THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Mark Sullivan-Naming the January 2013 DVD Release
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark Sullivan-Naming the January 2013 DVD Release
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by Maximus Brutus:
quote:
Originally posted by SG Olds:
Glad to see someone from Switzerland finally getting off their ass and actually taking a side. You go girl.

I'm English, you idiot.

your site address is Switzerland. how would ANYONE KNOW you are English? who is the idiot here? don't worry- it is a rhetorical question. even an idiot knows the answer

dancing jumping yuck

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Death March.

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If there is a competition I always want to win, I hate to lose. How ever I also do enjoy a good laugh. Here we go with a few serious entries to the competition;

"900 Grains of Death"
(the number of grains to be adjusted according to caliber if Mark is not using his 600NE in this movie)

"A Double Dose of Death"
(this one could perhaps be twisted a round a bit just for kicksWink)

"Bad Medicine. A Double Dose of Death"
"Black Medicine. A Double Dose of Death"
"African Woodo. A Double Dose of Death"
"Buffalo Medicine. A Double Dose of Death"

On an less serious note, how about;

"Painkiller. A Double Dose of Death"

"Euthanesia in the Long Grass"

"A Fistful of Nitro Express"

As I am Swedish I'd like to point out that I intend to stay neutral in this conflict...

Posts: 101 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Brett:

Point 1

Ivan and Buzz focus mainly if not entirely on elephants who don't need much coaxing to induce a charge though some may be aggravated mock charges whereas MS relies on wounded buffalo to be sufficiently goaded into producing the desired charge........just sayin coffee

Scenario 1

A PH hunts an animal that is very dangerous and prone to charge (elephant) with a very close and confrontational style. The dangerous animal is more prone to charge when someone is close. The PH is not looking for a charge, but knows that the closer they get the more likely they are to get charged. They get close and guess what?.....they get charged.

Scenario 2

A PH hunts an animal that is very dangerous and prone to charge (dry land hippo) with a very close and confrontational style. The dangerous animal is more prone to charge when someone is close. The PH is looking for a charge. They get close and guess what?.....they get charged.

You say potato I say.......

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Tanzanian Gigolo's Mustache In The Bush: Horny For Handlebar Horns 2013

jumping

I think we can stop the search on this one!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like:

Death Wispher
Death Dance

or my:
Blitz Death

One of Us
posted Hide Post
'Appointment with Syncerus Caffer'
'Dicing with Death'
'Yours Truly Scores Again'
'Lessons on DG Hunting the Proper Way'

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I vote for Saeed's "HUNTING BUFFALO FOR DUMMYS! PAY ME AND I WILL SHOOT YOUR BUFFALO!" That title really hits the nail on the head.
Hans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grafton:
You guys are a bunch of bullies Big Grin...but I do enjoy a good mob.

1. Death To Shirt Sleeves.

2. Loud Boom, Soft Whisper

3. Death to modern haircuts/Safari Mullet vol 1.

4. Prolonged Death

5. Tanzania Testosterone

6. Niassa Narcissist

7. Legitimate Rape

8. Masai Mara Machismo

9. Bwana Mustache and a bunch of old guys that can't shoot volume 9.

10. Lead Belly

11. The Perfect Shot...Not

12. Dumb Ass in The Long Grass

13.Staged Rage

14. Death In The Afternoon (from the wounds the day before yesterday)

15. Hippos and Hair Gel

16. The Big Five... Reasons I am Better Than You

17. White Men Can't Shoot

18. No Room For Old Men

I can go all night.....

I actually enjoy his videos for the entertainment value and scenery...but fun to play along anyway, fame does have its price hilbily
yuck Best one yet!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
"WARRIOR'S DEATH CHOICE, after it has been shot," or "WATCH MY .600 GIT HER DONE, at your expense." popcorn coffee hilbily
jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
The following description might be appropriate for the back of the DVD sleeve.

"Enjoy PH Mark Sullivan's latest adventures with clueless clients who have no idea how to hunt. See how PH Mark Sullivan convinces his clueless clients to pay him to shoot their animals, repeating his famous saying "I let them decide how they wish to die. And I let the clients pay for my enjoyment"!

Mark Sullivan, the ONLY PH African has ever known to have enduced more charges by wounded buffalo and hippos, than 100 African PHs who between them have thousands of hunting days, and thousands of buffalo and hippos to their names.

PH Mark Sullivan, who is unique among his peers of being the ONLY PH who has been BANNED by the two most famous hunting orgenizations, SCI and DSC, for his fearless pretend charges of dangerous game.

PH Mark Sullivan, who has even Hollywood with their CGI computers, look at him in awe of how he manages to pull the wool over so many hunters eyes.

This is one of the funniest forums. I laughed so hard that my wife came from another part of the house and asked what happened.
Saeed: how about moving this discussion into the humor forum?
Cheers! Hans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Children,

Sounds like the boys (and girly boys) are wound up on Mr. Sullivan. I find him a wonderful man, a true gentleman, extremely amenable and seriously intelligent. I listen to the girly boys throwing their toys out of the pram cruising someone who admits he likes the trill of a charge and shoots well yet they love Mr. Carter who does exactly the same bloody thing.
Whatever one has to say at least Mr. Sullivan has never shot anyone in the back claiming it was an accident!!!!!!!!!!

We have each and every Video, DVD and Book Mr. Sullivan and Mr. Carter and Mr. Charlton have produced and find them remarkably alike with the exception being in the manner of presentation.

How many men out there have hunted with Mr. Sullivan are critical of his methods.

Just how many of you folks who have so many terrible things to say about Mr. Sullivan have ever hunted with him, met him or hunted Africa anywhere other than behind a fence in some park in South Africa?

Have a GREAT day boys and girls and you too girly boys!

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've met and talked with him.

Maybe your judgment isn't as keen and perceptive as you think. Either way, he's all yours, enjoy your time together.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GOB:
Well Children,

Sounds like the boys (and girly boys) are wound up on Mr. Sullivan.

This isn't the first time you've referred to members on this forum as "children" in a tone as if you are somehow the adult and of superior intellect. The quality and content of your previous posts on a multitude of issues, along with with your command of the picture posting procedures here seem to indicate otherwise!

I find him a wonderful man, a true gentleman, extremely amenable and seriously intelligent. I listen to the girly boys throwing their toys out of the pram cruising someone who admits he likes the trill of a charge and shoots well yet they love Mr. Carter who does exactly the same bloody thing.

Again with the children's references?? What's the problem here? More on Ivan in a bit.

Whatever one has to say at least Mr. Sullivan has never shot anyone in the back claiming it was an accident!!!!!!!!!!

WOW. So what you are saying is that someone here shot another hunter in the back on purpose?? Wouldn't that be a criminal act? Was it premeditated or something said over breakfast that just pissed him off??

We have each and every Video, DVD and Book Mr. Sullivan and Mr. Carter and Mr. Charlton have produced and find them remarkably alike with the exception being in the manner of presentation.

I also have all of Mark's, Ivan's, and Buzz's DVD's. I hunt with Buzz. They all contain charges. However, the difference is that Buzz and Ivan do not provoke WOUNDED animals into charging instead of putting them down as soon as they are located and a clean shot assured. Sorry but there is a difference, and do realize I'm saying this as a person who does enjoy watching the Sullivan videos. I don't care for him not finishing off the animal at the first opportunity but I do enjoy watching him stop charges from close quarters with a big gun. Sorry, it's a bit of a conflict on my part but then again, I enjoy watching a bull fight as well. I would however, prefer the guy with the lance not be involved. To put a finer point on it, the difference is that an unwounded elephant that Buzz or Ivan approaches has the ability to run off or charge. Unwounded, it is just as likely to run. When Mark approaches a WOUNDED buffalo, what real choice does it have? It is hurting and pissed off, likely wanting to extract some revenge for the pain.

How many men out there have hunted with Mr. Sullivan are critical of his methods.

Everyone I've ever spoken with that hunted with Mark has only positive things to say about him. Still, I think you'll find more support on this forum if you keep your comments fair and attempt to represent things truthfully.

Just how many of you folks who have so many terrible things to say about Mr. Sullivan have ever hunted with him, met him or hunted Africa anywhere other than behind a fence in some park in South Africa?

Back to the children / parent references, eh? CHILD PLEASE!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It wooks, you pick on people and if the girly boy suits you then bombs away. However I do find it amazind that you and others act like children to disparage someone that you do not even know nor have ever spent time with to ridicule him. The free and open exchange of ideas and opinions only seems to work when it is your opinion.

Go fly a kite and chill out. Oh, are you a "girly boy", just asking??

Fly away!

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well Children ...
... girly boys!

Please GO TO HADES right now Mr. GOB.
And while there, please feel "free and open," as you say,
to exchange that idea back to where it belongs: UP YOURS, Mr. GOB.

(Language edited to slightly more polite.)

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
It wooks, you pick on people and if the girly boy suits you then bombs away. However I do find it amazind that you and others act like children to disparage someone that you do not even know nor have ever spent time with to ridicule him. The free and open exchange of ideas and opinions only seems to work when it is your opinion.

Go fly a kite and chill out. Oh, are you a "girly boy", just asking??

Fly away!

Glen,

Do you actually read the responses people engage you with or do you just fly off the handle for the sake of it? If you look back at my responses on this thread, and others, you'll see that even though I take exception with MS's method of not finishing off the wounded animal quickly, I am generally a supporter of his. I have most of his DVD's. There may be one or two that I don't have. I've stated that I enjoy watching him stop charges in close with a big gun. I've stated that everyone I've spoken to that hunted with him say only good things about him.

So tell me again how that is "acting like a child to disparage someone that [I] do not even know nor have ever spent time with, (BTW are you sure about that one), to ridicule him"? It seems that the only one on this thread that is afraid of a free and open exchange of ideas and opinions is you.

And I really don't get this fascination you have with "children" and especially "girly boys". Maybe you spent time in Thailand? But to answer your question, no, I'm not a "girly boy". Sorry to disappoint but you'll need to keep looking in order to indulge your Transvestite fantasies!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
hey Glen, does the "katohey" ring a bell???

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark says that he lets the animal (Buffalo) choose how it will die. So when the buffalo charges and winds up at Mark's feet, the Title could be, "Wrong Choice"

Posts: 790 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen Mark Sullivan is a hot topic on the whole internet, not just on AR!

Right here I will say it is certainly the right of everyone to express their own opinion! Nobody is denying that fact, but anyone can see there is a lot more evidence one way than the other. IMO that alone says volumes! Simply because a majority believes one way doesn’t necessarily make that opinion true, but in this case the abuses objected to are there on film for everyone to see, and freely admitted to by Mr. Sullivan.

For every pro-MS post there are far more con posts, not to mention that he has already been ask to leave the two of top hunting organizations in the world today. That fact alone should justify some close scrutiny of the validity of his practices. That alone should tell any sane person there is something awry in Mr. Sullivan’s methods!

The con opinions might be suspect if they were animal rights freaks from PeTA, but they are seemingly 100% hunters with the majority of the hunters being experienced African hunters on the con side including a large number of PHs.

Every time something like this comes up the supporters of the questionable practice come up with “Well others do it as well!” , a statement that holds no water. Abhorrent activity is no less abhorrent simply because more than one person does it.

The fact is, when a client hunter wounds a Cape buffalo, hippo elephant or lion, the proper drill is to advise the client hunter where to place HIS finishing shot to put the animal down for the count as soon as the animals is approached. Gentlemen there is NO way you can guarantee that an animal will NOT charge especially if already wounded in which case the PH is obligated to join in to protect all involved. That is what Ivan, and Buz both do, and their shots are justified. But there is certainly a way to guarantee that a charge WILL happen even when it could easily be avoided. This last scenario is what MS is all about.

Mr. Sullivan fully admits he purposely causes a charge of the wounded animal by moving into the wounded animal’s fight space. This is not letting the animal decide anything, much less how he wants to die, because he doesn’t want to die any way.

IMO, this hesitating finishing him off quickly, for nothing more that giving the PH an excuse to shoot the client’s animal, on film, which the delay not only adds to the animal’s suffering, but puts everyone in the hunting party in real unnecessary risk. It is one thing to facilitate an unnecessary charge when you are the only one put in danger, but this activity filmed by MS puts everyone in the party in peril for nothing more that his ego, and monetary gain IMO.

Then when anyone objects to what I think is unethical activity we see the mental midgets resort to calling names. When a person has no defendable backing for his/her opinion on the subject at hand the only thing they know how to do is try to belittle anyone who disagrees by attempting to make them look small with insults like GIRLEY BOYS or insinuating that because they have not hunted with the person in question that they must not have hunted dangerous game at all and assumes they have only hunted behind high fence. This opinion is not valid. A defense that is not valid in a case where everyone is free to see the whole thing on film, and read and hear the admission from the so-called horse’s mouth.

In my opinion, SCI owes Mr. Sullivan a private hearing, and to offer him a reason or reasons why he was ousted. That being said, I believe MS knows full well why he was ousted, but that does not negate SCI’s responsibility to lay out the charges even if only verbally. That or the name calling, however, changes nothing in my opinion of Sullivans conduct!

....................................................................... coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well Children,

Sounds like the boys (and girly boys) are wound up on Mr. Sullivan. I find him a wonderful man, a true gentleman, extremely amenable and seriously intelligent. I listen to the girly boys throwing their toys out of the pram cruising someone who admits he likes the trill of a charge and shoots well yet they love Mr. Carter who does exactly the same bloody thing.

So if someone does not agree with your own convoluted way of hunting is denigrated by silly names?

Just goes to show what sort of "man" you really are!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mark is currently hunting with clients in Tanzania but I had a chance to speak with him today.

It would be interesting to know the areas/concessions in which MS is conducting his hunts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Mark is currently hunting with clients in Tanzania but I had a chance to speak with him today.

It would be interesting to know the areas/concessions in which MS is conducting his hunts.

He is the most loved PH of Mr. Sheni but Fulvio you should know it as a DAR Resident ;-)

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you really think Mark Sullivan cares about the lies and BS some of the dust for brains on this thread say about him,answer NO.Mark has been at this for such a longtime and still going strong.People who REALLY know Mark know this is pure slander so lets move on and grow up.When you are the best(Mark Sullivan)some will say just about anything,pure jealousy....

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Good day, gents:
I am amazed at how much mileage this forum gets just with the mention of Mark's name. It illustrates how people are drawn to him. He must be doing something right to get all this unsolicited attention. I would guess most PHs can only dream of such publicity. The "Open Letter" thread even more so.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Amazing!

So those of us who do not think Mark Sullivan is nothing but a bullshit artist are called "girls" and have only "dust for brains".

Call me whatever you like, as far as I am concerned, Mark Sullivan is the most unethical guide operating in Africa right now.

Calling him a PH is an insult to the profession.

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You(saeed) dont know Mark so you say things about him that are just not true,assumptions,BS, very sad.Case closed I dont need to say anymore.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Good day, gents:
I am amazed at how much mileage this forum gets just with the mention of Mark's name. It illustrates how people are drawn to him. He must be doing something right to get all this unsolicited attention. I would guess most PHs can only dream of such publicity. The "Open Letter" thread even more so.
Cal

That's an interesting take or twist...gave me a good laugh....

There are certainly a few who are drawn to self promoters no matter what tactics are employed. It seems many others may just be disgusted enough to vent...

In my view, the sport of hunting is a noble undertaking that requires respect for the law, the animals we hunt, and how we go about it, etc...we all make mistakes but...

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Mark follows all of the nobel undertakings

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by capebuf:
And Mark follows all of the nobel undertakings

That would be what the arguments, debate, etc is about...

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alot of the arguments are just assumptions,things that are said about Mark that are simply not true what so ever.I wouldnt be supporting someone knowing that these lies where true,believe me.Many and I mean many feel the sameway I do.

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Ave magnum capatrix

cerebra sunt frustratae Cool

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
damn, i knew i should have studied Latin in high school instead of Spanish. after all, why would i ever need to speak Spanish in California. nilly

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
I though this was a thread about naming a new DVD? Cool

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was about the new DVD but when you have some throwing around lies and assumptions thats just pure slander,having no knowledge of the person is simply not right.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:

Got your answer..Saw him in a 2011 photo with a client and elephant...Game Frontiers of TZ.

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:

For every pro-MS post there are far more con posts, not to mention that he has already been ask to leave the two of top hunting organizations in the world today. That fact alone should justify some close scrutiny of the validity of his practices. That alone should tell any sane person there is something awry in Mr. Sullivan’s methods!

Mac,

Your posts are usually so informative, I treat them with great respect. This one, however, is out of bounds.

Being honored by SCI is no great endorsement. Far from it. They have routinely accepted and even endorsed scoundrels and thieves, as long as the group's pockets are lined in the process. Egregious cases are routinely brought before their "ethics" committee, and I have yet to hear of one favorable outcome to the hunter. The latest is a client needs to pay SCI before they will even look at a case. So SCI endorsement, or lack thereof, is meaningless.

Second, we have no firsthand knowledge of what happened when Mr. Sullivan was asked to leave. If past SCI behavior is any indication, I would believe it had to do with MONEY, rather than any perceived ethics violation.

A few others, including Saeed, have gone on a public forum and accused MS of crimes and misdemeanors, without presenting a shred of evidence. Hearsay just does not count.

I have not hunted with Mark, and have no intention of doing so. But I do grow tired of the self righteous mob.

Best

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Not much booking or hunting info on his site...mostly just advertisements for his videos.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
So DSC has BANNED him for just lies?

SCI has BANNED him for just lies?

Certain concession holders in Tanzania have BANNED him from hunting on their is just LIES?

It seems there is a lot of "lies" following only just one man.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
His Methods seem to work though.
Regardless of whether any of you like it or not he is still alive and well after facing more charges than most. That is all the endorsement I need.

Marks way of handling close quarters charges has the highest success rate of any.
Until someone can actually show some inkling of justification, outside of their own personal feelings, for him and his methods to be damned: I say put your money where your moth is and show us different

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote