New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knysna Elephant. Interesting video.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just finished watching this. Not really hunting themed but I found it interesting.
IIRC I think I've read of some long ago hunting exploits in this forest. Can't remember the books or hunters concerned but I thought it took strenuous hunting to succeed on Elephant there. If any one can name the book(s) it would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6DEo-pb7QI

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2016 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
I believe the book is: Jungle Man by Maj. Pretorius

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 817 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
jjbull
posted 09 August 2022 11:56
I believe the book is: Jungle Man by Maj. Pretorius

Thankyou. That rings a bell. I'll have to try locating the book again for another read. It was an amazing period in time when extraordinary adventure seemed very much the norm.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2016 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Admittedly a complex subject, which I don't claim to fully understand, but drive around the greater Kruger National Park and the Associated Private Nature Reserves and decide for yourself how that "gardening" to which the narrator refers has been working for "maintaining" the environment. I didn't get past 10 minutes.

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote