Find
Notify
Tools

Paddy Curtis death
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone heard about the circumstances of his death>

Posts: 179 | Location: northern Arkansas | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kld:
Has anyone heard about the circumstances of his death>

Yes, but these will not be divulged at present to avoid unnecessary speculation.

The basics are forced entry resulting in murder.

Posts: 1900 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Paddy guided a countless number of my clients. A legend in this industry and a consummate professional. I will miss him.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Glad I was able to meet him last year. May he Rest In Peace. I hope he is sitting at the long bar in heaven with a wee dram of Jameson telling stories.

Mike

Posts: 21171 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I wonder if heaven issued Blood a .470 in a Holland & Holland Royal? I hope so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36476 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is truly sad, but I think the best way to honor someone is to tell stories about them so that their memory goes on. I hope that doesn't offend.

I first met Paddy when he had a client hunting lion in Simanjiro in 2012. We were hunting in a fly camp up high, but had filled our buffalo tags and were down around the main camp looking for an impala. Paddy extended us an invitation to lunch, which we happily accepted. They had eland tenderloins from a lion killed eland, which were delicious. Heard some great hunting stories at lunch.

I still had a zebra on license and Paddy asked if I'd shoot one for bait, which took all of about 45 minutes. By then, Paddy was working on his car. It really did have elephant hide seats as reported in various publications.

Paddy was a legend from his days with the Selous Scouts, and all his years as a premier PH, but he was just a really nice human being. He will be missed. I'm sorry I never hunted with him.

Rest in peace.

Posts: 9989 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Met Paddy when we hunted the Selous. We were hunting with Leon Kachelhoffer and Paddy had a Spanish client. We were in different camps but shared a few lunches. Great guy and lots of fun.
The night part of the Sea Cliff burned he signed off his communication to Leon "Sea Cliff alight, Cheers".
RIP and Godspeed.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Very Sad!! I was to hunt the Selous with him next year...
Rest in Peace, Paddy!! Glad we had a chance to meet at SCI recently...

470EDDY

Posts: 2553 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I hear that a raucous wake was held in Bulawayo in "true Blood nut style" by friends and colleagues on Monday evening...

I have a picture of "The Bulawayo Clan" from years ago if someone can post it for me. I will send it by email. Paddy is top row center, next to a very young John Sharp!!

Apparently Paddy was out early in the morning with his dogs. He was jumped ... refused to open his safe...they got away with nothing...

470EDDY

Posts: 2553 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Top center

Posts: 20082 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Is that picture in Rum Bullions in Reno? If so don't ask why I would know that ...

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4726 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And I believe that would be Lou Hallamore bottom right. Thanks for posting.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2741 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
The photo was taken in the 80's in one of the bars at the MGM GRAND. The blond singer is Tyler Moore.
Sadly only 4 of those fine fellows are still with us today!!

Happy INDEPENDENCE DAY!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trevor Lane ..... Robbie Martin ...

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Chunky Beukes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36476 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Carlos Faria top right?

Posts: 1859 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,
I have had two independent conversations with knowledgeable PHs and friends of Paddy Curtis, from Bulawayo, regarding the capture of the purpotrator of Paddy's murder.

Apparently a great Austrian client put up a generous reward for the identification and capture of the two who were involved in the attack on Paddy in his garden while walking his dog in the very early morning when he encountered these apparent robbers.

As a result, there was a strong incentive for identification and capture.

Apparently the main purpotrator was identified, captured, and goods were found in a stash from several robberies, including from Paddy's home!! The person admitted that he was the shooter, and 3 pistols were recovered. The second person was not pursued as it was determined he wasn't involved to a degree to be charged, he was only on the scene.

The purpotrator died while in custody....!!

I have tried to find written news about this and have been unsuccessful.

REST IN PEACE PADDY!!
I am praying for his family. He was a legend.

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
It is interesting to see how confessions and admission of guilt is obtained.

It is not for the faint of heart.

A cattle rustler was apprehended, and before the authorities arrived, the rustler told the interviewing party where he could find his cattle. About 100 head of cattle left in the night, about 200 feet of Fence was down in a well planned cattle rustling operation. The area ranchers were quite relieved that the rustler would be spending some time in jale.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1570 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.zrp.gov.zw/index.ph...2022%20in%20Bulawayo.

ZRP PRESS STATEMENT : ARREST OF GIFT SABATA FOR MURDER AND ARMED ROBBERY CASES IN BULAWAYO
Details
Hits: 695
ZRP PRESS STATEMENT 22nd NOVEMBER 2022

ARREST OF GIFT SABATA FOR MURDER AND ARMED ROBBERY CASES IN BULAWAYO

The Zimbabwe Republic Police confirms the arrest of Gift Sabata (44) in connection with murder and armed robbery cases which occurred between December 2021 and November 2022 in Bulawayo.

On 19th November 2022, at around 0200 hoursdetectives from CID Homicide, Bulawayo and members of the Support Unit Police Special Tactics who had been monitoring the suspect, raided him at his girlfriend’s house in Cowdray Park where he was hiding. Upon arrest, a Rossi Revolver loaded with five (05) rounds was recovered from the suspect. Further investigations by the Police led to the recovery of a Taurus Revolver with six (06) rounds and a Peatra-Beretta Gardone Vt.22 without a magazine at Tshabalala Game Sanctuary, Fourwinds, Bulawayo.

The suspect was linked to two (02) cases of murder and 13 cases of armed robbery in which the total value stolen is US$58 639.00. The arrest cleared a murder case which occurred on 28th June 2022 at a house along Fortunes Gate, Mashemhlophe, Bulawayo where the suspect and his accomplice identified as Clifford Leniency Nyoni shot dead the complainant with a pistol before stealing US$1000.00 cash.

The suspect was also linked to a murder case which occurred on 02nd February 2022 at Plot K1 Richmond, Bulawayo where a 24 year old man died whilst on admission at a local hospital after being shot on the thigh with a pistol following a misunderstanding over an undisclosed issue.

In addition, the suspect was linked to a robbery case where US$21 555-00 was stolen on 28th May 2022 at Petra College Selborne Park, Bulawayo and another case of armed robbery in which US$ 8 000.00 and ZAR 120 000 was stolen at Plot 5, Rangemore, Bulawayo.

On 19th November 2022 at around 1000 hours the suspect died whilst admitted at United Bulawayo Hospitals after experiencing some convulsions with froth coming out of the mouth. The suspect had consumed food and diabetes medication brought by his wife, Mavis Matupe (27).

Meanwhile, the Zimbabwe Republic Police is appealing for information which may lead to the arrest of two (02) unknown male suspects who are being sought in connection with cases of murder, rape and armed robbery in which motorists were mostly targeted along Harare- Chirundu Road.

In one of the cases, the suspects shot dead a man (33) before raping his girlfriend (26) and stealing a cellphone, power bank and US$48 cash on 19th November 2022 along Highlands Road, Chinhoyi, while in another case the suspects attacked a taxi driver before stealing US$20-00 and two (02) cellphones on 20th November 2022 near Champion Gwande Secondary School, Karoi. Further, the suspects pounced at a house in Chinhoyi on 21st November 2022 and stole a laptop, five (05) cellphones and US$320-00 cash before shooting one of the complainants thrice on the knee.

In two other cases the suspects attacked two motorists on two separate occasions on 19th and 20th November 2022 along Harare-Chirundu Road where they stole ZWL$3000 and US$52-00 cash.

Anyone with information should contact the National Complaints Desk on (0242) 703631 or WhatsApp on 0712 800 107 or report at any nearest Police Station.

(NYATHI. P) Assistant Commissioner

Senior Staff Officer (Press and Public Relations)

to the Commissioner General of Police

Police General Headquarters

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9360 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Kathi!!

You are a master in finding the Afircan news for us!!

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Suspect sounds like a total scumbag. RIP Paddy

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2845 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote