THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Mark Sullivan-Naming the January 2013 DVD Release
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark Sullivan-Naming the January 2013 DVD Release
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Head's Up

Let see who's Boss

My 25th (actual number) Cape Buffalo charge.

Charged to Death...

X Days of Thunder... x is number of days on DVD

I do believe that the actual number of charges is way less than anyone on here thinks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I changed my mind.

I now prefer Death Takes A Holiday.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if all the animals on the video have been shot in Tanzania. I heard he was in south Africa 2 weeks ago shooting lion on a farm called leeubosch . I actually know the farm and it's only 2000 hectors

Posts: 203 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He could well be shuttling back and forth between the Selous.
Probably wasn't going to take the risk of shooting a lion in TZ when in RSA they come with a birth certificate and the guarantee of taking one in the age group of choice.

One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmara:
I wonder if all the animals on the video have been shot in Tanzania. I heard he was in south Africa 2 weeks ago shooting lion on a farm called leeubosch . I actually know the farm and it's only 2000 hectors

There will be two South African hunts included on the new DVD. They will include a lion hunt from Leeubosch as well as a Kruger buffalo hunt. Both are fabulous hunts. There will also be hunts from Tanzania and buffalo hunts from Australia as briefly mentioned previously.

Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Both are fabulous hunts

Yep, shooting a pet lion is a fabulous hunt!

You mean they are both going to be the same load of bullshit Sullivan produces!

Mark Sullivan has been living in his own make believe little world I bet he has forgotten what a real hunt is like.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed...did you have some personal knowledge of how the two hunts were conducted? Perhaps you could share.

Shawn

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Shawn,

Shooting a lion on a farm in South Africa cannot, repeat CANNOT be called hunting.

Which leads me to what I know from watching Mark Sullivan's videos.

None of them even remotely represents the sort of hunting normal people do.

Let us face it, Mark Sullivan is great at Hollywood grandstanding. Which has absolutely nothing to do with hunting.

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Both are fabulous hunts

Yep, shooting a pet lion is a fabulous hunt!

You mean they are both going to be the same load of bullshit Sullivan produces!

Mark Sullivan has been living in his own make believe little world I bet he has forgotten what a real hunt is like.

Saeed,
That is just what I was thinking.

quote:
Originally posted by ExpressYourself:
Saeed...did you have some personal knowledge of how the two "hunts" were conducted? Perhaps you could share.

Shawn

(bolding and qotation marks of "hunts" for emphasis)

Shawn,
Is that a "rhetorical question?"
You cannot be serious.

I could do a "Mark Sullivan Far Side" cartoon.
You may need Gary Larson's permission to use that as the title for the latest DVD.
I'll donate the cartoon to use as the cover for the DVD for free.
I could do color instead of only black and white.
Whatta'ya say?

Sample:

Walter "pulling a Mark Sullivan" on one of Saeed's buffalo hunts: Another way to induce a cape buffalo charge.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I realize that everyone has a different take on what hunting is in its many different forms and with different species. I would think that the main thing would be that a hunt is identified as a particular type of hunt and not misrepresented to be something else as being most important.

A hunter could then determine how to conduct the hunt if it is of interest or value to them at all. I don't see it as a one size fits all approach. While I enjoy Tanzania perhaps that is not on someone else's radar.

Hunting a kudu in South Africa for example may be very important for someone but of little value to another who would prefer to hunt one in Tanzania. The same holds true for lion or other species. Not my cup of tea with lion but perhaps for someone else it is just the right fit. Your perspective is interesting but I am not sure that I agree.

The Mark Sullivan that I know and have hunted with is very knowledgeable, skilled, and is an excellent hunter.

Shawn

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Shawn,

You have your opinion of Mark Sullivan and I have mine.

You consider him to be a knowledgeable, skilled and excellent hunter.

I consider him a Hollywood style showman. Who will do anything to glorify himself, regardless to the truth.

In fact, as far as I am concerned, he really is as far removed from being a true PH than anyone I know.

A professional hunter does not go out of his way to make animals suffer so he can have his few seconds of fame.

And just as you have a right to your opinion, I have mine.

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Day 1

Day 2

Whistling

Why involve a RSA lion in his films?!? The one DVD I've seen with mark was not my cup of tea but at least you could see film from Tanzania hunting grounds and great shooting skills and lovely doubles.. Why did he lower himself to shooting PET lions..

Posts: 2634 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!Anton, you are good with a computer.

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Mr. Dahlgren, for capturing and reporting the utter repugnance of South African penned lion shooting.

And Saeed, I could not agree with you more.

Here's a better title: Dead On Arrival.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
Day 1

Day 2

Whistling

Why involve a RSA lion in his films?!? The one DVD I've seen with mark was not my cup of tea but at least you could see film from Tanzania hunting grounds and great shooting skills and lovely doubles.. Why did he lower himself to shooting PET lions..

Nice find, Anton. A penned, possibly drugged, lion chooses how it wants to die? If a PH wishes to be credible does he shoot reared cats? What could possibly be the motivation for this activity other than taking cash from clients who don't know a lion hunt from a lion shop? Does the man have no conscience? Poor behaviour all round.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Mark Sullivan that I know and have hunted with is very knowledgeable, skilled, and is an excellent hunter.

I can say the same.

As you know, we had him here in Germany some months ago...

As we posted the event with him as one (of some) atractions, in the german internet-forums we had an shitstorm like here.
Then I send some free-tickes to the highest anti-poster and some of them come.

We had three days together. Mark and them trained together, talked, shoot, pp. They all leave as friends...

one of us
posted Hide Post
WARNING

The mere mention of mark Sullivan will cause some users to make.........

A DEATH THREAD!

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Day 1

Day 2

Disgusting Frowner

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD999:
quote:
Day 1

Day 2

Disgusting Frowner

"Disgusting"!

I think that is a perfect description to what Mark Sullivan has been doing for years!

one of us
posted Hide Post
No doubt that Mark attracts more character bashing from this crowd than any other Ph on AR. I wonder why? I mean, a few PHs that are well regarded here on AR have been subsequently "exposed" conducting flagrant irregularities, both ethical and legal, but yet continue to be well spoken about and promoted by many of those that continue to bash Mark at every opportunity?

Why the double treatment?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3033 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Off the topic a bit. He said the meat goes to a near by village.I could be wrong but I doubt it. The market for lion bones meat and testicals has become huge with the Asian market. Every cage lion earns another $2500 dollars for the rancher in the sale of his bones. I don't know if it's legal or not.
Last week I was offered lioness for ten thousand rand just to shoot ,take pics and walknaway.The full carcass goes to the Asians

Posts: 203 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Maximus Brutus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
No doubt that Mark attracts more character bashing from this crowd than any other Ph on AR. I wonder why? I mean, a few PHs that are well regarded here on AR have been subsequently "exposed" conducting flagrant irregularities, both ethical and legal, but yet continue to be well spoken about and promoted by many of those that continue to bash Mark at every opportunity?

Could not agree more.

The childish name calling in this thread is quite frankly ridiculous and does nothing for AR's image or reputation. Having the forum owner leading the attack just makes matters worse.

Why can't people just live and let live without attempting to destroy an individual's character online? Mark is very well respected by many as an excellent PH and a fine shot. Publically ridiculing him in this way does not feel very sporting especially when he took the time to post an open letter here (even though he is not active on any Internet forum).

I look forward to meeting Mark next year at the Heym Challenge in Germany.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maximus Brutus:
quote:

Could not agree more.

The childish name calling in this thread is quite frankly ridiculous and does nothing for AR's image or reputation. Having the forum owner leading the attack just makes matters worse.

Why can't people just live and let live without attempting to destroy an individual's character online? Mark is very well respected by many as an excellent PH and a fine shot. Publically ridiculing him in this way does not feel very sporting especially when he took the time to post an open letter here (even though he is not active on any Internet forum).

I look forward to meeting Mark next year at the Heym Challenge in Germany.

Mark Sullivan brought all this on himself by his silly showmanship.

It is your choice to respect him and his actions.

I certainly don't.

His actions have brought the ire of the two biggest hunting orgenizations, both DSC and SCI have BANNED him!

Need I say more?

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
I see no double standard here...Sullivan has clearly separated himself.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ExpressYourself:
Mark is currently hunting with clients in Tanzania but I had a chance to speak with him today. His upcoming DVD is scheduled to be released in January 2013. While much of the editing has been completed, a title for the DVD has yet to be determined. I wanted to start a quick thread for those who might wish to participate in that creative process.

How about " There are bold PH 'S and old PH'S but NO OLD BOLD PH'S"
If any of you have interest, Mark would like to offer the opportunity to those who might enjoy having a hand in naming the DVD. When Mark returns from Tanzania he will determine the final title for the DVD.

If Mark selects a name submitted by someone from AR he will use the winners name in the title credit of the movie, send them a personalized autographed book, and a copy of the new DVD release. Mark will review all submissions made through November 1st and announce the winner November 20th. Follow the same naming convention from Marks previous DVDs if you wish or offer something different for consideration.

The DVD will feature buffalo, leopard, lion, hippo, and elephant hunts. The hippo hunt is not in the can yet. Mark will have footage from Tanzania and possibly some from South Africa as well. Since I am getting hammered by email for additional info, he will also be including some buffalo hunting in Australia.

You can offer your suggestions in several ways: A reply to this thread (which Mark will review), a PM to me with your title suggestions and contact info, or you can drop me an email with your title suggestions and contact information through my website contact page.

Thanks for your input!
Shawn

(Initial post updated from subsequent questions asked)

Posts: 80 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
I have a hard time understanding why anyone would be bothered to participate in something like this. It falls into the who really gives a shit category to me.......... can't have enough going on in your life if something of this nature excites you.

And I do not mean because it is a Mark Sullivan production........... I am referring to anything like this.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All emails, PMs, and post suggestions have been recorded as of today's date. I will continue recording any additional title recommendations through 11-01-12. Thanks for your suggestions!

Shawn

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Having only watched only portions of his Black Death Movie, it is unfortunate that Mark does not give a very good impression of how safaris should be conducted in Africa. Shooting and backing up on clients animals is frowned upon by " the old school", however that being said there must be a whole lot of American Hunters who dont mind such practises, as he seems to be full.

I cant really blame Mark simply because he did not have a decent grounding and Apprenticship and simply does not know any better.

Posts: 80 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IH
posted Hide Post
"DEATH AT MY DOOR" I have seen many DVD's of Mark, I love it, wishing to see him one day

Posts: 192 | Location: Pakistan | Registered: 14 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IH
posted Hide Post
"DEATH AT MY DOOR", DEATH ON WALK", "DEATH CHALLENGE" AND "FEAR ON FACE" are my choice for title.

Posts: 192 | Location: Pakistan | Registered: 14 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I AGREE! Well Said! tu2

Posts: 353 | Location: tanzania, east africa | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IH: "FEAR ON FACE"

animal

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
How about 'The Mark of the Beast', or better yet 'The Mark and the Beast'... rotflmo animal
'Mark on the Beast'?

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
-Death at Dawn
-Dawn Till Death
-Death at Dusk
-Death at Last Light

500 grains in the guts, 900 grains between the eyes.

-You come a here, I shoota yo animal, you take a picture and brag to all your buddies!

-900 Grains of Death. If that one hasn't been used yet.

-500 grains of pissed off, 900 grains of Death!

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have it:

"Hit Hard" - How to hunt Dangerous Game with Mark Sullivan

fat chicks inc.

Posts: 475 | Location: Belgien | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about: "Assholes in Africa, letting the Big Scrote kill their game."

has a ring to it, doncha think?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jealous, such a horrible thing. Mr. Sullivan is a wonderful man with so many people filled with hate and envey. They should all ask for forgiveness from Mr. Sullivan.

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
yuck

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
"Mark Sullivan, the indisputable champion of those who are incapable of shooting their own animals. You will see in glorious real life colour how PH Mark Sullivan induces animals to charge, and how he KILLS them right in front of those clients willing to pay good money and just enjoy watching PH Mark Sullivan delivers on his promise.

Isn't this the best money can buy?

All a client has to do is pay his fees, and arrive in Dar, all the rest, including the actual hunting, is done by PH Mark Sullivan!"