoots the animals that need to be shot - either wounded ones from fights or those that get too nasty and start killing others.

One day he was here and was behaving somewhat in a funny way. Then I discovered that he was planning to do a dry run.

I left him alone, and got one of the boys who look after the animals to hide in the backyard and phone me when he sees Walter.

Sure enough, it did not take him long before he called. He saw Walter going out towards the animals with a rifle in his hands.

I rushed back in side, got my shotgun, loaded it, and went after him.

I found him sneaking around the fence, walking towards some coconut trees with a lot of heavy brush next to them.

I got there from the other side and waited.

As he got about 10 feet from me, on the other side of a thick bush, I fired both barrels in the air!

He went ballistic!

"How, how did you get here?"
"My hidden sensors told me a poacher was loose. Next time I will shoot to kill"
"Damn! I was going to take photos of myself stalking the animals and show you what I can do when you are not around"

"Don't even dream of it! You know we have cameras everywhere"

"I thought I was invisible to your cameras"
"Try it again, you might find out you are bullet proof too"

"No no no more playing tricks with you. You are too nasty sometimes"

one of us
posted Hide Post
I expect Walter was in need of some freshly laundered underpants after that stalk. animal

one of us
posted Hide Post
Strange that Saeed has no use for double rifles, but he likes a double-barreled shotgun?
Is he a Cowboy Action Shooter?
Is that double gun what he will be ostentatiously cleaning in the parlor when Hessa's first date drops by to meet the parents?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
The food they are eating is cracked wheat.

The camera is great, but the CX550 is better.

I am using the CX35o for this because it uses a lot less battery power.

I have setup a Nikon D300s camera with a timed shutter release, to take a photo every 15 seconds. It can do this for about 100 minutes.

Saeed, what camera took these pictures?

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The meercats were taken by a Nikon D3X and a 200-400 VR lense.
The rest were taken by a Nikon D300s and an 18-200 lense.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, go answer your phone---Stone and that kid who killed the Nyala are trying to reach you...I understand they have a 100,000R in their pockets....

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
didn't work for me.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding Saeed!! tu2 And as usual, another hilarious story involving our beloved Walter!! dancing