Find
Notify
Tools

Photobucket Fix?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I found this on another website and thought that one of you computer literate types could check it out to see if it restores the photos in all the old hunt reports.

Apparently Google Chrome and Firefox have found a way to access the photos that Photobucket.com does not now allow you to post to 3rd party sites anymore without paying a high price.

"In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums:

Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images. It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button."

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12506 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but I have already moved to another tool with good response time .

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Thanks Frank. I've moved over to imgur for new postings but at least this fix will hopefully get the past 16 years of photos back.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Have any of you tried this? Have you has success?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Yay my pictures are back - nice find Frank!!!!

Really simple - for Firefox:
1. Upper right-hand corner click the three-lines (Open Menu)
2. Select Add-ons
3. On left menu click Extensions
4. Upper right-hand corner enter " photobucket embed "
5. Select the "photobucket embed fix" and click install

Took twice as long to type the instructions as it does to do it!

EDIT: for Chrome, just as easy, go to Manage Extensions, click on Get More Extensions, type in " photobucket embed fix " (Chrome will suggest as you type), I selected the top one, click to authorize add.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
What I can’t figure out is why my Photobucket has always worked. Can anyone tell...just out of interest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36424 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Worked for me as well! Thanks guys!

Chrome showed three different programs to download the fix. I just went with the one with the highest rating...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7513 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Screw photobucket. All the photos I put on photobucket were also on my computer so I cancelled my account with them and moved to Imgur.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks you very much for this. Nice to be able to see pics again.

I have moved to imgur and cleaned up my photobucket to keep it below the limit.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yep, it works! tu2

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I had to clear my cookies, but it works now. This is great!

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Work just gave me a new computer today and it's kicking my butt getting everything transferred over using the Windows 10 operating system.

I got this to work on the old system and I'm going to try to get this fix to work tomorrow on the new computer. Luckily our IT guy at work is a gun guy.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12506 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Test

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks just the same Frank. I already dumped everything on PB as well. Still appreciate the post.
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I found this on another website ."

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I stopped using Photobucket as well but it's nice to see all the photos in other people's old hunt reports and posts.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Accurate Reloading is the ONLY internet forum I participate in that still doesn't host photos.

Frankly, it isn't worth the trouble. Even prior the Photobucket meltdown it was a pain in the ass.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3348 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
Accurate Reloading is the ONLY internet forum I participate in that still doesn't host photos.

Frankly, it isn't worth the trouble. Even prior the Photobucket meltdown it was a pain in the ass.

It's also probably the ONLY forum that isn't paid for by advertising or membership fees.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:

It's also probably the ONLY forum that isn't paid for by advertising or membership fees.

You're correct. That said, it doesn't seem to bother you. I see you have 1000 posts over on 24Hourcampfire and their advertisers are pretty aggressive with banners that pop up all the time.

I post on a boating forum. It's replete with advertising. I think its a waste of advertising space and dollars. I don't look or frankly even see the adverts. . .at all.

But posting pictures is two clicks.

My point is a greater one. Anyone who would argue the fact that this forums posting velocity is a mere fraction of what it use to be is not being completely honest with themselves. If the time required to post a photo or a meme or anything for that matter becomes too high, it doesn't happen.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3348 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
That was easy.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9850 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to do this with Safari. Or do you have to change to Firefox or Chrome?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7585 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
Is there a way to do this with Safari. Or do you have to change to Firefox or Chrome?

Did mine with Chrome.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9850 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote