Find
Notify
Tools

Nickudu?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
I was just thinking about some of the folks here whose posts I have admired over the years, and it occurred to me that I haven't seen Nickudu on AR in long time. A search showed that he posted as a moderator on a shotgun question in 2016. Back when I first discovered AR and began to entertain the thought of going to Africa, it seems to me Nickudu had a post in the Travel section that was absolutely the bible on what to bring.
Wherever he is, I wish him well and remain grateful for the advice he shared.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I saw an old thread with his post in it, and it got me wondering as well.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Nick died in 2016. He was one of the good ones.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13379 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
RIP Nick

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yep a true gentleman.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7970 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Damn. Time marches on. Lots of water under the bridge since 2006 when I signed onto this outfit.

I wish those days, in regards to Africa Hunting, were here now.

RIP Nick! He is in Gods Kingdom I am sure…parked under the shade of an acacia speaking with John Hunter on the efficiency of the .500 on stopping a rhino charge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36509 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP Nick

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. What a helpful gentleman.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The world is always diminished when we lose good people.

But of course, we have been, since the beginning of mankind, and we will lose more in the future, hopefully replaced by men & women of equal character and moral fiber.

Sorry to hear of the passing of this gentleman. RIP Nickudu.

Posts: 2586 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote